Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Despite being safe, I suggest we set a watch. Hyginos' peers may have sticky fingers." Rhenmyr says settling down to sleep.

nikolokolus

Arcane
(Perhaps surprisingly?) You think about setting a watch, you all briefly talk about it and then all promptly fall asleep from exhaustion.

Some time later - you have no idea how long without windows - you all awake feeling much refreshed. You look around bleary eyed and notice that all of your clothes are folded and neatly laid out on a table which you all quietly slip into. When you finish dressing you start to notice that the place seems completely deserted. Wandering into the hallway reveals empty rooms, including Father Innioros' study at the end of the long hallway. As you approach the building's exit a muffled noise, perhaps shouting, can be heard through the mud and wattle walls coming from outside.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Back from a weeks work of hiatus... Tests and studies and what-not.

"One day of peace... that's all I ask," Marcán grumbles. He tries to peek through the door to see what's going on outside.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Travel by ship. Plenty of peaceful days on the way here from Stygia. Or, I suppose, you could wait until your dead. That should be peaceful. See anything useful?" Rhenmyr asks.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán cracks the door open a hand's span and peeks outside. There appears to be quite a commotion, scores of people are streaming through the streets toward dockside shouting, cursing and hollering. The vibe is hard to pin down; angry, exultant, who knows?

About 10 feet from the door Father Inniros is standing impassively at the edge of the avenue with Janus at his side who is openly gawking with a weird look of excitement.

Siveon

Bot
"Looks to be, some kind of crowd? Maybe a fight - not sure. Doesn't seem dangerous though." Marcán opens the door and steps outside.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr shrugs and follows Marcán outside. "Might as well find out what is going on."

nikolokolus

Arcane
As you open the door and step on to the street Father Inniros and Janus turn to look at you. The Father nods and speaks, "Apparently the Seekers have caught their assassin . . . or at least they found somebody they can blame and proclaim their inquiry a success." He waves his hand at the manic stream of people trotting down the street. "Jackals! So eager to see a crucifixion. So eager for blood." He shakes his head wearily, turns around and heads for the door.

Janus remains at the edge of the street transfixed.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Do we look on as well, friends? I for one would scarce be surprised if 'twere the Thieving One they caught."

Siveon

Bot
"With our luck? Why, these 'Seekers' would probably put us all in shackles. Come on." Marcán inches toward the crowd trying to get a better look at the 'culprit'.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Yeah, this is a bad idea, but I'm curious who is to die. Hopefully we can avoid doing anything tremendously stupid in the process." Rhenmyr follows Marcán.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You push your way into the street you all strain to see what all of the fuss is about. From your vantage outside of the Mitraic shrine there's not much to see. Dozens of people seem to be streaming towards the dock however.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"You, Walking One, do you know who has been caught?" asks Borric of the nearest passerby.

nikolokolus

Arcane
A doughy faced workman pauses long enough to turn and shout at Borric excitedly. "Dunno, but dere's gonna be a judgment and execution!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The steady stream of excited townspeople is starting to thin a little as you stand near the shrine and look on. Janus eventually shrugs his shoulders and sighs heavily, "Well enough excitement for one day I suppose. Back to it." He then disappears into the low mud brick building and shuts the door quietly behind himself.

What are you doing?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"To the docks, friends, and stupidity!" Rhenmyr follows the crowds toward the docks and will check out the tower should the opportunity presents itself.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Following the stream of gawkers proves an easy task. a few minutes walk takes you down the avenue you traversed the night before. Rhenmyr notices a squat stone tower of black stone looming atop a small hill to the left about halfway to the dock - the place Hyginos mentioned as the mysterious abode of Koren Ghul the sorcerer. Eventually you come to an open square, hemmed in by warehouses and shipping offices a short distance from the piers. Pushing people aside takes some doing, but eventually you make your way to where you can see.

In the oppressive heat of the noonday sun, in the middle of the square, you see three very thin, very tall men in black hooded masks. Each of them is wearing the soot-black, fuligin cloaks of Imperial Commorium's inquisitors, torturers and executioners - the Seekers of Truth and Penitence. Each carries a massive two-handed sword over a shoulder and between two of the men, leashed by rope, is a familiar face. it's the footpad Nightingale, bound in full stocks. Her face is bruised and bloodied and she is kneeling on the filthy cobbles with her head down. A few watchmen stand at the edge of the square with their spears held in front of them like staves, attempting to keep the crowd from pressing in too close.

The one Seeker not occupied with holding Nightingale's binds, is standing off to the side a little nearer to the crowd, moving his head back and forth slightly as if he's looking for something.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Wonderful" Rhenmyr says quietly. "Do we play it smart, wait for a chance to do something cleverly stupid, or jump straight to the tremendously stupid?"

Siveon

Bot
"Well, I at least want to see if they're gonna pull any theatrics - more likely than not they're looking for us or her friends." Marcán whispers. "Speaking of stupid decisions, Ker, you're able enough to get us a bit of fire right? I may need you to lob one to scare off the crowd. After that, I figure me, Borric and Sokrates charge the fellows and... Rhenmyr, you could pick off that one looking amongst the crowd. How does that sound to anyone? It sounds insane to me, but I'm not too keen on letting that youngin' die just yet."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom