Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #56: Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor

Obsidian have released Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, their arena mode/treasure hunt expansion DLC for Pillars of Eternity II. It probably won't get a lot of attention coming right on the heels of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but they did make a pretty cool launch trailer for it. Check out that giant alligator boss:

Alongside the DLC comes Patch 3.0, which adds two new god challenge modes, a mega-boss (confirmed to be incredibly challenging by beta testers) and a variety of other new features. The new Fig update has the details:

Patch 3.0

New Berath's Blessings! New Magran's Fire challenge modes! A new mega-boss!

There's a lot of new in Patch 3.0, and we can't wait for the community to experience all we have to offer. Check out some of the highlights below:
  • New Magran's Fires Challenges
    • Eothas' Challenge - Players must complete the game in a certain amount of time
    • Galawain's Challenge - Beasts have random buffs set throughout the game.
  • New Berath's Blessings
    • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items for those Watchers who have sticky fingers.
    • Legendary Crew - Three veteran sailors from the Kraken's Eye tavern are willing to cut you a great deal. Hire these experienced sailors for cheap!
    • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced!
    • Mythical Discovery - The Watcher's starting armoire has a Mythical Adra Stone that can upgrade any one legendary quality item to Mythic!
  • Spider Queen Megaboss - Belranga has arrived and if the feedback by our beta testers is any proof, she's as terrifying as we were hoping she would be. Hunt her down now to find some...mouth-watering rewards
And these are but a few of the giant patch that is 3.0! Check out our full 3.0 Patch notes, or go see the changes live in-game now!​

Not mentioned in the update is that the patch also adds a "recently used spells" interface and an optional kill camera(!). Sensible additions for a combat-focused DLC. If you're still waiting for Kingmaker to get a few patches, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is available now on Steam and GOG for $10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigranes

Arcane
Looking forward to this, sadly I have no time for this or Pathfinder at the moment.

It's funny how the season pass is $25, but I could probably wait and pick up individually for cheaper. The Beast of Winter is on sale right now on steam.

Septaryeth

Augur
Looking forward to this, sadly I have no time for this or Pathfinder at the moment.

It's funny how the season pass is $25, but I could probably wait and pick up individually for cheaper. The Beast of Winter is on sale right now on steam.

The game is also 33% off and it's only been out for what, four months?
It will definitely be cheaper when the 3rd DLC is released in November. Heck I might even wait another month after that and grab the whole thing during the Christmas sale.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, as we live in times where Fargo is musing on trying to buy back Interplay, why don't go the extra step
and re-merge inXile/Interplay with Obsidian, reform Black Isle, to create the ultimate walking cRpg corpse?
Optional bonus stretch goal: Merge with Larian. So we've got it all under one roof. The ultimate all star studio.
Maybe not with so much of the star part and the roof might be a tad leaky.
Wait. Didn't I want to retire from being cynical. Where does that come from? Curse you Codex! :argh:

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The lack of edgelords is what led to this RPG drought in the first place. Deadfire is a great game - for whom? It's a good entry-level RPG for the low-standard crowd. But great? You don't know what great means.

This game... no... this entire franchise lacks the FUNDAMENTAL characteristics to be a great RPG. A fun ruleset? It has been firmly established that PoE attempted to pull off a bizarre ruleset that tried to please everybody but in the end failed miserably. Skillful worldbuilding? Nah, it's low-effort and derivative. Quality writing? Lore dumps.

PoE failed (and continues to fail over and over) in many important aspects that great RPGs have. Why? Because neo-Obsidian are entirely focused on stuff irrelevant to a true RPG. Such as eye candy, cape physics, minigames, romances and infantile garbage like talking parrots.

It has nothing a true RPG needs, except good music and cute 2D backgrounds. PoE is an exercise in amateurism, a brainchild of the B-team at neo-Obsidian.

Keep calling it great like I know you will. That's why the erosion of standard will continue. More and more mediocrity will soon follow in its tracks.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The lack of edgelords is what led to this RPG drought in the first place. Deadfire is a great game - for whom? It's a good entry-level RPG for the low-standard crowd. But great? You don't know what great means.

I'm sure the reason why we don't get more quality RPGs is that we don't hate the PoE franchise enough. :roll:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
deadfire is pretty good. not arcanum/fallout level, or even new vegas / MoTB level. but it is still a fun to play RPG, the only fault is it does everything well but not exceptional. only tryhard edgelord pretend like there is no single good thing about deadfire.

Thonius

Arcane
Well, as we live in times where Fargo is musing on trying to buy back Interplay, why don't go the extra step
and re-merge inXile/Interplay with Obsidian, reform Black Isle, to create the ultimate walking cRpg corpse?
Optional bonus stretch goal: Merge with Larian. So we've got it all under one roof. The ultimate all star studio.
Maybe not with so much of the star part and the roof might be a tad leaky.
Wait. Didn't I want to retire from being cynical. Where does that come from? Curse you Codex! :argh:
Star's, talents, famous devs pish posh! Some drunken russkies did it better and cheaper!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom