Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Personal RPG blog

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Why do you play the modern crappy RPGs that get low ratings on 'dex (and some overall) but not some of the older ones that are considered one of the best? No old Fallouts, no Arcanum, no Prelude to Darkness, no Gothic, no Morrowind (but Oblivion and SKyrim)...

Fallout(1,2), Arcanum, Gothic(1,2,3) gave me many unforgettable memories.

I wouldnt recommend Morrowind despite strong lobby on Codex... it is boring and dumb like all Bethesda games.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why do you play the modern crappy RPGs that get low ratings on 'dex (and some overall) but not some of the older ones that are considered one of the best? No old Fallouts, no Arcanum, no Prelude to Darkness, no Gothic, no Morrowind (but Oblivion and SKyrim)...

Fallout(1,2), Arcanum, Gothic(1,2,3) gave me many unforgettable memories.

I wouldnt recommend Morrowind despite strong lobby on Codex... it is boring and dumb like all Bethesda games.

I agree, but I feel like Morrowind deserves a chance.. even if it is worse than the other games you listed, it's still Bethesda's one attempt at actually making a good game.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Looks like the dagger in that Titan Quest screenshot is using the overarm spear animations. You are Polish, right Kony? If you are, I recommend checking out a mod called Bellum Crucis for M2TW. It's the medieval equivalent of Europa Barbarorum with lots of flavor text and new campaign mechanics. It's an Italian mod but there is a Spanish translation and apparently a well done Polish submod for it.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm never sure if it's a good thing or not, but your list does prove just how varied the cRPG genre is. Of your large list of completed games, I myself have only completed 11 of those. And the vast majority of games I've played to completion and enjoyed you consider to be boring/crap/whatever while I look at your list and think the exact same thing. I've no doubt a jRPG cRPGer could come along and berate both of our choices and lament our avoidance of their favoured games, and the same would happen if an 80s/90s old schooler/Gold Boxer took a peek.

I mean no offence [which means I'm about to offend you, of course] but your list is remarkably similar to the kind of list many at RPGWatch get excited over. I would describe your list as classic Watch, if you like. Do you often find yourself being a minority opinion on a lot of threads here or do you find most codexers share your tastes?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So I recently finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

What can I say.. this game is probably one of the best examples of the modern "rpg." Shallow, uninteresting, unfinished.

I admit the gameplay had some enjoyable elements & moments, but nothing that would elevate this game's unlikable characters, incredibly stupid & uninteresting story and just general apathy above its sub-mediocre status.

I'm not sure what's worse, in fact, let's list this out as bullet points. Sort of spoilers although I'm trying to avoid them:

The fact that the game is blatantly unfinished and simply ends just as the player starts getting into the swing of things; feeling comfortable with not only their augmentations and weapons but the game itself. There are a few questionable choices that I feel highlights this. Early in the game you're tasked with solving a mystery; who did this particular heinous crime. You advance through this investigation but as far as I am aware it simply falls flat in the base game. Enter the dlc (which may be a preorder bonus?) A separate mission in which you find out who really did this horrible thing. Why do you have to play a dlc section which doesn't save your inventory & augmentation loadout when they could have put this shit in the main game?

There's also a point where Jensen is sent to a remote facility to investigate but oh no, they were waiting for him!!1. As far as the player is aware, only two people know about this mission so it's heavily implied one of the two is a bastard Illuminati-loving traitor. Satisfying conclusion? Nope. Never gets brought up again and he ends up dead in the last mission (off screen, mind you) because reasons.

The fact that the game's side quests are poorly implemented. It seems to me that the devs attempted to channel Witcher 3 with their sidequests, but the implementation is certainly lacking. The player normally has to travel through anywhere from around four to six metro loading screens to get to their objectives. These objectives usually result in chatting to boring characters that drone on and drone about absolutely fuck all for far too long. If you're lucky, you'll get a self-contained "Look Ma! I can do Deus Ex, too!" level in which you can approach objectives in a few ways: a vent, a breakable wall, sneaking past everybody by way of myriad scattered boxes, or shooting everyone in the face.

The fact that the game's main quests clash with the game's side quests. Main missions in this game are essentially go forth and either sneak or kill your way through them. A few have the boss conversations featured in the previous game but the majority of these are found in side quests. I'm stealing my point about this from Errant Signal, I belive it was, but he worded something that was bothering me so I don't feel too remiss doing this. In essence, the side quests are where the roleplaying and the "choices" happen and the main quests are where you either shoot or sneak and people go "hurr, nice sneaking/shooting brah."

Above all, this game just radiates apathy. Unfinished story, plot lines left hanging, boring & uninteresting characters, choice and "consequence" where the consequence goes out the window not even hours later. I don't think the devs cared at all. Another sequel to churn out to get those popamole bux, fuck creativity, fuck engaging gameplay systems, just whatever. A real sad state of affairs.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

The fact that the game's side quests are poorly implemented. It seems to me that the devs attempted to channel Witcher 3 with their sidequests, but the implementation is certainly lacking. The player normally has to travel through anywhere from around four to six metro loading screens to get to their objectives. These objectives usually result in chatting to boring characters that drone on and drone about absolutely fuck all for far too long.

Really? That's one thing I've heard pretty much everyone praise the game for saying things along the line "best sidequests ever, better than Witcher 3 even" even if they didn't sing praises about anything else in the game.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron

The fact that the game's side quests are poorly implemented. It seems to me that the devs attempted to channel Witcher 3 with their sidequests, but the implementation is certainly lacking. The player normally has to travel through anywhere from around four to six metro loading screens to get to their objectives. These objectives usually result in chatting to boring characters that drone on and drone about absolutely fuck all for far too long.

Really? That's one thing I've heard pretty much everyone praise the game for saying things along the line "best sidequests ever, better than Witcher 3 even" even if they didn't sing praises about anything else in the game.

Oh really? Hm, I hadn't heard that but I have to disagree. I really liked the Witcher 3 sidequests as the quest givers themselves were actually interesting enough and not a chore to talk to.

Quest givers in NuDX2 tend to drone on way too much for my liking. I remember liking one side quest which was a crime scene investigation type thing, but even then it wasn't perfect.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
"best sidequests ever, better than Witcher 3 even"

chucky-laugh.gif

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Oh really? Hm, I hadn't heard that but I have to disagree. I really liked the Witcher 3 sidequests as the quest givers themselves were actually interesting enough and not a chore to talk to.

Quest givers in NuDX2 tend to drone on way too much for my liking. I remember liking one side quest which was a crime scene investigation type thing, but even then it wasn't perfect.

Truth be told I think there's a lot of babby's first environmental storytelling going on and public opinion shifting from big open worlds to smaller areas.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I also tried Avernum: Escape from the Pit, but the writing was stupid
Wut?
Does he changed writing since Exile?
and other than that it was also combat focused game. The only combat focused RPG I could play in recent years was D:OS, but it had really good and unique combat, Avernum and Underrail is same old stuff I've played dozens of times already, meh.
Again wut.
Exile is excellent game, both for combatfag and explorefag.
It had a lot of complexity in combat (mostly by use of spells) that apparently was removed in Avernum and that new remake.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just found out about Pool of Radiance. I should play it one day. I'd play it this month, but it has almost finished and after the nearest weekend I might not have enough time to waste lots of it on games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Completed Torment: Tides of Numanuma a few days ago. It was alright for what it was. I expected it to be bad, turned out it was average, so I got pleasantly surprised, and since I craved for some RPG I even completed it (late parts of the game are utter crap though). Overall, solid 5/10. Would not play again.

gRu4m9b.jpg

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
And some time earlier I have completed Presursors, a decent open world RPG.

Here's what I wrote about it in another topic:

It's a very good mix of RPG and FPS, with lots of exploration.

It has one of the most open worlds ever, or actually, multiple worlds, because you can travel between them in space, something I've never seen before (kind of like X series mixed with a role-playing game). I must say, that the game is a bit flawed - requires installation of unofficial Wesp's patch (otherwise enjoy watching movies in bolshevik), the space part is average at best and a bit dull (fortunately, it can be rushed through), and the writing is just okay (with mispellings too), but despite these flaws the game is a blast to play for those who love open-world role-playing games - it has many different areas. You can explore six planets in total, fortunately there are enough land vehicles (or mountable animals) so you don't have to walk vast territories. You can sink in the multiplicity of sub-quests, the game always gives you many things to do at the same time, and the gameplay itself is quite fun too - the combat system is basically a first-person shooter that is a mix of arcade and realism - the action is very fast, but both you and your enemies die very quickly. The faction system and choices whom to help will also add to the role-playing element. I'd recommend it for all those who enjoy open-world games, both role-playing ones, and shooters. Just apply the unofficial patch.

Some more screenshots:

BE2B25E73637C5666D704F1562E73EB4814FE992

DA62B7C59049465019201EC62EC16967AF195D12

41FAF745618F955C8B23C2C65CAA64DD5663B5A6

6BE98515AB423A74C20368393737DD73B3FC34F0

0BCCA7FBB0A387BBFB120CC6DAAA608CC0B969E6

E120381E2E63FEEE051EBEC4663EF98B0F26594C

77D770A64D41FBE8A5D5EFC779F7B8CAF6040BB9

C3369A70CE0EAB0258C51E49D5E6B7B8B2396BC4

6CF61D5C327D40DEBDEACAFA57B989C88E73C1F3

725CE845646C54F651931579D3C64346909493ED

BBF8E3EEE1086CA3146BA4E400B505156905585F

C5BD47EFCC1A49990DB846B7FCBA142D47263036

2195083A30A3E03347D44E2D0C45B9764253EB13

AF35B514BBB81007F9064E5EC00196C4A2E6F46C

DA5F922CA5E3BD8A9B0584990F683A4C1E07671C

8D0BE8BA62EB8D9D06FCB1B2AFDE7D216EB06864

11FA4F5001E4B1A78213C952F29E67BD9B674F0E

8F8D74C53BA660102604D8AC84F5A08590F2955B

Konjad

Patron
Some time ago I also completed Cargo! - The quest for gravity, I wrote a short review for Codex, but I can't find it anymore (was it deleted by infinitron?), luckily I also kept a copy, so here it goes:

Cargo+The+Quest+For+Gravityxx.jpg

I have already covered in my quickies two out of four Ice-Pick Lodge’s games – a depressing story of an epidemic outbreak in Pathologic, and a dark yet wonderful world of The Void. In this quickie I shall describe their third game called “Cargo! The quest for gravity” – the only game by IPL that cannot be described as gloomy, dark and hostile. Quite the opposite, actually, as Cargo! is a very colorful game.

69P1JXU.jpg

The game begins with an intro where a crew of two flies over an island in a hot air balloon. The island is their destination, however, they do not land, but crash instead. One of the crew members – a woman – is the player’s character throughout the game. After the intro, the little naked midgets talk to the player using rhymes. The player is supposed to go around and kick the midgets for “FUN”, after which they often explode in colors. Soon afterwards, three machine God-heads speak explaining that the world is destroyed and must be rebuilt by reconnecting various flying around parts of it, which the player can do with paying with the collected FUN. Collecting FUN does is not limited to running around and kicking midgets, fortunately. Among other things, you can attack them to your vehicle and give them a ride or leave on the ground a tune for them to dance around. The main activity of the player is completing various quests he is given – from saving drowning midgets through racing against them to maneuvering a tornado. To complete them one must build different vehicles. Some quests are not obvious and I had to scratch my head coming up with ideas what developers could possibly want me to do at this particular stage of the game. One quest I even completed randomly without knowing what to do until I accidentally did it. Note, however, that it’s not because quests in Cargo! are too difficult – they are banal – but they are often too random! Sometimes the player is not provided with a clear description what he must do and what is expected of him is to perform an action that was neither encountered before nor one that uses common sense.

Building vehicles is the focus of the game, however, it is very undeveloped. To build a vehicle, first it is needed to find a base of it, then gather parts – either by finding them around the map or buying them with FUN. You can build your own vehicles, and you are free to customize existing ones, which you get from finding blueprints. Interestingly, during the game the player will make land and flying vehicles as well as submarines. The game always provides you with a working blueprint of what you need though, so it is not Kerbal Space Program by any means – assembling a vehicle you need is just a few clicks at best, customizing them or coming up with your own ideas is redundant. I have to add that this game is arcade and nor vehicles nor anything else behaves like it would in real life, so don’t expect any kind of simulation from it. Once you build a necessary vehicle you may complete a quest. There’s only a handful of quests and the game is only few hours long. After each quest there’s a lot of colorful sparks flying around and a sound of clapping so the player can feel awesome.

Ha0IjfT.jpg

I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t use the least appropriate vehicle to finish a quest :shittydog:

The gameworld is exceptionally tiny. It’s just one location which can be flied through in a matter of one minute. At least there’s also an underwater part, but it doesn’t add much. Cargo!’s world is the smallest I have ever seen in a video game and I don’t think it even has any competition in this regard. When you fly too far away you are presented with a message telling you to turn back and if you don’t the game will teleport you back. At least not to make the location too boring the game is divided into four different seasons: Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer, which make the world look quite different.

While the graphics are very nice and the game is quite pretty, the sounds are very basic and voice overs are terrible. I did not want to listen to them anymore after a short time and just read the text and skipped listening to them. What’s worse the quality of writing is equal to voice overs – it’s so bad that the sole reason why I read it was only for the purpose of letting you know in this quickie how bad it is – it’s atrocious! Not only it barely makes sense, but also it’s just simply dumb and tries hard to be funny but fails at it terribly. Music is not much better either and it didn’t annoy me only because the game is so short that I barely begun to play it when I have already finished it through the end… actually not quite. I did not manage to complete the last quest available in the game because of a game-breaking bug, even though I did not encounter any bugs before. I only watched a walkthrough of this quest and outro on the Internet. This means, however, that the bug does not affect everyone and I had happen to have been just unlucky. In addition to the story mode there is also a sandbox mode, but because of a tiny gameworld and arcade physics it does not really provide any pleasure nor will it allow you to come up with crazy ideas for vehicles as there aren’t that many parts to build with anyway. The game has two endings, which depend on the player’s performance in saving naked midgets.

There isn’t much more to the game, so this quickie has to be very short if I am not to artifically lengthen it. Cargo! The quest for gravity is a game that doesn’t really have anything amusing to offer and can be completed in just six hours. Although the game tells the player to do a lot of things for FUN, there isn’t much fun in it. I can’t really recommend it to anyone as the only interesting point of this game, perhaps besides its weirdness, is building vehicles, but since it’s so simplified and undemanding it’s hardly a reason to play Cargo!. There’s at least one game that does it much better and can be played much longer than what Ice-Pick Lodge presented to us.

RVEa6eN.jpg

oVZ0mtE.jpg

TL;DR: meh

Looks like it was pulled out of Steam.

Konjad

Patron
#note to self

During next summer holidays, if job allows, (re)play some of the following titles:

Prelude to Darkness (will be the third playthrough)
Tension (will be the fifth playthrough)
Arcanum (will be the third playthrough)
Gothic 1 & 2 (whichever playthrough it could be... fifth?)
Neverwinter Nights mod Diabeł w Kamieniu (never finished before, give priority)
Gorky 17 (will be the third playthrough)
Dungeon Siege (never finished before)
Ultima mods to Dungeon Siege
Sacred (second playthrough)
Soulbringer (never finished, give priority)
Dwarf Fortress (make amazing fortress, cat farms, and elf catapults) *
Space Hulk: Ascension (not played before, give priority)
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

0bcb0e.png

Games to buy & play:
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Europa Universalis IV and Mandate of Heaven add-on

Titles to anticipate:
Divinity OS 2
Pathologic Remake

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Gotta add ELEX to the titles to play, of course.

Tried to play Soulbringer again, but it crashes way too often. Dammit, it's annoying, because it's a decent game. In comparison even Prelude to Darkness seems like a perfectly stable game.

Konjad

Patron
Oh, and I replayed Pathologic too. Good game, but too much walking.

Konjad

Patron
Almost finished Crusaders of Might and Magic, but the late game is boring, so I'm uncertain if I want to play until the end.

Next on the list are tale of wuxia games, blade of darkness, darklands, maybe ultima underworld games and dragon's dogma. I might also replay prelude to darkness, arcanum, the void, morrowind or bloodlines, I don't know yet.

Some day I will also play Kingdom Come, but I need a better hardware for that.

Konjad

Patron
Time flies so fast, especially once you start living with a girlfriend. I can't believe I did not update this thread for one year and a half!

In the meantime I have completed four more RPGs:

Sacred
The best hack'n slash game I have ever played. I enjoyed it a lot, even though I don't like this genre much. Exploring the world and collecting new equipment gave me a lot of pleasure and I felt free to go wherever and whenever I wanted on the open map without any limits.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Thankfully there is no more boss fights like in the previous game, which pissed me off enormously, and now the game feels like a proper game finally, without annoying mini-games.

The story is fairly interesting and even captivating at times, the environment looks great. Although a large part of the game happens outside the areas are tiny. The game allows for a bloodless play-through, which is a really nice thing for people who actually don't play RPGs to murder and kill.

+ decent story
+ interesting dialogues
+ the game rewards avoiding violence!
+ some choices & consequences
+ no stupid mini-games
+ piss-filter from Deus Ex 3 is no longer present, the game world looks more natural

- no captivating characters, although they are alright
- tiny areas
- short (took me 16h to finish with most side quests)
- gunplay is average
- different approaches to objectives sometimes possible, but usually very limited

If you enjoyed Deus Ex 3, then you will enjoy Deus Ex 4, which happens to be even better than the previous game, albeit also shorter. If you never played modern Deus Exes, then I'd say go with 3 first as 4 is a continuation of the story. Overall, Deus Ex 4 is worth getting on a sale, and for the really cheap price it recently hits during Steam sales I'd say it's a recommended purchase. It's short, but if you don't pay too much you can enjoy it pretty well while it lasts.

Mars: War Logs
For a -75% discount price it hits on Steam sales I recommend it to get for the time when you have no other RPG to play or just for one weekend at home.

It's average, but definitely playable. Has an interesting setting as well, but you don't get to find out much about it and the game is just 8 hours long.

+ interesting setting
+ gloomy and atmospheric music
+ somewhat intriguing story at times

= voice acting is meh, but you get used to it

- dialogues are often silly
- maps are just tiny corridors
- UI straight from a console
- short (8h long)

and of course:
The game that needs no introduction:
z5d8b74e6c967e.gif

I have also played and abandoned my walkthrough of the following games:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - got a game-breaking bug, but already lost interest in it. I expected the game to be somewhat more engaging.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Boredomfest after the Fort. Plot seemed uninteresting, side quests were just fillers and the map was not really made for open exploration
Sacred 2 - why was it even made?

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Games to play next (in random order):

1. Titan Outpost
2. Theseus: Journey to Athens
3. Survivalist
4. Tale of Wuxia
5. Kenshi
6. Pathfinder Kingmaker

Awaiting full release of:

1. Caves of Qud
2. Empire of Sin
3. Sigil
4. M&B Bannerlord
5. Encased
6. Bloodlines 2

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Since I see it is not only RPG there, can you add (they are not necessarily good, except the last one which is a masterpiece) but they are interesting,

I am not a monster (Tactical game, sometimes boring as f**k, sometimes masterpiece)
Eastshade (Oblivion without guns. Or combat of any sort. Real RPG, surprisingly interesting to play)
DEX (2D cyberpunk RPG)
Ride Like The Wind, the new King of The Dragon Pass)
Renowned Explorers (did I say it was a masterpiece ? That’s all there is to say)

Konjad

Patron
Not related solely to RPGs, but I have finally took the time to sort games in my Steam library. It took quite a long while to do it. I've found out even some games I've bought and never ended up playing that do look interesting, and other that seem interesting but were in some bundle and I never gave them a try. Doing it I realized that instead of waiting for new games and looking on stores for some old obscure ones all I need is just to look at my own Steam library and see what I haven't played yet.

7rNqdoN.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Have you yet played Jagged Alliance 2 and Silent Storm?

I see that you rank Morrowind and its expansions above the likes of ToEE, Icewind Dale and IWD2.

Mmm...

Konjad

Patron
Have you yet played Jagged Alliance 2 and Silent Storm?

I see that you rank Morrowind and its expansions above the likes of ToEE, Icewind Dale and IWD2.

Mmm...
I played JA2.

Recently I've also completed Cyberpunk 2077 ( :5/5::0/5:, I remove CDPR from my list of interest, CP was just a mediocre shooter), Two Worlds II: Call of Tenebrae ( :4/5::0/5:) and Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry ( :5/5::3/5:). Before that I've also played through 嗜血印 (:5/5::2/5:), though it's hack'n slash, but since I added Diablo to my list, might as well this.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Added to finished:

CarsFuckingDragons :5/5::1/5:
Gameplay is typical RPGMaker trash, but writing is a hilariously bad creation of a madman, worth playing just for that. Especially considering the low price and the fact that the game allows you to skip all the random encounter trash if you wish so, letting you focus on the astounding script!

Geneforge:4/5::0/5:
Fairly interesting setting, intriguing story, true open world (basically no quests you *have to* do, but plenty of major plot points and tasks), interesting factions and enjoyable exploration... but all overshadowed by inane amounts of trash mobs you have to go through in 90% of areas every few meters to the point it's infuriating and kills the joy. Especially considering that the combat is extremely shallow. Challenging encounters are important in such games, but if the fighting system itself is so simplistic, superficial and boring they can't carry the game on their own.

There are also bugs that seem to have never been fixed - nothing game breaking but rather hilarious. Such as you enter a faction's town and a text event appears in which angry villagers put down their weapons and let you in, but after you click "OK" in-game they attack you anyway (which removed an option to side with one of the factions for me). Or when you meet a guy who doesn't speak your language so you both can't communicate, but if you attack him then suddenly he starts talking aplenty in your language and continues to throughout the fight.

I can't recommend it to anybody who doesn't already know if they want to play it and don't mind excessive amount of oversimplified combat, and I don't think I will ever bother with the next 4 entries in the series.

Enderal: Forgotten Stories:5/5::1/5:
It's alright. Interesting world, although a bit under-explored, I especially wished for more quests in the undercity. The story is okay, but nothing great. Nonetheless, Enderal is in every way better than the "original" Skyrim though, so if you already have TES V I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Added to abandoned:
Pathfinder Kingmaker :2/5::0/5:
Writing is terrible, I cringed every dialogue, and I'm a guy who was okay with DOS writing... gameplay isn't really anything you haven't seen before either and couldn't carry it at all

TES V: Skyrim:3/5::0/5:
As generic, average and soulless as it's only possible. I totally don't get the hype. Daggerfall had interesting technology of auto-generating world/quests, Morrowind had immersive atmosphere, Oblivion was disappointing but had some interesting quest here and there. Skyrim? It has no positives at all.

The most uninteresting story, the most mundane quests, the very limited character progression and skills, completely irrelevant inventory, not a single NPC that I can remember... total trash.

Also replayed Planescape Torment.

Currently playing:
Chronicles of Myrtana

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
How the fuck have you made it through....
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oblivion + expansions
  • Neverwinter Nights 2
  • Risen 3
  • Two Worlds
  • Two Worlds 2
.......yet abandoned Escape From The Pit and Underrail?!?

Konjad

Patron
Finished The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos :5/5::4/5:

GotY 2021

The best Gothic since NotR. Has the feeling and gameplay of good old Gothic 2. I'm also positively suprised by the quality of the dubbing, attention to details, improvement over original mechanics, and so on. I haven't played such a good RPG for I don't know how many years...

Konjad

Patron
Decided to replay entire Risen series and write my retrospective on them. If dex allows as an official article, if not then I'll post it somewhere on forums.

Konjad

Patron
Maybe I shhould write one about Archolos too? Hmm... but I think I need to complete it twice first.

Modron

Arcane
Ooph Risen 2. Three was a step back in a better direction just no one would play it after the second game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom