Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Come see the pandering inherent in the system

Sasha and I are very affectionate with each other and someone at the booth asked if we were married, so we decided we are. Hot elf babes.

10616608_757784680951537_511221235_n.jpg

Fucking duck faces, why are adult women doing that

And yes this is an intentional callback.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Only one Godlike? I wonder if it will be a traumatized/angry person, due all the prejudice towards Godlikes...

Some of her dialogue was already linked:

http://www.upload.ee/files/4238418/companion_cv_pallegina_voice_set_0048.ogg.html

You can hear a hint of repressed trauma around 0:04.
That line is ridiculous even for a fantasy world called Eora...

Take a good listen to some of the barks in the IE games sometime.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The list of companions is also in the game files, though I'm not sure if there's any value to it:

Kana Rua, male aumaua chanter
Sagani, female dwarf ranger
Aloth, male elf wizard
The Grieving Mother, female cipher
Pallegina, female godlike paladin
Eder, male human rogue
Durance, male fighter
Hiravias, male orlan priest

Yo where did you find that list? (where exactly in the game files). There's textures for characters other than that as well. I know where you can get the names, but not the sex/race/class combos

Aloth's portrait is female, and there's textures and a portrait for "Devil of Caroc". Durance appears to be a human as per his textures as well

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yo where did you find that list?

Just copied from SA. As for Aloth, he was announced that way too - maybe just a misleading portrait? That other dude is probably the 9th companion and missing class.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I think the idea of booth girls would work a lot better if you got actual hot girls and then didn't dress them up like retards. This is one thing that clubs and lounges get right - hot girls in short skirts/tight dresses sell more beer, and I'm sure they'd sell more games than that girl with the elf ears.

Anyways while I'm trying to ignore most of the negativity of this thread, one thing that does have me really concerned is the current engagement mechanics and class roles. They really need to rebalance guns and the engagement mechanics because its really boring if combat dictates the 1 man forward, 5 back system as always being the most effective. It seems the first step to doing this is really nerfing guns. The next step is going to be finding a way to make it more beneficial to risk bringing your intermediary classes into melee more often (paladin, ranger, rogue, cipher) to encourage both types of gameplay.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'd assume after these conventions are over, a few weeks.

Still waiting for that, so I can try out the combat more and see what I think.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yo where did you find that list?

Just copied from SA. As for Aloth, he was announced that way too - maybe just a misleading portrait? That other dude is probably the 9th companion and missing class.

Textures and a portrait was done for the Devil of Caroc, who looks a little bit like C3-P0, global variables lists confirmed companions: Aloth, Sagani, Pallegina, Eder and Hiravias

Conversations confirm: Kana Rua and The Grieving Mother

Will do some more digging.

edit:
Can't find any hard evidence that Durance is a companion - but he probably is. There's no reference to him being a companion in the global variables or any of the conversation files.

This is a female right?

Aloth.png
aloth_2.png

As for Caroc

caroc.png
caroc_2.png

And there is texture work that matches the portrait with the head lines and everything.

Last edited:

Mystary!

Arcane
I'd say that the eyes and cheekbones are merely elven - which are inherently feminine, but not enough to be strictly female.

Sensuki

Arcane
Can someone do me a favor and ask Josh on Twitter for the PE Recovery time formula. I *think* armor is multiplicative but I want to get the 100% - ie. (Recovery time * armor speed) and I'm not sure when other bonuses are added.

Could be (Base Recovery * Armor Speed) + (Weapon style + Miscellaneous), but that's just a guess

I need this answer for my next suggestion thread

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom