Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Peripeteia - Deus Ex-inspired FPS/RPG set in anime cyberpunk Poland

S.torch

Arbiter
Senpai noticed me, nice.

Ahem, I mean, it looks very good like always! You're hitting that 2000s depressed ambient very close!

fuzz

Liturgist
Oh so the release was moved to 2023
697f2fdf4a723a0e437d22d2a4b84873_original.jpg

Another year of E.Y.E and Deus Ex sounds splendid!

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Game's not even out and i'm already saturated. I think they should stop producing demos and teasers and just finish the fucking game.
We may have taken the "screenshot saturday" thing too seriously. Most devs don't post progress every week but this is both a way of finding new audience and keeping ourselves motivated, as everything posted is newly added content and features. ""Hey gotta have something new to show, people need to know project ain't dead!" is the logic.
We also don't have a budget to spend on ads and marketing and shit, so getting exposure through consistent updates seems to be the way to go. Every post on twatter gets some followers, every youtube vid yields a subscriber and someone commenting "wow the algorithm recommended something relevant for once". I hope the correlation with the weekend bump in steam wishlists means causation.

Pearass

Educated
We may have taken the "screenshot saturday" thing too seriously. Most devs don't post progress every week but this is both a way of finding new audience and keeping ourselves motivated, as everything posted is newly added content and features. ""Hey gotta have something new to show, people need to know project ain't dead!" is the logic.
We also don't have a budget to spend on ads and marketing and shit, so getting exposure through consistent updates seems to be the way to go. Every post on twatter gets some followers, every youtube vid yields a subscriber and someone commenting "wow the algorithm recommended something relevant for once". I hope the correlation with the weekend bump in steam wishlists means causation.
It almost certainly does. IMO Roguey is correct, these are easy to ignore if already fatigued. I enjoy the updates; gives me something to look forward to every Saturday.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You can use someone else's augmented body in Peri, turning enemies into allies through bloodshot eyes.
"I can feel them following me, she's in my head. I can see through someone else's eyes, and I have a gun."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What fate have you earned yourself?

PERIPETEIA is a successfully kickstarted indie cyberpunk first-person game releasing in 2023.

This week's track: "Descend" by Singularity 27.

Pearass

Educated
You can use someone else's augmented body in Peri, turning enemies into allies through bloodshot eyes.
"I can feel them following me, she's in my head. I can see through someone else's eyes, and I have a gun."
I was just thinking about how it was such a shame that E.Y.E.'s system of hacking enemy bodies was so under-cooked and lamenting that it's such a rare mechanic. Do we know if it'll function only as shown in the video (i.e. need to get right up to the enemy to use it) or if it'll be able to be activated remotely à la E.Y.E?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

A few minutes late for #screenshotsaturday but hopefully you'll appreciate the drone showcase. As expected, it's a sneaky scouting tool, but Marie has an ace up her sleeve. She can still use her weapons while operating the drone.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Game's not even out and i'm already saturated. I think they should stop producing demos and teasers and just finish the fucking game.
Ignore GentlemanCuckthulhu and keep spamming away. But please, for fucks sake - don't change artstyles and gameplay mechanics every couple of months. It won't end well.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
I was just thinking about how it was such a shame that E.Y.E.'s system of hacking enemy bodies was so under-cooked and lamenting that it's such a rare mechanic. Do we know if it'll function only as shown in the video (i.e. need to get right up to the enemy to use it) or if it'll be able to be activated remotely à la E.Y.E?
It works as long as you have line of sight and zoom in enough. I think best you can do for remote haxx is using the drone to take over a dude.

Daily Reminder to not support crowd-funding or buy any game pre-release.
I don't agree but I'm biased cos it kept us fed and warm for the past year.

Ignore GentlemanCuckthulhu and keep spamming away. But please, for fucks sake - don't change artstyles and gameplay mechanics every couple of months. It won't end well.
I know it annoyed me to see Copper Dreams Mechajammer do that, hopefully in our case it's more of a natural progression over time.

necro

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom