Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

plague/pandemics in games

Martyr

Arcane
games that feature the/a plague/a pandemic that I know of:

Deus Ex - Gray Death (cyberpunk stealth with RPG elements)

Neverwinter Nights - Wailing Death (Bioware RPG)

Greedfall - Malichor (action-RPG & cutscene simulator)

Dishonored - Rat Plague (steampunk stealth)

A Plague Tale - haven't played it, but I know it's the central theme (fantasy stealth)

Patrician & Anno series - plague (trading management & city builder)

Penumbra: Black Plague - haven't played it yet (horror adventure/stealth)

Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall - a "plague" that turns people into insects ... (action game/RPG)

what else is there?

Metal Gear Solid V, and it's even a man-made virus attacking lungs engineered in a third world shithole

EDIT: Also Red Dead Redemption 2:
Arthur contracts Tuberculosis before penicillin was invented, and is literally COOFING all the time

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
Stellar Tactics - Phage outbreak (turns humans into zombie-like creatures)

Plague Inc. - THE game about pandemics, etc.

Crusader Kings 2 - black plague and all that medieval good stuff

Guild 2 Renaissance - black plague

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
In Lurking II: A Madness you're fighting against "The Madness" which is spreading around people of the world as you play. Recently infected characters would randomly get red eyes and deliver some dark message instead of answering what you're asking for, until their eyes eventually stay red and you can't get any info from them anymore.
zgrkGjh.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Penumbra: Black Plague - haven't played it yet (horror adventure/stealth)

lol. There isn't really a plague in Penumbra: Black Plague.

the title is referring to an alien possession/zombification scenario in an isolated compound in Greenland

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Nier - Black Scrawl
It's nooot really a virus. I know.

Mass Effect 2 - Plague in Omega

Virtue's Last Resort - Radical-6

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Dishonored - Rat Plague (steampunk stealth)

So well done too. That level where you see where they're dumping the bodies, and people exiled there are all around... great stuff. Dishonored 2 is a great game as well but the insect invasion or whatever is nowhere near as good.

Martyr

Arcane
I've also found another game - Reign: Conflict of Nations - a russian grand strategy game which looks quite similar to Crusader Kings. the setting is eastern european instead of central european. it starts off in 1350, so in the midst of the Black Death.

Norfleet

World of Warcrap, the blood corruption one. Not just some plot point, but an actual plague that even the CDC found interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom