Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Peripeteia now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ninth Exodus; Peripeteia

Another one of the games participating in Realms Deep this year is Peripeteia, the Deux Ex-inspired immersive sim set in alternate history cyberpunk Poland which we reported about last year. Shodanon and his team at Ninth Exodus have decided to seek additional funding for the game on Kickstarter, with the campaign launching today in tandem with the main Realms Deep showcase. The artfully written pitch should give you a good idea of the experience they're trying to evoke. The pitch video is just a repeat of the trailer they put together for Steam Next Fest back in June, though.

Peripeteia. Not merely a game, but a place. Immerse yourself in the newest Immersive Sim to be developed in the style of the classics.

Harkening back to Ion Storm and Looking Glass, as we offer you the chance to help be a part of; (and fund!) a dreamlike world in a future the past forgot.

You are Marie, a cybernetic agent born of the fallen old orders, turned mercenary for hire.

Become one with the ruins of a great and foreboding closed city. Inspired by the open level design, urban exploration and freedom of past Eastern European RPGs; yet blended with the complexity of System Shock 1 and 2.

You will explore, experiment, and execute your way through challenging and complex missions; requiring the use of your wits, skill and diplomacy to survive.

Welcome to Peripeteia.

Currently, Peripeteia is planned to launch on PC in 2022, and will be available via Steam. A playable demo of the game is currently available for you to download and enjoy.​

Ninth Exodus are aiming for a modest funding goal of 10,000, with further stretch goals already planned. Right now you can secure a copy of the game for just 12, with beta access available at €65. The estimated release date is September 2022.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hmm... moderately hype. Looks like a great game with all the things I like, but not sure if the English translation is up to snuff.

Peripeteia is the waking infinite memory of a place out of time.

Okay there buddy.

Rising from the grave of dead game dev forums, we have come here to ask for you to fund our game.

Oh shit, they're from the codex workshop!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I played the demo a few months ago and it had potential, but needed more work (mostly on optimization, as it ran like ass on my rig, and it only struggled with Pathologic 2 so far).

I do like the setting and the game was pretty fun, so if it works out and they release a better game, I'll buy it and play the living shit out of it.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Can we have a stretch goal (a real low one) to ensure that whatever the fuck that "music" was in the trailer is not in the game in any way shape or form?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Can we have a stretch goal (a real low one) to ensure that whatever the fuck that "music" was in the trailer is not in the game in any way shape or form?
someone needs to visit manieczki

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the player character looks seriously fucked up

it's like a cry of help from a dev on the verge of falling down the pit of autogynephilic transsexualism

Last edited:

SoupNazi

It's the closest you can get to a Deus Ex gameplay sequel since, well, Deus Ex came out. Including the graphics. Can't comment on the story and the protagonist is awful, but there's no game that even comes close to being as open and variable as this, including one of the things I love the most about Deus Ex: unexpected solutions. You can reach places the developers didn't expect you to by clever parkouring or stacking items, and you can also reach places you thought they wouldn't expect you to reach but then find out they did, or were at least aware of the possibility. Combat can be tough, but doable if you're clever so you're motivated to avoid it, but don't necessarily need to. Dunno how that ends up in the full game where you can presumably augment yourself for more combat readiness etc.

I seriously recommend everyone looks past the wonky visuals, the trailer music (in game music is much better) and the retarded looking protagonist, and at least play the demo. Last time I tried it, it was pretty buggy but charming and if you don't mind the bugs and try to sort of think about them as "bugs in the matrix" instead of developer incompetence, it's extremely fun.

The game is at a major risk of being unfinished in my opinion though, because the scope they're going for might be too much for a bunch of unpaid hobbyists. Maybe the kickstarter will help, but I'm not sure.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
G7z86t9.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The trailer's quality is abysmal.

If you want my money at least show me something interesting. Like potatoes.

But not this shit.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Hmm... moderately hype. Looks like a great game with all the things I like, but not sure if the English translation is up to snuff.
I need to clarify this from time to time: the game's written in English by natives, ones that watched too much anime, sure, but still natives. I agree we'll need an editor at some point but I'm proud of the work of my fellow devs. Hope you enjoy the demo!
Oh shit, they're from the codex workshop!
The thread got moved from there, RIP workshop.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...nime-cyberpunk-poland-kickstarter-live.136074

This is your brain on GitS and potatoes.
And Lain. The potatoes only in this form, of course
mlody-ziemniak-2011.jpg

Ohhhhhh, a boxed edition with a cassette tape?!!
Selecting the best tracks for the mixtape from our expansive OST will be a challenge.

Animu Deus Ex? Well, can't be worse than CyberSJW, right?
I admit there's jank in our game but the intention and ambition is not to be THAT jank on release.

I played the demo a few months ago and it had potential, but needed more work (mostly on optimization, as it ran like ass on my rig, and it only struggled with Pathologic 2 so far).
Word of advice: don't do projects in HDRP. Until now, we were sort of its hostages, but the first thing planned after the KS moving back to the default Unity renderer.
I do like the setting and the game was pretty fun, so if it works out and they release a better game, I'll buy it and play the living shit out of it.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the current demo. Hope we're on a trajectory towards a gud game.

"Junko Still Loves You" isn't in the game, if that is reassuring, but other amen break-heavy music from that artist is. The "Put in Ed Harrison's music" isn't too low, but I pray we can reach it, his stuff is great.

the player character looks seriously fucked up
Intentional.
it's like a cry of help from a dev on the verge of falling down the pit of autogynephilic transsexualism
Thank you for the diagnosis, just don't tell my wife

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the current demo. Hope we're on a trajectory towards a gud game.
It's been a while, but I liked the general atmosphere and music. I didn't really like how maps sometimes felt too huge for the amount of content available (although finding a sniper rifle on top of some building felt nice), and sometimes the image lacked clarity, making it harder to read the surroundings.

I can hardly comment on how combat feels, since performance made direct combat less than viable, so I had to walk around, observe enemies, and take them out one by one.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
It's the closest you can get to a Deus Ex gameplay sequel since, well, Deus Ex came out. Including the graphics. Can't comment on the story and the protagonist is awful, but there's no game that even comes close to being as open and variable as this, including one of the things I love the most about Deus Ex: unexpected solutions. You can reach places the developers didn't expect you to by clever parkouring or stacking items, and you can also reach places you thought they wouldn't expect you to reach but then find out they did, or were at least aware of the possibility..
We try, my dude. We really want to embrace the "let the players do what they want" approach, even if it's challenging on a technical level. Oh, and tell us about the places you have reached that we haven't thought of, because we gotta put something there now.
Combat can be tough, but doable if you're clever so you're motivated to avoid it, but don't necessarily need to. Dunno how that ends up in the full game where you can presumably augment yourself for more combat readiness etc.
I made the enemies a bit easier, but you'll still get lit up quickly if you bum rush them. Indeed I want to have proper combat augs beyond bullet time in the final game.
I seriously recommend everyone looks past the wonky visuals, the trailer music (in game music is much better) and the retarded looking protagonist, and at least play the demo. Last time I tried it, it was pretty buggy but charming and if you don't mind the bugs and try to sort of think about them as "bugs in the matrix" instead of developer incompetence, it's extremely fun.
Everyone, please do what he says.
The game is at a major risk of being unfinished in my opinion though, because the scope they're going for might be too much for a bunch of unpaid hobbyists. Maybe the kickstarter will help, but I'm not sure.
We all do share a vision and we promised each other that even if the kickstarter fails, we're gonna finish the game. The KS money will help make a better game, however, with more of a breathing room to fulfill our ambitions.

It's been a while, but I liked the general atmosphere and music. I didn't really like how maps sometimes felt too huge for the amount of content available (although finding a sniper rifle on top of some building felt nice), and sometimes the image lacked clarity, making it harder to read the surroundings.
I assume you played it before the Steam Fest then. If your experience with it is like mine, you were probably too busy to try other entries. The performance has improved since then, but if it still runs bad for you, wait for us to remove HDRP.
I can hardly comment on how combat feels, since performance made direct combat less than viable, so I had to walk around, observe enemies, and take them out one by one.
Which is a legitimate and smart way to play the game.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I assume you played it before the Steam Fest then.
Most likely, I'll double-check later.

Which is a legitimate and smart way to play the game.
I know, but I like to try as many approaches as possible to determine what can be done within the game. E.g. DX is fun for me as a stealth game, but I also like to play it in a Rainbow Six style by observing the area, making necessary preparations, and quickly popping everyone, leaving them with no time to figure out wtf happened. I think the same can be done here, but I'm unable to tell how viable it is at this point.

JDR13

Arcane
Demo isn't bad. The level deisgn and atmosphere are solid.

The physics look and feel kind of weird though when mvoing stuff like crates. My suggestion: instead of holding a button down to manipulate things, just make it a key to pick things up and put them down like in Deus Ex.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was dubious about backing this, but the dev's amusing and well considered responses have made me reconsider.

So fuck it, in for a penny and all that.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Demo isn't bad. The level deisgn and atmosphere are solid.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.
The physics look and feel kind of weird though when mvoing stuff like crates. My suggestion: instead of holding a button down to manipulate things, just make it a key to pick things up and put them down like in Deus Ex.
It isn't too clearly stated, just a bit in the description, but if you use the strength implant and pick up an object that's not too heavy to lift without it, you will grab the thing very firmly. I intend to tweak the physics interactions but couldn't find the right balance yet.

I was dubious about backing this, but the dev's amusing and well considered responses have made me reconsider.

So fuck it, in for a penny and all that.
We won't disappoint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom