Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planet Alcatraz 2 English translation

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
've spotted this on Felipe Pepe's twitter.

Good news for slavjank fans! Bad news for everyone else.

Planet Alcatraz 2 has been translated into English.

ss_1a9f9285d632911c084006dced59b078a1f3a890.1920x1080.jpg

E5Nmt4qUUAAFO22
E5NmptFVUAg07AW

E5NmyCZUcAQdxAI

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Just to be clear, so far it's a beta with just the first area, which should be a few hours of gameplay and a shitton of text. They are working on the rest of the game still.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
this may be exciting but this isn't nearly as good as the first game

Saduj

Arcane
I hope this one continues the gag where somewhere around 90% of quest givers betray you and force you to kill them. And they'd do this despite the fact that the quest usually involved you killing a person or people who had the quest giver terrified.

At least I assumed that was a running joke.

Edit: I think I found an error in the translation already. The bio says Hartman has "European facial features" but the character model is unmistakably Russian looking.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Is the original the one with the...very politically incorrect depictions of certain groups of people? Because I'm sure I need to understand the deep story of the prequel to this title before diving in and that game's something that slipped from my mind.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Planet Alcatraz 1 is quite a wild ride. Even has a

text to speech voiced Legion joke NPC.

8B5FCC18747ED519945EAA39A157C07C649B4A24

92A45B8BF4C49B9E8504547C5D86009AA5BC2EB6

Wunderbar

Arcane
Is that the Silent Storm engine?
no, that's Dawn of Magic engine (same one was later used in Fantasy Wars and King's Bounty reboot series).
I take the opportunity to ask an off-topic question. How's Dawn of Magic? Is it worth giving it a chance if I want to play a moderately decent Diablo clone?
been a while since i played it so I don't remember much.
It's kinda similar to Divine Divinity, in a sense that it's a Diablo clone where diabloclone elements were done badly (there's basically no endgame, no farming because enemies don't respawn, meh loot variety and systems), while legit RPG elements on the other hand were quite good. There's a rich and creative magic system where you can combo different spells Magicka-style, there's a ton of inventive sidequests (with a larian-esque humor and dumb popculture references), even non-combat skills like repair/haggle/etc.

deama

Prophet
Is that the Silent Storm engine?
no, that's Dawn of Magic engine (same one was later used in Fantasy Wars and King's Bounty reboot series).
I take the opportunity to ask an off-topic question. How's Dawn of Magic? Is it worth giving it a chance if I want to play a moderately decent Diablo clone?
I played it a few times, it's a decent ride.
The magic system is interesting but nothing ground breaking, there's just a lot of spells and some are interesting.
One of the main problems coming from more modern diablo clones are the hotkeys, everytime you want to use another spell you have to press the corresponding binded key, and then right click (or was it left?) instead of just clicking the hotkey, it can get quite annoying, I think I ended up making an authotkey script for it but it was a bit wonky cause of how old the game was.

The sequel sucks, don't play it.

The actual dawn of magic 1 game is kinda hard to find these days, at least it was for me a few years back, at least the english version, the russian one is probably easy enough to find. You can message me if you can't find the english translation.

Saduj

Arcane
Because I'm sure I need to understand the deep story of the prequel to this title before diving in and that game's something that slipped from my mind.

It has been a while. I may be wrong on a detail or two. But this is basically it:

Squad of five elite soldiers is sent to a prison planet to investigate a possible escape attempt. Their ship is mysteriously destroyed in orbit. Squad uses escape pods and crash lands on the planet. Each man is separated and unarmed. Boar (the PC) works with undercover contact Blackie to find/rescue three of his squad mates. Squad finds pod containing their weapon/armor cache, takes down the faction that was planning an escape and uses the ship that was being built to escape. Their seargent, Hartman, was never found. Sequel is Hartman’s story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom