Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Peripeteia is an upcoming Deus Ex-inspired immersive sim set in alternate history cyberpunk Poland

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ninth Exodus; Peripeteia

Back in June, a gentleman by the name of Shodanon joined our forum to tell us about an upcoming game he's been working on called Peripeteia. It's a first person RPG very obviously inspired by the original Deus Ex and set in an alternate history cyberpunk Poland. Also, it's got anime girls, because why not. Shodanon and his team (who call themselves Ninth Exodus) have been working on the game for a while and yesterday they released its first public demo, which is a good excuse to finally post about it. Here's the latest trailer and description from the game's Steam page:

Peripeteia is an upcoming first-person game mixing shooter, stealth and RPG mechanics, placing it within the elusive and ephemeral "immersive sim" genre, heavily inspired by the greats such as Deus Ex, expanding upon the formula with original ideas and an unexplored setting.

The story takes place in an alternate history cyberpunk Poland, in a post-soviet city full of corruption and opportunity, where nations, powerful factions and ideologies clash and where cybernetic supersoldiers look for mercenary work. You play as one of them, a young woman named Marie.

Within Peripeteia can be seen the dream of the immersive simulator genre, long laid to rest by an industry which had forgotten it. In this game you will be forced to use your wits, resourcefulness, and raw violent nature to complete tasks you may not even understand. Logic and a shrewd cunning mind will win you the day in this interactive and highly adaptive world. Well, unless you have a pistol and ammo for it.

Have you found yourself hungering for the raw sense of survival, accomplishment, and player choice long absent from this dark and belied industry? Then consider joining us in the lights of the Eastern Night with Peripeteia.​

The Peripeteia demo is only available on itch.io for now and will be released on Steam at a later date. It's apparently a bit janky as you might expect, but has some promising elements. For further details about the game, you may also wish to check out its official website.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cyberpunk Poland.

tenor.gif

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Its pretty uh 90sh I guess. Need to see further gameplay vids.

need fresh vids... these are stale.

Darkzone

Arcane
Cyberpunk Poland.

tenor.gif
Hey even i had to laugh about it. But it would be quite a sight of a Jan Paul II robot with a gatling gun.
Nevertheless Polaks should stick to their sabers, because there they are the best as Kubold is demonstrating:

Get the Demo on Steam!

Last edited:
It always annoys me when devs develop such intricate combat systems and then waste them on some arena/fighting game. They should make that shit easily integrated into larger games, and license it out, ffs.

Darkzone

Arcane
It always annoys me when devs develop such intricate combat systems and then waste them on some arena/fighting game. They should make that shit easily integrated into larger games, and license it out, ffs.
Kubold has made some demos / prototypes of games, but somehow it never came to finished product.

His main income source is making animations for games like TW3 or to sell them for Unreal and Unity. So if we push him he can finally make first the Hellish Quart (cutting of genitals with a saber?) Arena fighting game and then use the fighting system for a ARPG.

He won't have enough resources to develop a good aRPG. But, since everyone and their mother today uses one of like 2-3 engines (Unity, Unreal, Godot, etc), he should just make a combat module for them (reusing the same animations/controls/UI for each) that has his vanilla combat but also integrates with RPGs by letting third party developers modify the combat numbers via abilities/perks/etc. So they can license his combat engine, plug it into their Unity or Unreal, and modify to their liking with custom skills/perks/abilities that fine-tune it. That's the best approach for both parties (him and the RPG devs), because a single dev or even a small indie company cannot really make a quality aRPG today, while larger RPGs studios in most cases cannot design a good action combat system to save their life (see Skyrim, Two Worlds, Outward, ELEX, etc). A match made in heaven.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Wew. Finally some time to reply. A THOUSAND THANKS to everyone that checked out the demo, and big THANK YOU to Infinitron for featuring us in the news section. For those who missed it, the other thread about the game is here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-fps-rpg-set-in-anime-cyberpunk-poland.136074
Some good insights, bug reports and discussion there (and I'll reply to it next). We're currently preparing a hotfix that should resolve the most common issues and allow lower-end users to enjoy the game. We even made this little public trello for people on our Discord to check up on: https://trello.com/b/bYxHG7BK/peripeteia-bugfixes

Well it's got a cool name to start with.
Thanks, we follow the "use a literary term for your immersive sim title" school, like our greatest inspiration.

Finally some good shit on the front page.
Thanks man, really glad you like the game and really happy with all your feedback.

Looks very... potato.
And thats sort of the idea. We sort of want to be Brigand but with a bit less clunky controls. And for a small team od 3 people + contributors without a budget, low poly graphics in the style of late 90s/early 2000s are ideal. Not just us wanting to ape Deus Ex.
Only issue this causes is that the game looks potato but still uses Unity HDRP for some elaborate volumetrics and lighting that allows for most lights to be shot out (for that Thief sneakan), which is taxing on hardware. Hopefully the lower end users will be able to play the thing properly when we patch in the option to turn off volumetrics.

Uh... Interesting. Definitely worth of further investigations
Please give it a try and share your thoughts either here or on the oroginal thread.

Its pretty uh 90sh I guess. Need to see further gameplay vids.
these are stale.
here's the Steam trailer

and here is some gameplay that was streamed when the demo dropped:

They went in blind, so it was interesting for me to watch. And Boulder's shitposty bullet time fight in the lobby was real fun.
All bugs are on display too, I'll be fixing the damn elevator glitch today.

RSD also made these short tweets about the mechanics (thank you):

Looks a little like Syphon Filter
We were aiming for a PS1-like late 90s/early 2000s graphical fidelity, but the current version of the game is more PC-like.

I will follow this with interest. It looks like it could show some real promise.
We hope not to disappoint. That's why feedback is so crucial to us at this point.

Oh god the arms!
The model remake can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

prengle

Savant
Tags: Ninth Exodus; Peripeteia

Back in June, a gentleman by the name of Shodanon joined our forum to tell us about an upcoming game he's been working on called Peripeteia. It's a first person RPG very obviously inspired by the original Deus Ex and set in an alternate history cyberpunk Poland. Also, it's got anime girls,
but no gay anime furry femboys? hm... this one's a real thinker

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
and big THANK YOU to Infinitron for featuring us in the news section.

Words are not enough I'm afraid. You are supposed to give him keys in return, standard practice.

Looks a little like Syphon Filter
We were aiming for a PS1-like late 90s/early 2000s graphical fidelity, but the current version of the game is more PC-like.

Shoulda kept it. There is room in the market for such a game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom