Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Not seeing any immediate threat beyond the burnt doorway, Rhenmyr moves to inspect the metal door across from him. (He moves cautiously testing the floor with his spear.)

nikolokolus

Arcane
To your surprise the door bears no signs of the intense flames that must have ripped through this room; unlike the other bronze door set into the central pillar it isn't the least bit scorched or damaged. Closer examination reveals cryptic symbols and runes embossed all over its surface. As you approach you sense a faint humming noise and the door almost seems to vibrate.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr checks the door for a lock and the area around the door for potential hidden switches and the like that might open the door. He stays alert for any changes in the humming as he searches and stops if it alters significantly.

Do I recognize any of the symbols/runes? Does Borric sense any danger? Where is doggy and is he reacting at all?

nikolokolus

Arcane
The door is held in place with a simple latch. Borric squints and goes very still for about a minute seemingly lost in deep concentration.
Borric's Sense Danger roll [1d20] = 19 vs. 14
He looks up, shakes his head and shrugs, "Is nothing wrong, I am being sure."
FYI, we have a new player joining the game . . . you might want to check this door *cough, cough* ahem ;)

nikolokolus

Arcane
The door swings out easily and noiselessly, within you see a small alcove flooded with soft blue light. To your dismay, suspended in the air is a man held up by some unseen force, bobbing gently up and down as the air rushes in from the outer chamber. His eyes are closed and his arms are held in front of him as if were warding off some bright light and when Marcán pokes his head into to take a peek he instantly recognizes him. This man is Cormac Fionghall, your second cousin on your father's side - an acolyte of the god Arawn who went missing about six months back.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Welcome my cousin to the game. He just started an account so unfortunately his posts are going to be moderated at first, so it might create a bit of a delay in his replies showing up.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Huh. You don't see that every day. How do you suppose we wake him up?"
Rhenmyr looks for any clues in the alcove.

Welcome! What's with Marcán's family disappearing? Brother, father, and now cousin. Some kind of curse or something, mayhaps. Or maybe they're hiding from Marcán. Hmm.
Oh, by the way. My schedule has changed. I'm now free (for the time being anyway) Saturday and Sundays provided I know ahead of time so I don't pick up extra hours.

We need to OP updated for the character sheet.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Huh. You don't see that every day. How do you suppose we wake him up?"
Rhenmyr looks for any clues in the alcove.

Welcome! What's with Marcán's family disappearing? Brother, father, and now cousin. Some kind of curse or something, mayhaps. Or maybe they're hiding from Marcán. Hmm.
Oh, by the way. My schedule has changed. I'm now free (for the time being anyway) Saturday and Sundays provided I know ahead of time so I don't pick up extra hours.

Ah that's great news! Three players (my cousin would be the other) would be just about perfect. My hope is to get the Magic World game off the ground in the next couple of weeks (god willing); things are going to be a little touch and go since I'm selling my house and moving on the 22nd of August, but I don't foresee too many problems. I'll have my computer setup in our new place that weekend with internet.

Funnily enough I didn't plan to make him related to Marcán, my cousin randomly generated a name and it came back as Fionghall, and since he's a Kelt it instantly got the gears turning. But it should put some more pieces in place to the mystery of the missing father and brother (hopefully).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
More clues to anything would be nice. What with shady Zelkor set to receive comatose beggars and his story not matching the hut keepers.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"This day just keeps getting better and better."
How high up is Cormac? Could I just simply pull him down?

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán looks into the room and begins evaluating how to get the fellow down, his feet are about three feet off the ground, so he doesn't appear to be all that difficult to pull down, but you notice a faint shimmer and warp of the light, it reminds of you of the surface of a a soap bubble and it seems to be surrounding Cormac about a foot away from his body.

Siveon

Bot
Marcán touches the surface of the 'bubble'. Should nothing happen, he looks around the around the room for something that might get him down. A switch, something glowing, or just any indentation that might elude to being some kind of contraption."Is anyone experienced with floating-in-the-air-magic? I have to say I'm a bit out of my element."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The thin transluscent surface collapses when touched, freezing cold shards blast out (Marcán needs to make a saving throw or he takes 1d3 points of freezing damage).

Cormac falls heavily to the floor and grunts as the wind gets knocked out of him, but he looks no worse for wear.

Here's where I guess we wait for my cousin's posts to get approved? :/

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"So you know this fellow? Cormac. I'll check the room while you get him on his feet. I've got carrots if he hungry. He been in here for six months..." Rhenmyr carefully checks the alcove for anything of value or use while Cormac comes around.

Cormac lays on the ground for a few seconds with his eyes closed. Opens his eyes, straining to see what's in front of him and weakly speaks. "Marcán? Is that you? What's going on?" Cormac attempts to stand, confused at seeing his cousin.

Hey everyone. It's nice to meet you all. This is my first play by post game, but it looks like fun.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Be careful Marcan, you could have killed him! Cornac? We thought you long gone! What happened to you?"
Ker checks his body for wounds and anything out of place around here.

Siveon

Bot
"Oh, don't be such a doting mother, Ker. That bubble was more of a nuisance to us than to him."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"What's going on? He asks. That's a very good question coming from a guy in a six month sealed, burnt out wizards tower." Rhenmyr quips while searching the alcove for loot.

nikolokolus

Arcane
While Cormac gathers his wits and tries to orient himself, you notice that the dog has turned his attention to somewhere outside the alcove and has his ears laid back flat and his hackles are standing on end.

"Six months! Just a few moments ago I was fleeing, uh, I mean putting up a valiant fight against one of Khoren Ghul's apprentices." Cormac stands, and dusts off his "imposing" 5'4" 110lb frame. "Ker, it's good to see you here also!"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Crap, Doggie doesn't like something. I wonder who or what is trying to kill us now!" Rhenmyr preps his shield and axe and moves to investigate. "Please tell me Koren Ghul isn't evil. Stygia is too far away and it's too damn cold up here for him to be evil."

edited to account for Cormac's magically appearing comment.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr tip-toes through the burned out rubble of the ground floor, skirts past the central pillar of the tower and stands stock still, listening intently. A shuffling, skittering sound is filtering down from the set of stairs that lead upward, but you see nothing at the edge of your torch's quavery orange light.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom