Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Torment - scrolling bug, please help

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've read lots of people's opinion about how P:T is sooo great, so I finally decided to buy it. Yesterday I had a lot of work to do, so I decided to "check the CDs if the game installs OK" and you might guess what happened. I've been playing for many hours now, but one thing annoys me.
After about 10 seconds of playing, I suddenly find I'm not able to scroll the view with my mouse. I have to enter e.g. inventory, and go back. Then I have another 10 seconds, and so on. The game is playable, but scrolling with the keyboard is not the most convenient way to do it (unlike Arcanum).
I have read the readme file and found no info concerning similar problems.
I have the latest, patched version of the game.
I have the latest video drivers for my nVIdia GeForce MX200.
I have experimented with all possible graphical options, including setting all to "software mode".
And yes, I am aware that there's an option to block the view centered on my character, and I am sure I don't do it every time by mistakingly pressing 'c'.

So, if anyone of you can be of any help, pray tell me how can I get rid of the scrolling restriction, which looks like a bug to me.

Elwro

Arcane
OK, for some unknown reason this thread didn't go into "active threads" section on the main page, and I think my post count didn't increase. So no one can actually notice my question. Maybe this post will help.

Rosh

Erudite
Essentially, that is a bug found in all of the Inbred Engine games.

Sad thing is, they've really never fixed it.

So you're either fucked or you aren't.

Sucks to be a Bioware consumer, eh?

Elwro

Arcane
Rosh said:
Essentially, that is a bug found in all of the Inbred Engine games.
I thought that too, but I remember finishing BG I and IWD without any problems on the same computer with similar configuration.
Sucks to be a Bioware consumer, eh?
It sure does. But many people here have praised the game's plot very much... so I bought it.

Rosh

Erudite
Elwro said:
I thought that too, but I remember finishing BG I and IWD without any problems on the same computer with similar configuration..

Unfortunately, it kind of crops up without any logical explanation or faithful reproduction. It's hard to pin it down or reproduce it every time. Best thing I can suggest is to reinstall and try again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom