Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by undecaf, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    I've just finished everything around Dyrford.

Suffice to say, I think it shows very much that this place was the backer beta area. It's of considerably higher quality than both Gilded Vale and Defiance Bay put fucking together.

^ Top  
  2. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    It's actually the first content they made for the game, it was even part of the prototype. All the content in it was already there when the first backer beta launched, before any feedback. So logically it should be the weakest/most flawed content. :M

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    Is there another approach to the Blood Legacy quest beside..

Show Spoiler
    going there and killing everyone?

In the forest east of the town, in the Ogre cave, you can find a corpse with a key and clothes of the cult who kidnapped the daughter/niece of the noble. Tried infiltrating the cult similar to the Raedric's Hold in Gilded Vale second floor but didn't work.

Tried both entrances, the one in forest unlockable with the key you get from the corpse or from the broken tower entrance after killing the 2 cult guys. Doesn't depend on a skill check or a information or something or is it just a linear dungeon.

^ Top  
  4. Maculo Prophet

Maculo
    Not that I know of Xeon. The only real difference I can think of is:
    Show Spoiler
    Having a Cipher/Grieving Mother who can mind-wipe the girl. Otherwise, you have to kill her, let her kill the Noble; warn the noble about her and she will be sent to the Sanitarium.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. mutonizer Arcane Patron

mutonizer
    There is also
    Show Spoiler

a special dialog if you're a priest Skaen, though don't think it opens up any new options after that, just couple dialog lines.
    Haven't tried being Priest of Skaen AND using the clothes but doubt it does anything, which is weird since it'd be a nice option and they used that with Raedric hold too as an option.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    In my view, so far it's the only area that actually tried.

In Dyrford, for the first I saw my background actually do practical shit ([explorer] intimidating one of the brigands away from the drake egg).

In Dyrford, for the first time I saw a text adventure with more than just '1. Use your grappling hook 2. Jump across 3. Leave'.

In Dyrford, for the first time I saw something at least resembling a conspiracy.

In Dyrford, for the first time I saw some fucking interconnection between some questlines.

It was just a shame that I arrived there at level 10, so everything boiled down to select all -> left click + the conclusion of the blood legacy quest was so incredibly idiotic, I had to take a break after witnessing it, but otherwise, if only the rest of the game was like fucking Dyrford, I can imagine raging much less in this very thread.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    I rushed through the crit path originally and I'm still curioius: is there a pair of Boots of Speed before you get to Sun in Shadow? If so, where are they?

^ Top  
  8. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Boots of speed are on

Show Spoiler
    deep roads level 13

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    The ones outside the first village in the forest where you find Durance. It's probably just me being underlevled, tho - my characters are lvl 2 with like 1% xp left till level 3 so I can just go do some quick non-combat quest or kill something more manageable (I completely skipped the area before the village cause my main char is not good solo material, so I could always go back there).

Also noone had yet answered my question: is it possible to see the base accuracy values of your attacks and spells other than in the combat log?

^ Top  
  10. mutonizer Arcane Patron

mutonizer
    Show Spoiler

^ Top  
  11. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    No, it would be stupid reaching level cap by not being a completionist.
    And what the fuck being a completionist really means?
    Doing or trying to do all the game quests as they were intended to by being in the game in the first place?

^ Top  
  12. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    :salute:

Everything is critpath :happytrollboy:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    Character sheet

^ Top  
  14. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    In the heart of the Nexus, someone arises to oppose the Balance: http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/26/?

^ Top  
  15. IncendiaryDevice Self-Ejected Village Idiot

Self-Ejected
    So, yeah, this game seems to work, this is excellent news, I shall put it on next-up. Just a couple of questions though:

1. Will it run easily on a 2010 Windows 7 dual-core Laptop with no special chips or whistles?

2. Once you've bought it (downloaded it) do you have to be on-line ever again to play it? (and, obviously, how much hard-disc space does it munch up?)

many thanks

^ Top  
  16. veevoir Klytus, I'm bored Patron

veevoir
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    2. For sure not if you get it from gog. Except if you feel the need to patch.

^ Top  
  17. dieu Learned

dieu
    1. Possibly. Apart from some issues with certain effects it runs smoothly on my laptop with 3GB RAM and an AMD dual-core, but you may have problems with less RAM or a 32-bit OS.

Installation takes up 13.5 GB, files for install about 6.5 GB.

^ Top  
  18. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Patch is out, get your downloading on.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Bleed the Man Arcane Patron

Bleed the Man
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yeeeeesssssss! I will be able to play without checking the character sheets every single fucking time I start the game.

^ Top  
  20. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Yeah, no fucking shit. In a full party on Hard, the pet is marginally useful for a short time, after which the ranger becomes useless. Or, you can hide the pet in the back, and then just go ahead and replace your Ranger with a class that doesn't literally suck every fucking cock it sees.

The pet needs to not die at all, quite frankly, just like your average tanky Fighter. Difference between it and a fighter is it can't deal damage worth a crap, has no crowd control, and can only Engage one target at a time. I think that's fair. Marking a target each combat should also be a completely free action.

With these, Ranger would move from sucking every cock it sees to merely eyeing them hungrily.

Suggest any combat situation in which having a Ranger would be better than having a second Wizard. Spoiler alert: You can't.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    which ones?

^ Top  
  22. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    ^ Top  
  23. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    The Linux Wasteland 2 GOG patching debacle (download 13 GB everytime! Yay!) taught me not to use them for new games. They seriously need to get their shit together.

^ Top  
  24. LeJosh Savant

LeJosh
    When is "Galaxy" out for their steam-like service? Is it ever coming out?

^ Top  
  25. Dragoon Educated

Dragoon
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.