Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pentiment releasing on November 15th, now available for preorder

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Hannah Kennedy; Josh Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pentiment

In a rare victory for creative integrity over marketing, Josh Sawyer's historical murder mystery game Pentiment was rebranded from RPG to "narrative-driven game" soon after it was announced back in June. However for completeness sake, we will continue to cover the game here until its release. Earlier today, Obsidian announced that Pentiment would be launching on November 15th and opened up preorders. There was no trailer for this announcement, but the game did appear on IGN's Gamescom stream this afternoon, presented by Josh and artist Hannah Kennedy. Topics covered during the segment included the game's artistic vision and its implementation of choice & consequence in a storyline spanning over twenty five years.

Numerous previews of Pentiment were published today as well, covering many of the same topics. Here's a list of them:

Pentiment is now available for preorder on Steam for $20, though it's clearly expected that most people will be playing via PC Game Pass. I assume we'll get to see more of the game during tomorrow's Xbox stream.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sawyer.jpg

Real Sawyer description in the description box.

Modron

Arcane

You'll probably have to end up making an xbox live account for this despite the page not list needing a third party account yet as that has been the case for every other game with the publisher xbox game studios.

If this Wasn't an XBox exclusive, I'd honestly be interested. Just from a system design perspective.
It's not an Xbox exclusive.
This will be for PC?
Yeah. Console exclusives are kinda done. It’s more “ecosystem exclusives” for Sony and Microsoft games. Ecosystem meaning PC and whatever their console is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom