Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Shevek

Arcane
Lol, such dumbfuckery

Atchodas

Augur
Lol dumbfucks like you being only people who are satisfied with PoE just proves how bad the game turned out to be . I mean you are such a devoted fanboy , and you dont got even basic knowledge of the game ( how else you can explain your claims about max damage done in a party with 12 mig fighter , also you calling might strength is kinda strange i mean how far are you in the game? Is this one of those cases PoE is best game i am best pro i am reaching defiance bay for first time next week ? )

Seems you got nothing to say might as well just shut the fuck up :)

Shevek

Arcane
Anywho, I'll keep kicking butt with my 12 might fighter using fast weapons

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Lol, if you actually knew anything about mechanics of this game, you wouldn't be so edgy here. High might is incredibly important for the chars with no in-built reliable damage bonuses (most casters or barbs, for example). For classes who already have a huge basic bonus (and, if you rush it all, fighter will have 40% at level 6), it's not that much of a deal - like, with 12 might and exceptional weapon his guy will have 176% at said level 6. With 18 might, that would've been only 18% more - 194%. No crippling differences here.

Considering that he'd also take the vulnerable attack at level 4 and how insane that talent is with all kinds of fast duals, it's not surprising that the fighter leads, especially if he went with a basic party where there's no rogues/barbarians/ciphers to overtake him. Now, it doesn't mean his build is perfect - considering that interrupt fighter has zero need for int, he should've put intelligence at 3 and then he'd have points to max both dex and might. But, anyways, for the characters with high basic bonus, dex is indeed better than might.

Atchodas

Augur
If you wanted to know anything you would test it like i did : 24~26 Dex and 30~32 Mig is better than 24~26 MIG and 30+ DEX , on any damage dealer class ( these are act3numbers with buffs you should have before any important fight ) , also fighter cant be topping damage in a party if it has any of given classes : Wizard,Druid,Cipher,Ranger,Rogue,Barbarian . If 12 Mig fighter outdamage any of those played as Damage Dealers , something is wrong with your hands or brains .

Saying stuff about vulnerable attack just shows that you know jack shit , Vulnerable Attack / Penetrating Shot
are standard for any fukin build that focuses on doing damage with weapons meanwhile it is the worst to use it with Dual Wield because how it neglects the dual wield talent you get , and how it affects 2 weapons instead of 1 .

It is better to loose 20% from 1 slow two hander than , 20% from each fast 1handers

Last edited:

Shevek

Arcane
He's not top by much. He might have as much as 13 str though. Can't tell since I'm at work. I helps to have that rendering codex rapier and the -5dr stance active.

My other fighter (strong/smart moon godlike with a 2h) is real close to him in DMG but focuses on knockdowns/aoe heals, etc.

Atchodas

Augur
Also , there are calculation by MadDemiurg on Obshittian forums that shows that dual wield weapons need to have enormous damage multi to even outdamage a simple 2handed weapon(shitty daggers and rapiers needs deathblows to be viable vs a 2hander basically), so you both full of shit , anw i am done discussing with retards.

How many shitty figthers there are in your custom party i wonder shevek lol

Shevek

Arcane
Lol, keep the edginess coming. My DW fighter in leather doesn't care. He's still kicking butt

Atchodas

Augur
As i mentioned in my first sentence noone gives a shit about shitty builds you do fact is that MIG > DEX > Rest for damage dealers in PoE .

All you can say is that one word you learned recently EDGYYYYY

I am fuckin Wesley Snipes Blade levels of edgy gtfo now

Pillar of Autism

Shevek

Arcane
Lol, if you actually knew anything about mechanics of this game, you wouldn't be so edgy here. High might is incredibly important for the chars with no in-built reliable damage bonuses (most casters or barbs, for example). For classes who already have a huge basic bonus (and, if you rush it all, fighter will have 40% at level 6), it's not that much of a deal - like, with 12 might and exceptional weapon his guy will have 176% at said level 6. With 18 might, that would've been only 18% more - 194%. No crippling differences here.

Considering that he'd also take the vulnerable attack at level 4 and how insane that talent is with all kinds of fast duals, it's not surprising that the fighter leads, especially if he went with a basic party where there's no rogues/barbarians/ciphers to overtake him. Now, it doesn't mean his build is perfect - considering that interrupt fighter has zero need for int, he should've put intelligence at 3 and then he'd have points to max both dex and might. But, anyways, for the characters with high basic bonus, dex is indeed better than might.
I took int to 4 (fire godlike) but I went with high res for dialogue unlocks (he's my main) and high deflection (to make up for him wearing leather)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
But, anyways, for the characters with high basic bonus, dex is indeed better than might.

Incorrect. Due to the nature of integer DR in this game, attacking quicker means you are facing off against DR more often. With 0-low DR due to Vulnerable Attack or something, that may be true but Might is always better than Dex statistically for raw DPS. It is also dependent on the ACC-DEF range that you are in.

You come in making all of these "this gives X%" statements but none of them are absolutely true because this game has lots of mechanics that rely on each other. Your blanket statements are often on the money, but I highly doubt any percentages that you claim.

That said I do not doubt that a high interrupt Fighter is somewhat effective even in a suboptimal build, although up against a properly built and properly played dual wielding Rogue or Barbarian for example, the Fighter (without Retaliation) will never win any DPS contest.

Pope Amole II

Developer
I took int to 4 (fire godlike) but I went with high res for dialogue unlocks (he's my main) and high deflection (to make up for him wearing leather)

Eh, he can actually easily use plate without much problems - the difference between plate and leather for him is, like, 12.5% of actual attack speed. I doubt that's worth 7 DR in all departments.

Shevek

Arcane
Incorrect. Due to the nature of integer DR in this game, attacking quicker means you are facing off against DR more often.

Ya but a percentile increase in attacks is still a percentile increase in DMG, irrespective of Dr. Attacks 5 times vs 4 times in the same space of time is a 25% increase. Sure it doesn't have the benefit of overcoming dr like str does but I find that str bonus is better for 2 handers than small 1 handers against integer Dr. Which, honestly, makes sense to me.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You also have to consider time, do you have the time to make the extra attacks required to make up the difference etc?

In DotA 2 for instance, extra damage is considered superior because it's more reliable for DPS, as if you only get to make one attack the extra damage counts whereas the extra IAS does not.

In your interrupt Fighter's case - you're going for interrupts, so Dex is better because you get to interrupt more often.

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
You also have to consider time, do you have the time to make the extra attacks required to make up the difference etc?

In DotA 2 for instance, extra damage is considered superior because it's more reliable, as if you only get to make one attack the extra damage counts whereas the extra IAS does not.

This exactly .
Also Due to how Accuracy and Crits interact in PoE you always want to stack Might and Accuracy and +%Crit gear for the max hits

This stuff is trivial and clear to everyone except Obsidian forums and Shevek

Also you should listen to Sensuki he knows his shit about PoE mechanics better than we do

Talking about armors : Sanguine Plate is still the best for melee DPS (+4 Might +3 Con +33 Attack Speed if i remember correct when you get crit and it is 2x Per encounter combine it with boots that heals aoe when you get crit and you got unstopable melee ) and ofcourse 16 DR which is huge

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Developer
You know, the funniest thing about Sensuki's PoE butthurt (and his attempts to prove his superiority here) is that the dude burned half a year on this shit, but doesn't know jack about the game. Lol.

It's very easy. We go to the very well known google spreadsheets. First, we use damage bonus 1.8 (that's the average rogue fare - sneak attack + exceptional weapon) & 18 dex (and supposed 10 might). Dual stilettos have 9,74 dps that way. Estoc has 7.94. Next we use damage bonus 2.04 (that's the might going form 10 to 18) and 10 dex. Stilettos have 8.94 dps. Estoc has 7.54.

So yeah, of course, might is strictly better than dex and high DR makes that very, very important, sure, mr. fucking expert. But yeah, if I had wasted so much time and learned nothing in the process, I guess I'd cried myself a river too. Maybe I shouldn't be too hard on the poor bastard.

Shevek

Arcane

Eh, he can actually easily use plate without much problems - the difference between plate and leather for him is, like, 12.5% of actual attack speed. I doubt that's worth 7 DR in all departments.
I find my plate wearing moon god like goes down more than my dodgy leather wearing fire god like. (Def more important than dr?)

Part of it is the roleplaying tho. I want the rapier duelist guy in leather.

Atchodas

Augur
You know, the funniest thing about Sensuki's PoE butthurt (and his attempts to prove his superiority here) is that the dude burned half a year on this shit, but doesn't know jack about the game. Lol.

It's very easy. We go to the very well known google spreadsheets. First, we use damage bonus 1.8 (that's the average rogue fare - sneak attack + exceptional weapon) & 18 dex (and supposed 10 might). Dual stilettos have 9,74 dps that way. Estoc has 7.94. Next we use damage bonus 2.04 (that's the might going form 10 to 18) and 10 dex. Stilettos have 8.94 dps. Estoc has 7.54.

So yeah, of course, might is strictly better than dex and high DR makes that very, very important, sure, mr. fucking expert. But yeah, if I had wasted so much time and learned nothing in the process, I guess I'd cried myself a river too. Maybe I shouldn't be too hard on the poor bastard.

MR.DPS and MR.Total DAMAGE DONE Autist , lol you two scrubs really have no idea what is going on in PoE do you,
Why you dont count Crits with rogue when you raise Might? oh thats too hard for shitty spreadsheet to handle?
Also as sensuki mentioned bigger hit now is better than 2 fast ones if enemy or you will die after this one , and he mentioned that DR effect is huge on low damage weapons
also i find it very amusing people stacking dex like fuckin bosses and going for plate armors which kills like 1/3 of dex effect instantly .Also doing calculations with stupid numbers like 10 and 18 is just retarded , i posted real numbers you should test in last page it is : 31 Mig 24 Dex or 30 Dex 25 Mig , ACT 3 stats , or your char is a gimp .
btw is your calc done vs 0 dr ? i bet when estoc hits for 20 and stilleto for 6 is a bit different isnt it ?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom