Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

people are leaving the codex in droves

Lemming42

Arcane
What examples are there of game devs being shut down by banks/payment processors? I'm aware that banks rejecting people/organisations on ideological grounds is a thing that happens, but I can't immediately think of it happening with a game developer.

The closest I can think to corporations actually hindering the publication of games is when shit called like ETHNIC CLEANSING 2: HOMO-CIDAL RAMPAGE gets removed from Steam Greenlight.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Blackshirt.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The issue with the "just build ur own XXX" meme is the SJW crowd cancels your ability to build your own XXX with a variety of compliance tactics, with the most effective being through banning your ability to accept money or spend money by targeting your payment processors or banks.

Got an example of that happening?

Many such examples, are you looking for one in any particular industry?

Camel

Scholar
Are you really obtuse?
Parler is your example. The right-wingers according to their principles left Twitter shithole and build a popular alternative with “Overall, the app was the 10th most downloaded social media app in 2020 with 8.1 million new installs,” reported TechCrunch. That is because three Silicon Valley monopolies — Amazon, Google and Apple — abruptly united to remove Parler from the internet, exactly at the moment when it became the most-downloaded app in the country." Making a right-wing or even neutral alternative to left-wing platform paint a huge target on your back or gets you destroyed.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how-silicon-valley-in-a-show-of-monopolistic
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4cf23313-31c9-4de7-b0e9-d17361fa3dc0_560x849.png

If you want an example from the gaming industry look how Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Dan Vavra were treated by the left-wing gaming press.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Let's stay in the gaming industry.

In the case of the game industry, steam is the big "payment processor" for PC games. I don't know much about console games or how that works, but I'm sure anything not diverse enough would never make it through the door.

Here's a couple from a quick google

https://ganker.com/best-of-the-worst-offensive-banned-steam-games/

Muhammad Sex Simulator 2015
mohammed-sex-simulator-2015.jpg

However, according to some reviewers (Encyclopedia Dramatica), the game should be docked a point for having a disclaimer.
Steam Greenlight was supposed to give legitimate indie developers a chance at making it big on Steam, and it did. The opportunity also heralded a renaissance of offensive games backed by trolling efforts on 4chan.

One notable example is Muhammad Sex Simulator 2015, a parody of Islam and European autism simulators replete with elaborate animations and sex acts involving sheep, pigs, goats, and other men.

The game was obviously lovingly developed to cause maximum possible offense per pixel used, and the craftsmanship is showing.

ISIS Simulator

Watch this video on YouTube

Suicide Simulator, another BunchOD00dz classic.
The well-respected developer known as BunchOD00dz was the mastermind behind this one. The premise of ISIS Simulator is simple, as archived by SteamSpy: “You are soldier, enemy are ISIS. Soldier is good, ISIS is bad. ISIS are terrorist, soldier kill terrorist.”

The game itself is a generic first person shooter and the graphics look like Counter-Strike 1.6 had a love child with one of the original Turok games. But its name and subject matter was apparently offensive enough to be removed from the Steam store. Can’t hurt the feelings of those former ISIS fighters and their new productive lives as beneficiaries of free housing and PTSD diagnosis enhanced welfare checks in Sweden and UK.

BunchOD00dz was also responsible for other greats like AIDS Simulator and Suicide Simulator.

LGBT vs Russia Battleground
lgbt-vs-russia-battlegrounds.jpg

In this game you take part in the intergalactic war between Russia and the LGBT community of our world. Whose side will you be, it remains only to choose. Your task is to choose one character and start playing.

LGBT vs Russia Battleground was a battle royale game that was likely created in response to media reports about Russia’s alleged treatment of homosexual people.

Despite the promises of the unorthodox title, nothing about the actual content itself of this game is particularly Russian or gay. The title implies that this game features a war between homosexual warriors and Russian soldiers, but that’s about as far as it goes. LGBT vs Russia Battleground is a mediocre-at-best battle royale featuring Minecraft-style graphics. Here’s a youtube, judge for yourself:

The game was still banned from Steam, which is a shame because the concept and name is just so stupid is ends up being good for a medium laugh.

Lemming42

Arcane
If you want an example from the gaming industry look how Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Dan Vavra were treated by the left-wing gaming press.

Criticism, even stupid criticism, isn't censorship. Dan Vavra is a twat (hi if you're reading this! i love Mafia 1!) and people are in their rights to call him a twat. People are free to say insane shit about how the game should have more black people in it. That's not an attempt to stop the game from existing. KCD was never censored or blocked in any way, and can be found on Steam, GoG and other big platforms. The game received critical praise from major publications, topped the Steam best sellers chart, etc.

Lemming42

Arcane
In the case of the game industry, steam is the big "payment processor" for PC games. I don't know much about console games or how that works, but I'm sure anything not diverse enough would never make it through the door.

So the problem is with Steam specifically, then? The society-wide SJW menace who stomp out any opposition and crush all dissident views are just the Steam Greenlight moderators?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron

Criticism, even stupid criticism, isn't censorship. Dan Vavra is a twat (hi if you're reading this! i love Mafia 1!) and people are in their rights to call him a twat. People are free to say insane shit about how the game should have more black people in it. That's not an attempt to stop the game from existing. KCD was never censored or blocked in any way, and can be found on Steam, GoG and other big platforms. The game received critical praise from major publications, topped the Steam best sellers chart, etc.

There's actually a lot of discussion about this in progressive circles. They are aware that they don't have an ideological monopoly in the gaming industry just yet and are looking for ways to increase their "market share."

The goal of progressivism is to eradicate ideologies they disagree with. Tolerance is code word for "agree with us or die."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Vavra escaped consequences because they have no means to affect him at his own company in the Czech Republic. People like sser, Troy Leavitt, and Scott Cawthon being successfully pressured into quitting their jobs weren't so fortunate.

Camel

Scholar

Kingdom Come Owes Its Popularity To 'Realism' And Conservative Politics
Nathan Grayson
Since then, a schism has formed around Kingdom Come. Some are hesitant to play the game because of the views of its most visible creator and what he seems to represent, not to mention how modern day nationalistic biases might influence his team’s choice of historical sources. Vice’s video game site, Waypoint, even refused to cover the game on those grounds.
aa3ceaea89140a7c1ac75a084d2bfde6de446deb.png
So is it acceptable to boycott the game because it offends your left-wing views?

Viata

Arcane

Vavra escaped consequences because they have no means to affect him at his own company in the Czech Republic. People like sser, Troy Leavitt, and Scott Cawthon being successfully pressured into quitting their jobs weren't so fortunate.
I remember someone tweeting Vavra's company hoping they would force Vavra to lost his job, only for that person to receive a reply from Vavra saying he is one of the owners.

Lemming42

Arcane
There's actually a lot of discussion about this in progressive circles. They are aware that they don't have an ideological monopoly in the gaming industry just yet and are looking for ways to increase their "market share."

The goal of progressivism is to eradicate ideologies they disagree with. Tolerance is code word for "agree with us or die."

I know there are people out there who want to censor anything they don't like, but that's not unique to self-styled "progressives". There are people on here - perhaps a minority, perhaps not - who will piss and moan all day long at the very existence of a character or concept they don't like in a videogame because, like the progressives you mention, they can't handle disagreement or opposing views. They'll also go off at devs for posting cringey pride flag shit, in the exact same way people go off at Vavra for being a prat on Twitter.

Most people don't care about any of this shit and just want to play videogames. Most normal people didn't care that there were no black characters in KCD, and most normal people don't care that there are, to quote HeroMarine, "gay and African American" characters in new fantasy RPGs. It's just IDpol-obsessed people arguing with other IDpol-obsessed people and drowning everything out in white noise.

Nathan Grayson
Since then, a schism has formed around Kingdom Come. Some are hesitant to play the game because of the views of its most visible creator and what he seems to represent, not to mention how modern day nationalistic biases might influence his team’s choice of historical sources. Vice’s video game site, Waypoint, even refused to cover the game on those grounds.
So is it acceptable to boycott the game because it offends your left-wing views?

It's acceptable to boycott anything you want, surely. Nobody can make you buy or review a game against your will. I assume you'd boycott a game called Gay Sex Sim 2021 on the grounds that you're not interested.

Camel

Scholar

I know there are people out there who want to censor anything they don't like, but that's not unique to self-styled "progressives". There are people on here - perhaps a minority, perhaps not - who will piss and moan all day long at the very existence of a character or concept they don't like in a videogame because, like the progressives you mention, they can't handle disagreement or opposing views. They'll also go off at devs for posting cringey pride flag shit, in the exact same way people go off at Vavra for being a prat on Twitter.

Most people don't care about any of this shit and just want to play videogames. Most normal people didn't care that there were no black characters in KCD, and most normal people don't care that there are, to quote HeroMarine, "gay and African American" characters in new fantasy RPGs. It's just IDpol-obsessed people arguing with other IDpol-obsessed people and drowning everything out in white noise.

Nathan Grayson

It's acceptable to boycott anything you want, surely. Nobody can make you buy or review a game against your will. I assume you'd boycott a game called Gay Sex Sim 2021 on the grounds that you're not interested.
Vavra was also grateful for the support Kingdom Come fans showed during the initial media backlash.

"Thank god gamers were largely on our side," he said. "Usually when you look at comments sections under those articles... it backfired terribly for those magazines. So thanks to our fans for their support. I was really thinking I was going to quit because I didn't need this in my life."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-is-no-propaganda-in-kingdom-come-deliverance
Look at human toll that these attacks from left-wing gaming press took from Dan Vavra and I'd say he's pretty thick-skinned individual. He wanted to quit from his life's work.
Precisely.

Humbaba

Arcane
Are you really obtuse?
Parler is your example. The right-wingers according to their principles left Twitter shithole and build a popular alternative with “Overall, the app was the 10th most downloaded social media app in 2020 with 8.1 million new installs,” reported TechCrunch. That is because three Silicon Valley monopolies — Amazon, Google and Apple — abruptly united to remove Parler from the internet, exactly at the moment when it became the most-downloaded app in the country." Making a right-wing or even neutral alternative to left-wing platform paint a huge target on your back or gets you destroyed.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how-silicon-valley-in-a-show-of-monopolistic
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4cf23313-31c9-4de7-b0e9-d17361fa3dc0_560x849.png

After reports that Parler was used to coordinate the 2021 storming of the U.S. Capitol, several companies denied it their services.[40]

But yeah the evil leftist cabal of social media jews are at fault. Also if I recall Kingdom Cum is still on sale to this day.

Let's stay in the gaming industry.

Muhammad Sex Simulator 2015
mohammed-sex-simulator-2015.jpg

However, according to some reviewers (Encyclopedia Dramatica), the game should be docked a point for having a disclaimer.
Steam Greenlight was supposed to give legitimate indie developers a chance at making it big on Steam, and it did. The opportunity also heralded a renaissance of offensive games backed by trolling efforts on 4chan.

One notable example is Muhammad Sex Simulator 2015, a parody of Islam and European autism simulators replete with elaborate animations and sex acts involving sheep, pigs, goats, and other men.

The game was obviously lovingly developed to cause maximum possible offense per pixel used, and the craftsmanship is showing.

ISIS Simulator

Suicide Simulator, another BunchOD00dz classic.
The well-respected developer known as BunchOD00dz was the mastermind behind this one. The premise of ISIS Simulator is simple, as archived by SteamSpy: “You are soldier, enemy are ISIS. Soldier is good, ISIS is bad. ISIS are terrorist, soldier kill terrorist.”

The game itself is a generic first person shooter and the graphics look like Counter-Strike 1.6 had a love child with one of the original Turok games. But its name and subject matter was apparently offensive enough to be removed from the Steam store. Can’t hurt the feelings of those former ISIS fighters and their new productive lives as beneficiaries of free housing and PTSD diagnosis enhanced welfare checks in Sweden and UK.

BunchOD00dz was also responsible for other greats like AIDS Simulator and Suicide Simulator.

LGBT vs Russia Battleground
lgbt-vs-russia-battlegrounds.jpg

In this game you take part in the intergalactic war between Russia and the LGBT community of our world. Whose side will you be, it remains only to choose. Your task is to choose one character and start playing.

LGBT vs Russia Battleground was a battle royale game that was likely created in response to media reports about Russia’s alleged treatment of homosexual people.

Despite the promises of the unorthodox title, nothing about the actual content itself of this game is particularly Russian or gay. The title implies that this game features a war between homosexual warriors and Russian soldiers, but that’s about as far as it goes. LGBT vs Russia Battleground is a mediocre-at-best battle royale featuring Minecraft-style graphics. Here’s a youtube, judge for yourself:

The game was still banned from Steam, which is a shame because the concept and name is just so stupid is ends up being good for a medium laugh.

Bro if you make a game for the express purpose of offending people then don't be surprised when you actually end up offending people and getting your game pulled as a result. These are just troll games.

Humbaba

Arcane

I'm only familiar with the Cawthon case and there it was fags doxxing him and shit, rather than the International Elders of the Gaming Industry shutting him down. Also FNAF is still on sale too.

Camel

Scholar
After reports that Parler was used to coordinate the 2021 storming of the U.S. Capitol, several companies denied it their services.[40]

But yeah the evil leftist cabal of social media jews are at fault.
Trumpists coordinated their dumb actions mostly on Facebook and Twitter, not on Parler. But sure stay in your brainwashed bubble. Is Glenn Greenwald a member of your
"evil leftist cabal of social media jews"
?
Also if I recall Kingdom Cum is still on sale to this day.
Not for the lack of trying by the left-wingers!

Humbaba

Arcane

Trumpists coordinated their dumb actions mostly on Facebook and Twitter, not on Parler. But sure stay in your brainwashed bubble. Is Glenn Greenwald a member of your
?

Trumpists coordinated their dumb actions mostly on Facebook and Twitter, not on Parler.

Source?

If you count failed attempts as well, no wonder Twitter seems so powerful to you.

Lemming42

Arcane

Serious question, how many people do you think wanted KCD banned? I'm one of "the left-wingers" and I ignored the minor controversy around the game and enjoyed it, as did most people I know. I do not want it banned. It topped the Steam best-sellers chart, sold well, and got positive (or even glittering) reviews from major publications, including ones like GameSpot, IGN, Destructoid and many others that one would assume are subject to the alleged vast SJW conspiracy.

Camel

Scholar

?

Trumpists coordinated their dumb actions mostly on Facebook and Twitter, not on Parler.

Source?

If you count failed attempts as well, no wonder Twitter seems so powerful to you.
How about you give your source that relatively obscure Parler was used more than Facebook and Twitter before mostly peaceful protests at January 6?
‘Mostly peaceful’ Jan. 6 claim mostly true
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinio...0210526-x7nr42x655bfhjzkf34e4s27yu-story.html
Ron Johnson: Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a largely 'peaceful protest'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...riot-was-largely-peaceful-not-an-insurrection
no wonder Twitter seems so powerful to you
Parler was banned by such puny little companies like Apple and Amazon with a poor beggar Jeff Bezos.
Parler’s de-platforming shows the exceptional power of cloud providers like Amazon
Companies have warned about the risks of getting kicked off Amazon as they sought to go public for almost a decade.
Getting kicked off Amazon Web Services is rare, but it has enormous consequences.
The incident demonstrates a type of power that Amazon wields almost uniquely because so many companies rely on it to deliver computing and data storage. Amazon controlled 45% of the cloud infrastructure in 2019, more than any other company, according to estimates from technology research company Gartner. The app survived without being listed in Apple and Google’s app stores, but getting sent away from Amazon’s cloud has left Parler absent from the internet for days.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/16/how-parler-deplatforming-shows-power-of-cloud-providers.html

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane

?

Source?

How about you give your source that relatively obscure Parler was used more than Facebook and Twitter before mostly peaceful protests at January 6?
‘Mostly peaceful’ Jan. 6 claim mostly true
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinio...0210526-x7nr42x655bfhjzkf34e4s27yu-story.html
Ron Johnson: Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a largely 'peaceful protest'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...riot-was-largely-peaceful-not-an-insurrection
no wonder Twitter seems so powerful to you
Parler was banned by such puny little companies like Apple and Amazon with a poor beggar Jeff Bezos.
Parler’s de-platforming shows the exceptional power of cloud providers like Amazon
Companies have warned about the risks of getting kicked off Amazon as they sought to go public for almost a decade.
Getting kicked off Amazon Web Services is rare, but it has enormous consequences.
The incident demonstrates a type of power that Amazon wields almost uniquely because so many companies rely on it to deliver computing and data storage. Amazon controlled 45% of the cloud infrastructure in 2019, more than any other company, according to estimates from technology research company Gartner. The app survived without being listed in Apple and Google’s app stores, but getting sent away from Amazon’s cloud has left Parler absent from the internet for days.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/16/how-parler-deplatforming-shows-power-of-cloud-providers.html

Absolutely pathetic. Neither of these say anything about Facebook or Twitter being used more than Parler.

I mean I did but go off.

Complete schizo garbage. Take your meds.

Zlaja

Arcane
Absolutely pathetic. Neither of these say anything about Facebook or Twitter being used more than Parler

How have you managed to miss all the whining from mainstream liberal media about Facebook being "instrument used for the evil murderous insurrection" lately? The fake whistleblower thing was all about that. Pay some fucking attention!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom