Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

phpBB News Script

[wr] Agent

Novice
Hello,

Awesome site and forums.

I have been searching for over 6 months now for a phpBB news script to use on my gaming clan's website, and you seem to be the only ones who have this script made, working, and in use.

I have attempted to write my own, however have only been able to include raw text, no css, hyperlinks, images, or bb code.

Would you mind giving me a copy of this news script that you've made?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
There are actually dozens of implimentations of such news scripts. I know of three sites with three different scripts that do this. There's Duck and Cover, this one, and No Mutants Allowed.

Calis will probably chime in on this, he's the one who wrote the script and could hand it out, but in the meantime, you could try No Mutants Allowed since I think Odin downloaded his script from somewhere.

Calis

Pensionado
Like I said on Terra Arcanum, I can send you the code that enters posts into phpBB, but you wouldn't want to use the complete thing as it's a thrown-together pile of code. Might as well use the script that you were working on, or use phpBBPortal or whatever that was called.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom