Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I was thinking for a while that any person from a plane would encompass that alignment.

So therefore Ravel, from the Grey Wastes would be Evil, we are sort of talking about Hades or something.
The Gray Wastes are neutral, and I think Ravel is too. She doesn't do the things she does out of malice, the world around her is a puzzle that needs to be solved, whether that puzzle wants to be solved is irrelevant to her. I think the twist in her life was that she fell in love with TNO. Love demands commitment, that doesn't go well with neutrality.

Fhjull is a fiend is he not? How can he be neutral?
Well, I called him a shade of evil, forced to do good. Never called him neutral, but he does reside on a neutral plane.

I thought I read somewhere that you become the plane that you are from or in. I need to read all the early stuff again.
Not too sure about that. It would make a lot of encounters implausible. On the other hand, maybe Planscape lore does state that, but the devs didn't implement it to the letter. Wouldn't surprise me if they took some liberties with the setting.

There seems to be too many neutral characters in the game, including your companions. Would really have loved to come across some Good people. Must have been some of those in Sigil right?
Yes, alignments are too often considered neutral. For example Ignus should be chaotic (evil) in my opinion.

If you plan on doing some metagaming, this list contains a lot of info on all creatures/npc's you'll encounter. I've noticed a few flaws, but it seems generally pretty accurate: https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/187975-planescape-torment/faqs/23074
The best walkthrough is provided by Dan Simpson.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Grey Wastes are Neutral Evil, perhaps purest expression o malice of all Lower Planes, an not just home to Hags but also Yugoloths who can shame Baatezu an Tanari in their deviancy. I think Ravel is neutral enemy mentioned though as well, she's a single minded solver of puzzles an impossibilities, hence why she loves the scarred shell she can't unravel or change.

Petitioners (dead from prime material planes) will merge wi plane they are sent to on death eventually, or be reborn as lowest rung on that planes ladder, such as a minor Baatezu in Nine Hells. Planeborn are a bit different from Clueless though.

ALchymist

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
I only got around to reading Dying Earth this year. It was a disappointment. The coolest thing for me was to come across all those D&D tropes in a book. The stories themselves were nothing much to shout about though, like something a bright, somewhat horny 13-year-old would come up with.

Given that Jack Vance also wrote "Servants of the Wankh" I think you have pegged his target market exactly. He had some great ideas but played with them for fun rather than to be thought-provoking.

ALchymist

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
And now that I've caught up with this, hat's off to you, sir, for the finest LP I've seen. I played the game when it first came out (and Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Fallout 1 & 2) and it's great to see the reactions of someone who hasn't played it before. You did miss the most fun party member though.

I don't think Annah or Fall-from-Grace are any more than they appear: two people who haven't met you before but are drawn to you because they are both tormented in some way.

i also have a speculation on who TNO is, although without evidence
Many of the stones is sensory stones involve TNO directly or indirectly. In one sensory stone we get the memories of a starship captain justifying the destruction of a planet by claiming all the people must be traitors. TNO?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom