Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

Viata

Arcane
ofc the game is full of swarthy people, it's set in g*rmania
Rusty you're literally American, why do you do this to yourself?
Ben Franklin:
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.
So the good things came from European people, not exactly white people. :philosoraptor:
communism isn't a good thing
Amazing how you put everything that didn't come from Britain as "communism".

Codex Year of the Donut
Ben Franklin:
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.
So the good things came from European people, not exactly white people. :philosoraptor:
it's an accurate summary

Saduj

Arcane
I've been browsing this thread since the beginning and I just now realized that the name of the game has never been "Penitent".

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ben Franklin:
it's an accurate summary
A wonderful demonstration of the American education system. Bravo!

Codex Year of the Donut
Ben Franklin:
it's an accurate summary
A wonderful demonstration of the American education system. Bravo!
He posts on his anglo designed electronic device using anglo electricity in the anglo language on a site hosted by anglos to discuss anglo video games in a genre created by anglos.

Viata

Arcane
Yeah, but he was talking about american education, not English education. Do not assume old English people had the same shitty education as current americans have.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Those are still pictures. Concessions have to be made when it comes to things that need to be animated.
Assuming that's true, don't animate them then.
Considering the degree of "animation" in the videos, it doesn't seem like much work to have better drawn images move at the joints.

KVVRR

Learned
Not having blacks and troons in your game should be the norm, not a special feature to be celebrated.
Yes, but also I wouldn't have any issue with " straigh up n-words" and "striaight up tr*annies" if they'd place them accordingly. Like, if the tranny in Cyberpunk wasn't that bartender, but instead one of the dolls from Clouds, I wouldn't even have batted an eye.
Transexual people? In MY transhumanist cyberpunk dystopia??? NO FUCKING WAY

See, in a high tech cyberpunk transhumanist world trannies would be obsolete because body modification would have reached the point where you can just have a female clone of yourself made and then download your mind into its brain.

Current year mutilation surgeries, or troons who keep their male body yet wear a dress and demand to be called "ma'am" would be completely outdated and no longer exist.
There's an entire part of the final mission that especifically tells you that you won't really be you by downloading your memories to your wipe-clean brain, even if it doesn't really matter by that point.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh. Gosh. JOSH!

wtf okay? :argh:Do any of y ou realize that if this game does not do well what h appens okay? Josh is out of a job okay? OKAY? :oThis is n ot a joke it is someone who has been in the industry as a web designer asnd made his climb to some of the best games we have all enjoyed in the last twenty or more years and he is lost rightg now and needs support to find the road he was on be it in his shoes or bicycle this is make it or b reak it!.. He already lost $2,000 on making a Licha nd dungeon for that other game that went backrupt I think it is good he is doing something else he always wanted to dxo and bring it out for us. So take a moment and pause before you drag his name through the mud okay and remember the games he gave us we all love and enjoy still to this day. :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hi.

gosh. Gosh. JOSH!

wtf okay? :argh:Do any of y ou realize that if this game does not do well what h appens okay? Josh is out of a job okay? OKAY? :oThis is n ot a joke it is someone who has been in the industry as a web designer asnd made his climb to some of the best games we have all enjoyed in the last twenty or more years and he is lost rightg now and needs support to find the road he was on be it in his shoes or bicycle this is make it or b reak it!.. He already lost $2,000 on making a Licha nd dungeon for that other game that went backrupt I think it is good he is doing something else he always wanted to dxo and bring it out for us. So take a moment and pause before you drag his name through the mud okay and remember the games he gave us we all love and enjoy still to this day. :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry
Don't drink and post kids

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hi.

gosh. Gosh. JOSH!

Thanks,
Sherry
It's gamepass fodder, it doesn't need to be profitable.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi.

gosh. Gosh. JOSH!

Thanks,
Sherry

I'm sure if he lose his job, one of the nice prostitutes on Twitter he cares so much about will take him in.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Music feels super annoying.

Gradually changing opacity of Dialogue font color from 0.0 to 1 is very annoying.

The font style is annoying to read.

Colors look good.

The art style is so bad that it takes time to get used to.

Dialog options that cover the character are annoying.

I bet 90% of Codexer will play this game because there are no black people in it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, I hope someone else buys his crap looking adventure game then, because that sounds actually interesting.

Fun fact: I watched that Xbox reveal stream and skipped over Pentiment at first because I thought it was some sort of shitty phone game. I was confused later when I saw comments about the Pentiment reveal and had to look it up. I wasn't interested when the game was announced and even with that, it's managed not to meet my expectations.

It does look unique though so it may appeal to some on those grounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom