Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I leave these thoughts behind submerged with the stinking corpses and embrace the light outside.

Last edited:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Strange Magic, he must be a mighty sorcerer, as whilst he is talking the party mysteriously falls under his spell.

Last edited:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I make a shopping list:

Armour
Wand of Identifying
Scroll of Reveal Name
Scroll of Teleport Anywhere You Want
Potion of Stop The Game Crashing
Some seeds

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Awesome sauce.

Experiencing PS:T for the first time... I envy you.
This brings a lot of memories. Still the top crpg evar for me.

If I may suggest something: pay more attention to your companions. They are no mere henchmen here. Their depth is unpararrelled... in any other title.

Also since you started as a Genius (a fine career path, if I may say so)
really push that Wisdom score... you won't regret it

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
*Lots of crashing happening that is making me mad and might stop me playing.*

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
*Lots of crashing happening that is making me mad and might stop me playing.*

THERE FOLLOWS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME PUNCTUATED BY FREQUENT CRASHES AND THE LOWERING OF MY WILL TO PLAY THIS GAME EVER AGAIN.
I assume you have the fixpack and the widescreen mod installed?
I remember the game crashing a lot when entering small abodes, like Mebeth's hut. My girlfriend played PS:T last spring with a newer version of the widescreen-mod and the game only started crashing when casting spells with long spell animations. Now, it may be a hardware specific thing, I'm not really sure what causes your game to crash. My girlfriend used a 4:3 resolution at 1024*768. Might be worth a try. Also, summoning ghostdog maybe he can shed some light on this.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Jesus Christ, this thread is intense. I haven't played the game (or is it referred to as THE GAME around here?), but I feel like my body is ready.
So where do I go to for the "list of the required" mods?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Jesus Christ, this thread is intense. I haven't played the game (or is it referred to as THE GAME around here?), but I feel like my body is ready.
So where do I go to for the "list of the required" mods?
http://www.shsforums.net/forum/551-planescape-torment-mods/

Unfinished business is optional. Personally I found it a mixed bag.

Here is a step by step guide to installing the game, make sure you grab the latest versions of the mods though, since this article is from 2009:
http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.nl/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html

edit:
Lord Azlan said:
I am running an RG Mechanics version. It seems to be the only version that works on any of my devices. The others don't work, including my original CDs and some GOG versions. I seem to have the option for widescreen and I am using a 800x600, SVGA for those with long memories as a balance between graphics and being able to read the text. Which I realise is an absolute must in this game.
You could try the above method with your original cd's. The game really shouldn't be as buggy as you're experiencing. There is a mod that allows you to set a larger text font size.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I find myself waiting for your reactions to several visceral or mind-blowing sequences. Carry on!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
this thread reminds me all over again how much better the infinity engine games are in their original resolutions. the widescreen mods make everything look too small / make everything look like an RTS; original resolution presents the player with the framing that the designers wanted. in baldur's gate it doesn't make much difference but in planescape where the art direction is so strong it is very evident.

Corvid

Novice
Are you still having problems with screenshotting stuff? I recommend IrfanView, it's free and has a screenshot option that you can bind to a particular key.

Also, loving the blind perspective on Torment.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If it would be, it would ruin the codex tradition of making PST playthroughs and never finishing them... I don't mind tho :shittydog:

Cadmus

Arcane
Good job, LordAzlan. This is making me want to play tournament once more and I think I'm going to.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shame about missing Dak'kon's trigger. There is a reason for his sullen silence. He's arguably the best character in a video game ever. Also now, that you've become a mage, you will have many more options of interacting with him, learning of the philosophy of his people and really expanding his potential (plus yours as well).
There's one really crazy spell... eventually crazy anyway.
Also try speaking to other Githzerai in the Hive with Dakkon in the party and ask him about their language...

A bit of a shame about the botched box delivery as well. But I guess it couldn't be helped. Such is the charm of playing blind-folded.

And, hm, you're currently a level 1 mage, right? Good luck in the maze.... :0-13:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Are you still having problems with screenshotting stuff? I recommend IrfanView, it's free and has a screenshot option that you can bind to a particular key.

Also, loving the blind perspective on Torment.

Thank you. Got it and working. Hopefully I can get the images on this forum properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom