Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #49: Patch 1.1

Bohr

Arcane
meanwhile KCD gets a pretty major 1.5 patch + video from Vavra talking about the game, its reception and future KCD content and no news.

To be fair, almost no one cares about KCD anymore:

WCCFkingdomcome3.jpg

Another view :shittydog:

hxUA1j1P_o.png

Drowed

Arcane
But this isn't another view, it's exactly as expected, isn't it? I mean, Pillars is an "indie" RTWP game which is only really interesting for niche groups like the Dex. If anything surprises us in this graph, it's that it reached a peak higher than what was expected. KCD is basically a mainstream action open-world RPG that has a great focus on graphics. It's curve of interest would (or should) be more comparable to other similar games.

Bohr

Arcane
Sure, different games and expectations, but that was just in response to "To be fair, almost no one cares about KCD anymore" illustrated by player counts, as the current player counts are pretty similar. But KCD came out earlier so I'm not necessarily saying it's of more interest to the Codex right now.

I disagree that the Pillars 2 graph reached a 'peak higher than expected' though as compared to PoE it was disappointing to many here, and spawned all the 'sequel fatigue' and other theories in the sales analysis threads.

Drowed

Arcane
Sure, different games and expectations, but that was just in response to "To be fair, almost no one cares about KCD anymore" illustrated by player counts, as the current player counts are pretty similar. But KCD came out earlier so I'm not necessarily saying it's of more interest to the Codex right now.

My point was more along the line of "if even the mainstream no longer cares about KCD, what can we expect here?" For better or for worse, Pillars has always had a captive audience here, but the same cannot be said about games like KCD. I mean, unless we're talking about a Witcher 3 or something. Fallout 76 also didn't get any news in the front page afaik.

Heretic

Cipher
meanwhile KCD gets a pretty major 1.5 patch + video from Vavra talking about the game, its reception and future KCD content and no news.

To be fair, almost no one cares about KCD anymore:

WCCFkingdomcome3.jpg
I finished KCD, enjoyed it very much and uninstalled. That doesn't mean I don't care about it, quite the opposite. I'm interested in new updates and patches.
Codex could still spare an article or two for example about the latest patch and the post-release support roadmap.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
waow, look at that, PoE2 gets a minor patch and immediately a news thread shows up

Shit game.

You think this is bad? Disco Elysium has been completely ignored by our news jew on this page even with dozen of articles about people playing it showed up on different gaming sites.

But it does not matter, PoE2 sales are terrible, these games he ignores will all have better sales and justice will be served.

Lack of news about Disco Elysium is definitely damning.

What's up with this Infinitron?

Sentinel

Arcane

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
CNN - Codex News Network, your place for every gossip, rumour and hearsay of anything that happens in Urquhart dynasty's Obsidian mansion!

Keeping up with Urquharts at Codex's main page. Vault Obsidian - vault where not every denizen's first name is Gary but their every last name is Urquhart.

Drowed

Arcane
Well, to be fair, no one ever cared about PoE2, judging by that metric.

But it's true, no one cares. Well, most people don't. Only fans of the genre care, and it's not a significant number.

The fuck is wrong with you? :rpgcodex:

Hey, I'm not saying that I want newspost about it, only that most mainstream games have never gained much coverage here.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
My point was more along the line of "if even the mainstream no longer cares about KCD, what can we expect here?" For better or for worse, Pillars has always had a captive audience here, but the same cannot be said about games like KCD. I mean, unless we're talking about a Witcher 3 or something. Fallout 76 also didn't get any news in the front page afaik.

Wow what a surprise that a game which no news outlet will touch except to call its maker a nazi does not get the same following as skyrim which gets a new fapjob in mainstream game media every day. If anything it's more reason to cover KCD or Iratus on a site like this which is allegedly indepedent and unbiased. Instead for some reason the only 'news' we get is shilling the same two shitty companies over and over.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
I am not from US help me understand. Why does straight men talk with a "homosexual voice" when not homosexual? Sorry if that's not right way for phrase that.

Because if you aren't a fag talking leftist you get roasted by game media, and even getting hired in corporate world at all is an anomaly.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
So much drama from KCD fans and people, who just don't like PoE2. Meanwhile I wondering why the fuck patches of any game should be in news, I mean patches is NOT such important, that respectable site like Codex should give news page for it. It doesn't matter KCD/Witcher 3/PoE 2/any game, patches does not belong on news page. Patches in fact a part of game's routine maintenance, which would be only interesting for certain amount of players in this game. it's like praising office clerk on TV, because he/she doing his/her paid job. I can understand announcement of normal free DLC, after all it's adding new content (even though it can be count as patch), but not patches and fixes.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
Meanwhile I wondering why the fuck patches of any game should be in news

Why not? What is "newsworthy" to you, and why don't you go post that shit on your website instead of complaining about what's on a different one? We have one dude that posts articles here. Of course it's going to be biased towards what is most on his radar.

(It's the biggest cRPG recently released and the patch changes up a big reason why a lot of Codexers initially complained about the game. It's worth a front page post imo)

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Why not? What is "newsworthy" to you, and why don't you go post that shit on your website instead of complaining about what's on a different one? We have one dude that posts articles here. Of course it's going to be biased towards what is most on his radar.

(It's the biggest cRPG recently released and the patch changes up a big reason why a lot of Codexers initially complained about the game. It's worth a front page post imo)
Why not? What is "newsworthy" to you, and why don't you go post that shit on your website instead of complaining about what's on a different one?
Why you expecting me to answer your questions after you asking them in such tone? But I will be easy on you, since we are free people of codex and can express our emotions as we want (although learn some manners first, it's helping in socialization). Now let's begin answers on question:

I mean patches is NOT such important, that respectable site like Codex should give news page for it. Patches in fact a part of game's routine maintenance, which would be only interesting for certain amount of players in this game.

What is "newsworthy" to you, and why don't you go post that shit on your website instead of complaining about what's on a different one?
1) For me noteworthy anything besides patches
2) If want complain and I will complain. You are not in position to stop me and you have no power here above me.

why don't you go post that shit on your website instead

This part I don't understand, like why the fuck is wrong with you? Does anything about games besides patchnotes means shit to you? What the fuck?

We have one dude that posts articles here. Of course it's going to be biased towards what is most on his radar.

Did I said anything against posting news about PoE 2?No. I didn't.

the patch changes up a big reason why a lot of Codexers initially complained about the game.

Codexers started complaining about the game long before beta release, someone just for sake of complaining and someone because they just hate Obsidian (maybe they killed their families, I dunno).

Many people didn't planned even to play the game, they just shit on game because in their opinion game contain too much negroes (on tropical Isles, lol) and womans (they don't really know that primitive tribes can have matriarchy, hence why these tribes was primitive).

Some people didn't played the game after release, they just started nitpicking complains from other forums and watch let's plays on youtube, so they can generate shit about game that not interesting to them. One retard even wrote review based on let's plays.

This is Codex, only 1% people actually play games which they complain about. And you can precisely see how "welcoming" such news on Codex, nobody said "Thank God there update", because everybody who interested in game actually follow updates on gog/steam/torrent and only KCD fans went butthurt.

And I bet from all people on Codex who complained about news you picked me because you fear that others will give you bad ratings.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
(although learn some manners first, it's helping in socialization).
If you unironically ask him to 'learn some manners', I have bad news for you with respect to proper Codex etiquette.
tenor.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom