Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Linux Wasteland 2 GOG patching debacle (download 13 GB everytime! Yay!) taught me not to use them for new games. They seriously need to get their shit together.

The reason for the delay is that GOG and Origin perform internal testing on patches, while Steam just lets the devs put up whatever kind of garbage they want (insert early access joke here).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
THIS

FUCKING

DEFIANCE BAY

AND ITS

FUCKING

LOADING SCREENS!!!!!!

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

HEY YOU! YOUR MISSION IS ACCOMPLISHED, GO REPORT TO WISE WOMAN
-> brackenbury
-> dunryd row
-> upstairs
OK GOOD NOW GO GET SOMEONE TO INVITE YOU TO TRIALS
-> downstairs
-> brackenbury
-> first fires
-> knight temple
FUCK YOU NIGGER GO BOTHER SOMEOEN ELSE
-> first fires
-> copperlane
-> adventuremart
OK COOL GUY WE GOT YOUR BACK
NOW REPORT TO WISE WOMAN AGAIN
-> copperlane
-> brackenbury
-> dunryd row
-> upstairs
GOOD NOW GO TO DUC'S PALACE
-> downstairs
-> brackenbury
-> first fires
-> palace

m9VG9X.jpg

Athelas

Arcane
I think there's a mod on the Nexus that disables auto-save on map transitions. That should reduce the loading times.

Although I'm finding it pretty fast myself (without said mod).

Duraframe300

Arcane
I think there's a mod on the Nexus that disables auto-save on map transitions. That should reduce the loading times.

Although I'm finding it pretty fast myself (without said mod).

Its near instant (few seconds)on my ssd

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No issues whatsoever before the patch. First time trying to run the game after the patch, the game freezes before showing the menu.

:dead:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Is there another approach to the Blood Legacy quest beside..

going there and killing everyone?

In the forest east of the town, in the Ogre cave, you can find a corpse with a key and clothes of the cult who kidnapped the daughter/niece of the noble. Tried infiltrating the cult similar to the Raedric's Hold in Gilded Vale second floor but didn't work.

Tried both entrances, the one in forest unlockable with the key you get from the corpse or from the broken tower entrance after killing the 2 cult guys. Doesn't depend on a skill check or a information or something or is it just a linear dungeon.

You can side with the priest and you can also permanently sacrifice one of your companions in the pool of blood. You still have to fight the cultists, but your def should since their gear is worth 10k

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The Linux Wasteland 2 GOG patching debacle (download 13 GB everytime! Yay!) taught me not to use them for new games. They seriously need to get their shit together.

The reason for the delay is that GOG and Origin perform internal testing on patches, while Steam just lets the devs put up whatever kind of garbage they want (insert early access joke here).
Delay is one thing. Downloading the whole game each time a patch is released (as GOG does with Linux Wasteland 2) is another.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Beware:

Just started up again after the patch and I can't interact with locked things. No message, nothing. Hover over and the tooltip is all white text, got enough mechanics. Put when I click on it the mechanic character walks over and nothing happens. It does not unlock, no popup message, no sound effect. Nothing.

Indeed, same for me. I seriously do not want to restart my Potd party because of this. Lockpicking works fine in a freshly started game but not in my current one.

I am having the same problem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I was really enjoying my MC + 5 recruits playthrough, but without the ability to pick locks I won't be playing this party until it is fixed.

On my PotD play I can only open locks with main character, to me it seems it's an issue for custom characters. (I cannot continue my PotD play due to this, as it's too late to respec the main char to have the high lockpicks needed)

I'm also playing with main character + 5 custom. And my mechanic is one of the custom.

Everyone that does not have the required mechanics can attempt to interact with it where as my Mechanic, who has sufficient levels, cannot. It's very bizarre and awfully frustrating.

my rogue main char can open locks using mechanics, but it seams lockpiks ain't working any more

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Does anyone know just exactly how dual-wielding works?

There's an Accuracy penalty which can be offset with a Talent, you don't get the Accuracy bonus you'd get for wielding a single one-handed weapon, and you obviously can't use a shield. That much I know.

Does the character strike with both weapons at once, or alternate? I'm pretty sure they strike with both at once, and that DR is applied to each separately. If so, how is attack speed calculated when using an Average and a Small? Is it the average of the two? Is it even faster? I remember reading somewhere that dual-wielding is for "fastest attacks."

Edit: Regarding the locked containers bug:

My PC is a Rogue. :smug:

He doesn't need lockpicks. :smug:

Suck it, Pair o' Cocks Software. :smug:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's the same story every time. As is usual with KS releases, it'll take them about 3 months to get rid of obvious bugs. And some hidden bugs (say, abilities not working exactly as intended) will probably never be fixed.

BB was just a systems test, nothing more. Now it's actual beta time.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I wonder why the god portraits aren't shown in the cyclopaedia. :( They're nicely drawn and would add to the booky feel of the thing.
(one has to go to the wiki to see them)

edit: nevermind, it seems they only had Galawain and Woedica done. Hmm, pity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom