Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition officially revealed, coming April 11th

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Purchased the original version off GOG as well a few days ago before they end up replacing it with this garbage. I don't plan on ever giving my money to Beamdong.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I honestly dont know why GOG even allows this sort of shit of not having the original games available for purchase..
They do whatever the publisher of the game wants, they can't keep games up for sale if the publisher doesn't want them there, obviously.
It's obvious Beamdog/Overhaul Games are just WotC's puppets. Was funny after Siege of Dragonspear how those responsible weren't, fired, but "just left the company". Yeah, sure...lol.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's great news, at least you won't support these parasites. If you really want to get it you'll find it on torrents or IRC or mega or...

skyst

Augur
It's been known from the start

Grrr... I didn't read it properly when it was announced and thought the discount would be available up until release day. :argh:

It should just be a free update for those that already own the game on GOG; it's ultimately just an update to the same fucking game. It just feels scummy to see these ~20 year old games getting resold (successfully) at like double the price that the original version was being sold for weeks ago. I've played some of Beamdog's EEs and there's just nothing present to validate another purchase or the bump in price. I might advise a newcomer to grab the EE instead of needing to mod up a game that they really have no present investment in, but outside of those specific situations, I fail to see the point.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
It's been known from the start

Grrr... I didn't read it properly when it was announced and thought the discount would be available up until release day. :argh:

It should just be a free update for those that already own the game on GOG; it's ultimately just an update to the same fucking game. It just feels scummy to see these ~20 year old games getting resold (successfully) at like double the price that the original version was being sold for weeks ago. I've played some of Beamdog's EEs and there's just nothing present to validate another purchase or the bump in price. I might advise a newcomer to grab the EE instead of needing to mod up a game that they really have no present investment in, but outside of those specific situations, I fail to see the point.

Well, in some cases (like my unfortunate PC) no amount of modding is able to fix the game. Either I bleed my eyes out in PST native resolution or some fucked up things (eg. mouse cursor running up and scrolling the screen with it, artifacts, other random shit) happen all the time. GOG has a refund policy for non-fixable technical shit, so if beamdog was able to do what mods couldn't.. I guess I can drop them some shekels

schru

Arcane
Well, in some cases (like my unfortunate PC) no amount of modding is able to fix the game. Either I bleed my eyes out in PST native resolution or some fucked up things (eg. mouse cursor running up and scrolling the screen with it, artifacts, other random shit) happen all the time. GOG has a refund policy for non-fixable technical shit, so if beamdog was able to do what mods couldn't.. I guess I can drop them some shekels
Try it with the dgVoodoo wrapper. Scaling with the CRT filter gives it a nice pattern that masks the blurring on an LCD, and setting the Max ISF resolution in the DirectX tab can make it sharper.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Fuck, forgot to get the old GOG version before this "Enhanced" version was released. I still have the original discs, somewhere, but the GOG version would have been less of a hassle to install and play.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Try it with the dgVoodoo wrapper. Scaling with the CRT filter gives it a nice pattern that masks the blurring on an LCD, and setting the Max ISF resolution in the DirectX tab can make it sharper.

Yep, dgVoodoo fixed my issues. I used to have a lot of weird graphical issues with PST, but my last playthrough was pretty much perfect.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck, forgot to get the old GOG version before this "Enhanced" version was released. I still have the original discs, somewhere, but the GOG version would have been less of a hassle to install and play.
Go torrent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom