Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Wayward Son and L'ennui Let me know if you might be interested in the game I've got in a planning stage. There's no pressure to participate, but I figure I'd extend the invitation.

Next Chapter:
At this point it looks like we're doing a sci-fi campaign. Ostensibly it'll be set in Vance's Gaean Reach on a planet that is somewhat isolated from from other worlds (ERYFKRAD more Planet Adventure or Emphyrio than Demon Princes if you get my meaning), but alien contact will play a part in the planet's politics and built-in conflicts. I'm strongly leaning towards using BRP mostly because it's familiar and easy (pretty much similar to Magic World) with the Swords of Cydoria setting as a base; a really rich setting book for BRP (kind of a Sword and Planet milieu with airships, lasers, swords, barbarian tribes and high tech aliens and artifacts. Think E.R. Burroughs, meets Gene Wolf, with a little bit of Dark Sun/Dying Earth vibe). All rules and necessary materials will be provided. This time around I think we'll skip unseenservant and use Roll20 for both character sheets and dice rolling, text and roleplay will be done here on the Codex. Style of play is up to you guys (exploration, politics, etc. I thought about doing a pure West Marches, drop-in, drop-out style game, but I think it would be kind of rough in a PbP format. TBD.

I'm down for almost anything. Hell, I used to play Palladium games...

I have no knowlege of the setting, so I will have to read up on it.

There is one major issue for me dumping unseen servant for roll20. When I travel I post and roll on my phone. I usually don't take a personal laptop, and I'm not going to visit the codex on a government laptop for a multitude of reasons.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ah, I only use a web browser to log in to Roll20, so I didn't know the app sucks. That's good to know. If its a problem then we'll go with old reliable: Unseenservant and PDF character sheets. Cool?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I noticed I couldn't pull up the game via my phone without throwing them some coin. Didn't know about the app. Too bad it apparently sucks. I bet several (if not all) of us would have died in that last battle if Unseenservant had its way.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I noticed I couldn't pull up the game via my phone without throwing them some coin. Didn't know about the app. Too bad it apparently sucks. I bet several (if not all) of us would have died in that last battle if Unseenservant had its way.
All. Of. This!

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Roll20 is great with what seems to be pretty fair RNG in my experience. The main problem is as stated, the mobile site and app are absolute garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom