Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pirates of the caribbean - someone out there PLS reply ??

gowjames

Novice
a few hours into this now.....is the 3D sailing totally redundant ?? Whenever I set sail from a port in the '3D' mode, i come across absolutely nothing - no other islands, no other vessels, no storms....nothing. Is this the way it is?? i set sail in the right direction and figure i must be there by now but nothing shows on me map. I switch to the world map and low and behold I am right on the island's doorstep - nothing in view on the 3D sailing though. Do u HAVE to use the world map to travel between islands and encounter other vessels and storms (to allow them to load it seems)?? Was the '3D' sailing just a nice idea that was never finished by Bethesda ?? PLS clarify before i loose more hours just sailing into something from stephen kings langoliers !!

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Re: Pirates of the caribbean - someone out there PLS reply ?

gowjames said:
a few hours into this now.....is the 3D sailing totally redundant ?? Whenever I set sail from a port in the '3D' mode, i come across absolutely nothing - no other islands, no other vessels, no storms....nothing. Is this the way it is?? i set sail in the right direction and figure i must be there by now but nothing shows on me map. I switch to the world map and low and behold I am right on the island's doorstep - nothing in view on the 3D sailing though. Do u HAVE to use the world map to travel between islands and encounter other vessels and storms (to allow them to load it seems)?? Was the '3D' sailing just a nice idea that was never finished by Bethesda ?? PLS clarify before i loose more hours just sailing into something from stephen kings langoliers !!

You can get to the other islands by regular sailing, but it takes FOREVER. And I mean FOREVER. The world map is the only way to do it painlessly. I mean, come on, how long do you think it took pirates back then to sail from one place to another. Not a matter of minutes, that's for sure. If you want a game that simulates the actual length it takes to get from a to b, then don't use the world map. Be prepared for boredom though. It's a great game and the world map is not bad at all. Good indicator: When on the world map, watch time go by and then imagine sailing that in realtime. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom