Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Indeed I also believe our choice is clear. We're staying here. We could hear the madame out on the other hand, maybe our goal are entwined after all."

6-9pm GMT-8 means Midnight-3am here, sorry bro but even 2am is a bit too late for me...

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Thursday and Friday afternoon/nights I'm free. The rest of the week anytime after 1:30 AM Central (UTC-6) I'm free too. Not terribly convenient for anyone else, I imagine.

"Sounds like we should hear out the lady's favor, but the majority doesn't want to leave yet. What is our plan for not getting caught while we stay? We can't impose on the good father."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cool, but I know nothing about The Elder Scrolls though, at least to where Skyrim stands (I haven't put more than 30 hours into it at most). I've played some Morrowind and some Oblivion, but I can't say that I would be all that familiar. I'm still very much interested though, for anytime in the afternoon or weekends. Consider myself a dedicated player, you're a great GM man! :salute:

I've also wanted to try out Cyberpunk 2020 so I'm game with that too.

Awesome!

Don't worry too much about being an expert on the games, the main things is that you get the general beats:
  • Imperials=Romans and are huge dicks.
  • Nords=Vikings and they are arrogant dicks.
  • Bretons=Irish/Welsh/Fae and are scholarly dicks.
  • High Elves are just the worst - literally the biggest dicks in the world.
  • Wood Elves are also dicks and do whatever the High Elves want them to.
  • Dunmer are dicks and won't do what anybody wants them to.
  • Orcs used to be elves until their god got swallowed whole by a Daedra (demon) and shat out, thus they are not dicks but shits.
  • Redgaurd's are desert dwelling, warlike and nomadic (also they are probably dicks too).
  • Then you've got kitty cat people and lizard people (most definitely dicks).

On a more serious note, this is what you want: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Indeed I also believe our choice is clear. We're staying here. We could hear the madame out on the other hand, maybe our goal are entwined after all."

6-9pm GMT-8 means Midnight-3am here, sorry bro but even 2am is a bit too late for me...
Understood. Sorry it doesn't work.

Thursday and Friday afternoon/nights I'm free. The rest of the week anytime after 1:30 AM Central (UTC-6) I'm free too. Not terribly convenient for anyone else, I imagine.
Hmmm ... we'll have to see; there might be a chance we can juggle times. I'll keep you posted.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So ... perhaps ERYFKRAD missed it because I put the message in side a spoiler tag, but I'd really prefer if everyone gives their in-character opinion about what you all do next before I jump in and advance events. Even if he doesn't jump in, it sounds like you all haven't quite made up your mind yet. In game time you've got about five more minutes before the masked woman is going to come back looking for an answer.

Also everyone gets 250XP, I went back and did a little reevaluation of everything that's happened so far and I think this puts you all just about where I think you should be.

Updated totals:
Marcán 1293
Sokrates 1351
Borric 1372
Ker 1351
Rhenmyr 1350

I'm anxious to see what decision you all make!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
ERYFKRAD has been AWOL since Monday.
Yay! More exp just before our terrible sense of self preservation kills the lot of us! We've got 3 votes to stay without a firm plan to survive in town. Good stuff.

"Unless our good Kurgan has a better suggestion, I say we try the wizard's tower as our plan A with the Sink as plan B. Perhaps the masked lady will provide aid toward those options rather than evacuating us."

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD has been AWOL since Monday.
Yay! More exp just before our terrible sense of self preservation kills the lot of us! We've got 3 votes to stay without a firm plan to survive in town. Good stuff.

"Unless our good Kurgan has a better suggestion, I say we try the wizard's tower as our plan A with the Sink as plan B. Perhaps the masked lady will provide aid toward those options rather than evacuating us."

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I didn't think to check his username. With that said, we'll move forward without his input since, as you said, we've got three votes (for some reason I misread Ker's response).

Borric shrugs noncommittally, and Sokrates seems distracted by the unconscious form of Nightingale (aka Oofa) as Rhemnyr, Marcán and Ker settle the matter and resolve to tough it out in the city.

Several minutes pass and finally there is a light rap at the door before it opens a second later. The woman in the porcelain mask and red diaphanous silks steps through and crosses her arms under her ample breasts and says plainly, "Well, have you decided to exercise wisdom and accept my offer or have you chosen folly?"

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Folly. I don't think they can get rid of us just yet, miss. But, if you don't mind, may I ask you a few questions before you kick us out?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
"You say you have questions, and I'll permit you to ask, but I have questions for you as well." The woman shakes her head lightly. "Perhaps I'm giving you too little credit? But I wonder, do you even know what you've gotten yourself into here?" She inclines her head towards Oofa. "What do you think our little bird was doing last night?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"It seemed like she had stolen from the aristocracy. Did she commit some folly greater than ours?"

Siveon

Bot
"Surely you're aren't saying she killed over 20 men, including the Optimate?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
"It seemed like she had stolen from the aristocracy. Did she commit some folly greater than ours?"

"Folly? No. She had a job to complete and she did it. It's just too bad she got herself caught. What I can't quite figure out is how those Seekers could have possibly known it was her? No one should have even noticed the Optimate's demise until sometime this morning and it should have looked like an accident. In fact, I'm very eager for our little bird to wake so I can ask her some very important questions. I've called a physik to come and look at her and hopefully revive her soon."

"Surely you're aren't saying she killed over 20 men, including the Optimate?"

"That debacle wasn't us." She says with distaste. "We were called in to clean it up . . ." Suddenly she goes stock still, then turns and begins to mutter and pace the floor. "Too neat. Too tidy! Too easy!" She suddenly reaches out and grabs an empty wine bottle from a nearby and table and hurls it against the wall, shattering it and lets out a sharp yell. "Of course! That double-crossing sonofabitch! I'll have his eyes for this! I'll carve out his spleen and feed it to his dogs! I should have known!!"

Siveon

Bot
"Let's calm down a bit miss." Marcán walks toward the lady, slowly. "The last thing you need is to get hysterical in such fragile times. So, this 'double-crosser'. I don't know the full story, but I gather he was a colleague of yours? The one who called for you in the first place? What purpose would he have in doing this, in having someone take the fall for these charge? Especially when you yourself were going to clean it up in the first place."

nikolokolus

Arcane
As you approach you notice that the woman's hand is trembling slightly. Rage? Fear? You have no idea.

"You have to leave now! . . . we all have to leave to now! I don't have time to explain it." She turns and yells through the door, "Give them their things!" She then hurriedly moves over to Oofa and picks up her limp form and throws her over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

Two of the brutes come through the door with the cloak that Ampelios had wrapped your weapons inside of, "Mistress?" one of them says uncertainly.

"You heard me! Get them out of here! Use the back door and put them in the alley if you have to but we have to move quickly, we're in 'Black,' pass it along and do it now!"

The guard's eyes widen, "Black?!" He nods vigorously before tossing the bundle of weapons in the center of the floor. "Gather your things quickly and follow me," he says urgently to all of you.

Siveon

Bot
"Well, alright." Marcán looks toward the rest of the group and shrugs.

He grabs all of his things as fast as his hands could move and follows the guard.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Retrieving his weapons Rhenmyr comments, "Seems we're not alone in the deep shit in which we find ourselves. It's good to have company. More hands to shovel."
Following the guard he asks, "How much worse would things be if you were 'in puce?'"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Ah well, travelling with you lot is not boring, at the very least."
Sorry bros, I'm at uni and the internet here filters access to prestigious magazines, and tor just gets me ip banned. I'll join in however else I can, though. That said, I'd have just grunted in character anyway.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The thug wrinkles his nose at Rhenmyr's last sentence, "Poose?" What Stygian word is that?" He then shoos everyone into the hallway. You look down to your right and you can just make out the masked lady with Oofa slung over her shoulder before she rounds a corner, the guard waves his hand hurriedly to the left. "Move dogs!" He quickly corrals you into the corridor and hustles you along. After a couple of twists and turns you come to a flight of stairs with a closed black door at the top. he leaps up the steps three at a time and carefully turns the handle and puts his eye up to the crack for several seconds. Seemingly satisfied, he pushes it open and steps through motioning you all to follow. Before you can react you all hear an ear splitting woman's scream filter through the floorboards.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"By the horns of Cernunnos! What's going on? What's this "black" your mistress mentioned?"

Before the man ascends the stairs he spares Ker a brief glance. "Black, as in done. Our cover is blown and it's time to scatter and go to ground. I don't know why, but I don't get paid to question."

Siveon

Bot
Is the area constructed in such a way where I would simply have to go back down those stairs to find where the scream came from?

nikolokolus

Arcane
The scream most definitely came from above, but its exact distance and direction is hard to pin down (roll a wisdom check against 3d6 to determine what you can make of it).

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
All of us, or just Rhenmyr?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom