Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
A short while later Ker finishes his incantation and faerie fire envelops one of the seekers. People around Ker recoil in horror, fearful of the weird alien syllables. Frantically they push back and shortly thereafter a stampede starts as a wave of fear grips the crowd. People being running in all directions and screaming.

The Seeker does not react much to the flickering, heatless flame though. However, he does raise his hand and begins making weird gestures and you can hear him faintly intoning what you assume to be the start of some sort of spell. The other Seeker holding Nightingale throws her to the ground and loops the rope that leashes her to a post near the fountain. The one who appears to be their leader stands impassive in the frantically running people and also begins waving a hand in elaborate gestures focusing his attention on Ker.

Roll for initiative.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I thought it would be just mumbling and relatively discrete, I'd have done it from farther away if not :-/

The Seekers probably didn't hear you cast your spell, but the people around you most definitely would have heard something, especially since people are practically packed in shoulder to shoulder. They are reacting to the people around you in all likelihood. Sorry :-/

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I thought it would be just mumbling and relatively discrete, I'd have done it from farther away if not :-/

The Seekers probably didn't hear you cast your spell, but the people around you most definitely would have heard something, especially since people are practically packed in shoulder to shoulder. They are reacting to the people around you in all likelihood. Sorry :-/
No problem bro, Ker just ain't used to casting in public and thought he'd need to chant louder than the ambiant noise

nikolokolus

Arcane
Actually the whole notion of priestly magic is being loud and bold. You are calling down the power of your god. You sort of need to make yourself heard if you know what I mean.

nikolokolus

Arcane
My call to explain the chanting goes unheeded. :negative:

Initiative [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

Your idea was a good one, but what Marcán actually said came out more like a rebuke of the Seekers rather than what you had implied. Plus with all of the chatter, murmuring and confusion created by Borric making it rain it's hard to say if most people caught more than a snippet of his speech.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Your idea was a good one, but what Marcán actually said came out more like a rebuke of the Seekers rather than what you had implied. Plus with all of the chatter, murmuring and confusion created by Borric making it rain it's hard to say if most people caught more than a snippet of his speech.

Oh well. We'll see what happens. Will our new player be joining us soon? It'd be nice to get TPK'd together.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Initiative: [1d6] = 5

So if I start doing my epic battle poetry to demoralize our Seeker friends, do they make a saving throw or is it just a guaranteed debuff?

There's no save against Bardic Poetics - flat -1 to attacks and saves starting on the third round of continuous insults and emasculation. The only caveat is that the subject must have ears with which to hear and a silence spell would nullify the effect if cast during those first two rounds while you are making 'yo mama' and 'small penis' limericks at their expense.

Guards and Seekers' initiative roll:
[1d6] = 3
Sokrates' initiative
[1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

I'll post an updated map once I get home from work today.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Initiative Order:
Borric - 6
Marcán - 5
Rhenmyr - 5
Ker Gwez - 5
Sokrates - 3

Foes - 3

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
When the seeker erupts in Faerie Fire, Rhenmyr yells. "The true murderer is revealed! The gods reveal that seeker's unholy aura! It burns with the flames of Hades!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry guise. I got a little swamped and had to bring home some work. I'll have time tomorrow to screencap a new map and upload it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Not gonna lie. I'm fucking swamped with work. It's going to be Sunday at the earliest before I can do the upcoming showdown any justice. Sorry guise.

nikolokolus

Arcane
FYI, my PC just went tits up so I'm stuck either using my phone or a very antiquated netbook which means no access to my map making software and image editing tools. There's no telling how long it will take to get this fixed, hopefully by today but I doubt it.

Yay.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
That sucks! Ruined my day week extended period of time when my last computer died. Hope you have better luck!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The anticipation may be killing me. Or perhaps that's just the bacon.

Ah well, more power to ya. Hope you get everything settled out while I work on my poetry skills.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sadly its my motherboard, so turnaround is going to be over a week probably. At least it's under warranty, but I'm proper fucked for now.

I'll post an update when things change.

nikolokolus

Arcane
It's alive. I've been reinstalling and restoring files. If everything goes well I should have all of my mapping tools restored some time tonight. We'll see. My most recent backup didn't include some important files.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Argh! For some reason campaign cartographer is giving me problems when I try to install it. The City and Dungeon designer extensions aren't registering. I guess that's my long way of saying, I'm close, but not as close as I'd like. Thanks for the patience guys.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Back in the saddle. Unfortunately I lost my old map, but I like the new one better anyway since I think it does a better job of capturing the scale (the old one had streets that were way too wide). Anyway, let's get it on!

People around Ker are scrambling to get away from him. They run wildly into people who likely have no idea what is happening, but the panicked shouts and palpable fear takes its effect as the mob breaks under the strain.

All of your actions caused a reshuffling of your positions. The crush of the crowd fleeing from Ker's vicinity made Marcán's flight to the east nearly impossible, but he is still in the throng as are Borric and Rhenmyr. Sokrates doesn't appear to have budged and he is very near one of the guards.

List your actions as you see fit. I'll put them in the proper order based on your initiative roll here

ckxYzcg.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom