Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by nikolokolus, Jan 21, 2015.

1. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Show Spoiler
    Of particular interest to you, I also made "read magic" a class ability instead of a spell.

^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Halp niko (open)
    Is okay, will likely offer suggestions as I play with it more.

EDIT: What happened to the Barbarian attacking his own teammates if he fails the throw to end his berserker state?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    ^ Top  
  3. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Show Spoiler
    I removed it. I think it makes using the ability too punishing and maybe not that much fun to use?

^ Top  
  4. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Show Spoiler
    Looks alright to me.

In Keltic, "I'm not sure how you got past our companions, but you will pay if you harmed them."

^ Top  
  5. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    "Stranger, I'd suggest we talk this out - you're severely outnumbered." Marcán pipes in, also in Keltic.

^ Top  
  6. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    This should be interesting, depending on the additional language Wayward Son picks for his character :)

^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Borric raises his hands, palms outward in a gesture signifying peace, while planting his feet on the ground firmly, to kick if needed.

^ Top  
  8. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    A moment later Urash pokes his head into the room from the chimney. He looks a little flustered.

^ Top  
  9. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Mab says in Pictish, "I am not here to harm, I offered to help some of your friends in this venture, amoralistic though it is, and going against the way I was raised in return for some information and physical help and possibly protection in the near future." He gulps and adds, "Please don't kill me..."
    Show Spoiler

Btw, as far as my languages go, if Mab says something, it is from now on, in Pictish unless labeled otherwise. His common is not fluent, but enough to say things like "spear", "ouchey, that hurt" and "Oh dear god I'm burning alive"

^ Top  
  10. Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Learned

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd
    Cormac shakes his head. "I would say this is probably one of the worst tombs I have been to. It seems anyone can walk right in with little to no problem."

^ Top  
  11. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Mab sighs and gets ready for combat, although not overtly. He says in common, "I don't shoe you. People know see me. I friend. Feel me you will." It can be easily told that he only has a small grasp of what he is saying, as he stutters constantly, but at the end, he looks proud, like his mistakes were an accomplishment. He realizes they had spoken Keltic now, and with a sigh of relief that his head will stay on his shoulders for five more minutes, says, "I have harmed no one. Your friends are alright. I am going to help you in return for information and the possibility of protection."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    ^ Top  
  12. L'ennui Magister

L'ennui
    Urash heaves himself into the room and adds:

"If I may interject, this fellow was definitely not trying to be sneaky when he passed through the room with the runes. He does not seem hostile..."

Urash turns to the new arrival and continues: "... though I am curious, stranger, as to what kind of protection and information you wish from this group?"

^ Top  
  13. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Mab turns to Urash, "I am searching for the Drune Eogan. The people out there told me he was banished or something of the sort. I was sent by the High Drune of Morrighan. He sent me to give Eogan some information on attacks by some of Morrighan's servants. I was to deliver my message and return. So, I need to know where Eogan is, wish to know what his crimes were, and lastly, require protection while delivering my message. I saw your men outside and... well, you people looked far stronger than me, and I figured I could use your help?"

^ Top  
  14. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Rhenmyr relaxes his stance somewhat and replies in Keltic. "Perhaps we can be of service to each other if you can set our minds at ease. Who did you say you met? Urash, you heard no sounds of combat from outside?"

^ Top  
  15. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    "I believe I heard one of the others be referred to as... Fidach? Yes, I believe it was Fidach."

^ Top  
  16. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Rhenmyr relaxes further. "I know nothing of a 'Drune Eogan' but I think most crimes in these parts were committed by Talorc and his cronies. I'd wager the Blaidd Mawr's return is their doing. Which is why we are here seeking the instrument of its defeat in times past."

^ Top  
  17. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    "Well, then. I'll help you with this fetching task. I was to request this man's help with discovering the cause of the revolt of Morrighan's servants. Our tasks may coincide." He looks like he has something else he wanted to say, but decided not to. He says, "So, where in here do we need to go?"

^ Top  
  18. Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Learned

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd
    "Morrighan? Who is that, and should we be concerned about them?"

^ Top  
  19. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    "Oh, she's only a shape shifting wolf spirit that may or may not be related to this Blaid Mawr business and may or may not be involved with me no longer living in my birth village."

^ Top  
  20. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Rhenmyr swears under his breath. "We have reason to believe the prisoner at the entrance is more wolf than he appears. As for where we need to go, if this is Ulfheonar and his spear, we need go no further."

^ Top  
  21. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Marcán sighs a bit. "Yes, and I don't suppose you would know if this is trapped in any way would you?"

^ Top  
  22. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    A quick word on The Morrighan: (open)
    In Keltic myth they are triad of sister goddesses of war, fate and terror: Babd, Macha and Nemain. Each are often associated with the crow, horse and wolf respectively. These are the spirits who portend war, snatch the souls of the dead from the battlefield and convey them to Otherworld (Annwn) where Arawn rules.

Pictish traditions are slightly different. To them Morrighan is a singular entity - a shape-shifting spirit of fate. In either case Blaidd Mawr is supposedly a servant of The Morrighan in all of the legends you Kelts and Picts grew up with. -- In particular Blaidd Mawr is a spirit of Otherworld sent to punish evil doers.

^ Top  
  23. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Show Spoiler
    Thanks for that little bit of extra.

^ Top  
  24. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    OOC (open)
    Great. We're on the wrong side, or someone's corrupted Blaidd Mawr for their own purposes.

^ Top  
  25. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Show Spoiler
    No really! It actually might be a
    Show Spoiler
    That's what I (and my character) was actually thinking, considering how he sent me off. (And the circumstances surrounding that. *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.