Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Peripeteia - Deus Ex-inspired FPS/RPG set in anime cyberpunk Poland

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Lol I just noticed the filter got to the thread name.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao

Screenshot Saturday: Belt Feed​

This screenshot saturday we have a little shitpost for you. Our new physics-based MG belt system and everyone's favourite mouse being fed.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao

Screenshot Saturday: Customization

"This is my rifle- there are none like it, because this one is mine".

Even in a decaying city with over a hundred varieties of rusted, well-used, third hand military surplus, it's possible to add a little personal touch. This week we show off just four of those weapons and how they can be reconfigured for stealth, combat or just to make them look cooler.

Last edited:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The anniemay protagonist is a good way to filter people who are incapable of judging a game based on its gameplay rather than its character design. Kinda like how everyone is ugly in Dishonored and Prey.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The anniemay protagonist is a good way to filter people who are incapable of judging a game based on its gameplay rather than its character design. Kinda like how everyone is ugly in Dishonored and Prey.
Yep. I absolutely despise how the character looks but the gameplay itself seems very solid.

Self-Ejected

Netch

Self-Ejected
I don't understand why anyone is complaining about the anniemay style unless they just dislike anniemay in general or something (in fact I think that's probably the exact reason why people have issues with it). The atmosphere and style of this game in general seems to have a very Japanese/anniemay style cyberpunk feel to it, and I imagine it takes a lot of inspiration from things like Ghost in the Shell. Personally I think the protagonist looks great and I'm glad they're not changing her design just because some people seem to have a bias against anniemay.

Also fuck this word filter.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
It's also a good way to make your game uglier.

The main thing that looks bad is the size of her head. Why is it so large? There are many Japanese pedophile cartoons where main characters have proportionate heads.

Sykar

Arcane
Wishlisted. If it turns out to be decent I will
:d1p:
since I am a sucker for Cyberpunk. Too bad that Cyberbunk 2077 was such a huge let down. I hope you will do better Shodanon !

Also, a question, since the styling of the name of the game is somewhat similar to Blade Runner name style, is this a hint that the game will have some kind of connection or homage to it? Or is it just a coincidence?
iu

vs
peripeteia2.png

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
Yep. I absolutely despise how the character looks but the gameplay itself seems very solid.
It sticks out like a sore thumb, but i still look foward to playing this game

Zariusz

Arbiter
I believe that if the head designs were more in style of those concept arts we would have good balance with animu and grounded feel, though that weird tim burtonesque design of Marie has some weird charm.
9DKLcLt.jpg

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Looks and sounds great, other than the mantis head. The UI looks unusually good.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Wishlisted. If it turns out to be decent I will
:d1p:
Thank you!

Also, a question, since the styling of the name of the game is somewhat similar to Blade Runner name style, is this a hint that the game will have some kind of connection or homage to it? Or is it just a coincidence?
More of a coincidence. The font was chosen primarily because it's a design by the polish poster artist Bronisław Zelek.

Oh so the release was moved to 2023
We're hoping the progress posts will keep you engaged until it's finally out.

Q
pleasantly surprised that you guys got a spot in Realms Deep presentation
Real happy about the inclusion and the audience reaction (even if there are some weirdos that somehow thought we're removing the inventory and making an Ultrakill clone, lol)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This Screenshot Saturday, we'll be taking a look at some new elements of polish added recently: new metal hit effects and an option for more "immersive" conversations.

notpl

Arbiter
I don't understand why anyone is complaining about the anniemay style unless they just dislike anniemay in general or something (in fact I think that's probably the exact reason why people have issues with it). The atmosphere and style of this game in general seems to have a very Japanese/anniemay style cyberpunk feel to it, and I imagine it takes a lot of inspiration from things like Ghost in the Shell. Personally I think the protagonist looks great and I'm glad they're not changing her design just because some people seem to have a bias against anniemay.

Also fuck this word filter.
The further you are down the social totem pole, the more desperate you are to assert your status about it. It is very, very important to RPG nerds that nobody confuse them with anime nerds.

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Looks looks very good. It reminds me of Neocron. It may be the green tint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom