Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity guidebook

Saxon1974

Prophet
So I got this off Amazon. Did anyone else read it and does it give spoilers? Its gives lots of world lore and stuff on cultures, peoples, places etc...

I have heard the game is wordy in the lore department, so hopefully the game doesn't regurgitate the same stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16165...f+eternity&dpPl=1&dpID=51oAWO2FR6L&ref=plSrch

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I got this off Amazon. Did anyone else read it and does it give spoilers? Its gives lots of world lore and stuff on cultures, peoples, places etc...

I have heard the game is wordy in the lore department, so hopefully the game doesn't regurgitate the same stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16165...f+eternity&dpPl=1&dpID=51oAWO2FR6L&ref=plSrch

This book is included in a PDF with my version of the game, in the "CollectorsBook" directory. You might want to check if you don't have it already too.

There's lot of stuff in there that isn't in the game at all, or sometimes just mentioned very obliquely. Nothing I'd call a spoiler.

Morkar Left

It's basically like a PnP Campaign book, just without rules and only fluff. It reminded me a lot of Kingdoms of Kalamar from D20 (thinner ofc). Pretty cool if you like reading about countries and cultures that never existed (which I do).

Saxon1974

Prophet
This book is included in a PDF with my version of the game, in the "CollectorsBook" directory. You might want to check if you don't have it already too.

There's lot of stuff in there that isn't in the game at all, or sometimes just mentioned very obliquely. Nothing I'd call a spoiler.
Interesting I'll take a look. If its just background world lore and not stuff that will be said again constantly in game then I'll keep reading, thanks. Nice quality book for 16$ in amazon.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Started reading the Ratcatcher story. So far very average. From what I see most find Sagani a rather annoying companion. Still I want to read them to get into the story of the game.

MCA writing a novel for this or was that WL2?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Read the other short stories...I liked Blood Register and the Eder story. Of the two Carrie Patel stories I didn't really care for either but the Aloth one is better than Ratcatcher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom