Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
RPG writing in a nutshell, courtesy of Obsidian's ~narrative designers~:
WKEbBCU.png

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
"I hate how this program gives me different options to turn on and off as I please!!!!!!"

"I don't like the direction in which your game is going. Please give me a lot of options to turn it into a shadow of a completely different game than you intended it to be, and that you never tested or balanced properly, so I'll have something to bitch about on Urrpeegeekodex 10 years from now"

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"I hate how this program gives me different options to turn on and off as I please!!!!!!"

"I don't like the direction in which your game is going. Please give me a lot of options to turn it into a shadow of a completely different game than you intended it to be, and that you never tested or balanced properly, so I'll have something to bitch about on Urrpeegeekodex 10 years from now"

Feels like a fantastic leap from hide/show 'font ligatures' to this.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

Feels like a fantastic leap from hide/show 'font ligatures' to this.

Because 'hide ligatures' is the tip of the iceberg, not the body.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
ok buddy, have fun in your little treehouse fighting the evil ligatures

can we just have an option to see all the different ending slides there are, I don't really have an interest in the game you're designing there but I fucking love buying games

Fucking ligatures!!! I hate them!!!! And I also hate having the option to remove them!!!!!

People like you should be given options to turn NPC's into signposts, monsters into My Little Ponies and weapons into bananas. Yo dawg, I herd u like Gorillas, so we put some Gorillas in your RPG so you can chimp out while you sperg out.

Options are good, therefore the more options there are, the gooderer. They should also give you the option to increase walking speed x1000 and turn on God mode. Back in the days you had to look for exploits and glitches to do a speedrun, what a hassle. Those streaming dollars don't just walk in by themselves. And at the RPG Kodex, we fucking love options. They make you feel like you've been playing the game when in fact you've been playing with a combination of things and rules that never even passed QA. Nothing makes for a better reason to rant about a game's lack of coherent vision and retard design than a game in which everything is optional and the designers obviously didn't give fuckall about vision and design by giving people exactly what they want. Options.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For those who are interested: I've put all my mods together into just one mod. I plan to update regularly with new items every day.

TT1 Unique Items

For those who are not interested: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tigranes

Arcane
TT1 Do you have a full list of added items? The images just have the 'joke' items and the Codex homage

2house2fly

Magister

can we just have an option to see all the different ending slides there are, I don't really have an interest in the game you're designing there but I fucking love buying games

Fucking ligatures!!! I hate them!!!! And I also hate having the option to remove them!!!!!

People like you should be given options to turn NPC's into signposts, monsters into My Little Ponies and weapons into bananas. Yo dawg, I herd u like Gorillas, so we put some Gorillas in your RPG so you can chimp out while you sperg out.

Options are good, therefore the more options there are, the gooderer. They should also give you the option to increase walking speed x1000 and turn on God mode. Back in the days you had to look for exploits and glitches to do a speedrun, what a hassle. Those streaming dollars don't just walk in by themselves. And at the RPG Kodex, we fucking love options. They make you feel like you've been playing the game when in fact you've been playing with a combination of things and rules that never even passed QA. Nothing makes for a better reason to rant about a game's lack of coherent vision and retard design than a game in which everything is optional and the designers obviously didn't give fuckall about vision and design by giving people exactly what they want. Options.
You seem extremely upset.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
TT1 Do you have a full list of added items? The images just have the 'joke' items and the Codex homage

There are three items on Nexus right now and I have more three to finish and upload today:

- Skaen's Kiss (dagger)
- The Codex (trinket)
- Helm of Ultimate Balance (helm)

To upload:

- Nightshade (dagger)
- Cutthroat (dagger)
- Corpse Breeder (hunt bow)

I will upload today some recipes do enchant/ upgrade Skaen's Kiss too.

I will try to make 3 of each weapon type and some funny trinkets.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

You seem extremely upset.

You feel that's worth mentioning in this place?

I'm in fact not. Games are as shit as we allow them to be by continuing to buy them. Every now and then someone singles out an entire company as a focus for their scorn, and refuses to buy any of their games even if some of them should turn out well. But that's really as far as self constraint on the Kodex goes in this regard. Hell, I'm no different in that regard. Offerings in the genre we love are too rare for that kind of thing.

But maybe at least stop outright pressuring people during development to make things you don't like optional. That way madness lies.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
"That way madness lies." says the nutter as he concludes his rant about the optionality of font ligatures

:deathclaw:

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
"That way madness lies." says the nutter as he concludes his rant about the optionality of font ligatures

:deathclaw:

You deluded fucks can't see the madness inherent in being allowed to tailor the fucking writing of a game to your liking because you've gone so far down that road you're calling lunacy your home. Muh options, gibs me.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, next time (there probably won't be a next time, though) we'll tell Obs to specifically remove the options for ligatures and they'll be on by default.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Ok, next time (there probably won't be a next time, though) we'll tell Obs to specifically remove the options for ligatures and they'll be on by default.

mebbe people should stop reflexively responding to every feature revealed during development by saying 'I sure hope that's gonna be optional'. I fucking swear, you can predict such a post to be among the first replies in any dev thread.

You deluded fucks can't see the madness inherent in being allowed to tailor the fucking writing of a game to your liking

what the fuck are you talking about you crazy bastard

ligatures are part of the writing. It's not the same as an option to change font size. They actually spent time on coming up with that shit, probably including fucking proofreading. But hey, who even cares about going in any sensible direction, you can always just turn shit off.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ligatures are part of the writing. It's not the same as an option to change font size. They actually spent time on coming up with that shit, probably including fucking proofreading

holy shit are you fucking dumb :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom