Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Player Limit

How to split?

• Island - Continent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newbs - Veterans

• Stop accepting new people

• Other

• Total voters

Humanophage

Arcane
http://terrabellica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=811
Admin said:
Maximum number of clan members from now on is 20 + 5 * level of the clan

It is unlikely that we'll reach level 2 any time soon. However, we have over 25 players and might have more. The only apparent solution would be to create a subsidiary clan. The question is, along what lines are we going to divide the clan?

The most obvious way would be to make one clan for the island and one for the continent. However, I dislike the way it slices up our communication and coordination. Also, we'll have about 30 members in total either way, unless the Codex starts joining more actively. In order to compensate for all that, we'll have to switch most of our activity to this forum and to finally create a Skype channel.

Alternatively, we could have a veteran clan and a newbie clan, or a peace and a war clan.

What do you think we should do? Let's brainstorm this.

Katana_LOL

Educated
Well we need to figue out a way to attack or some how remove inq first imo, he is a major thorn in our side.
but this idea about the clan member limit is fucking retarded!
why include clans ect if you are going to add a limit, what happens with treaties when we have to start a 2nd clan, i think they didnt fully think this through

Fens

Ford of the Llies
am i being paranoid again or is this aimed at WN specifically ?

if we have to split, i'd prefer the oldfart/newfag split with the newb-clan staying out of potential wars (apart from providing cheap materials)

Humanophage

Arcane
Nah, the same limit was introduced in the non-English version. The trouble with the newb clan is that there won't be enough players to demonstrate activity and teach them how to play.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
some experienced players should lead the newb section... worked rather well in another browser game i played... there might even be a promotion involved if there's a free spot in the main clan

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
We don't really have a lot of options here. If we split the clan geographically we might lose some coordination, but if we split it by experience, we're leaving vulnerable newbies without a guide. I don't think that "war clan-peace clan" idea might work either, since most of us are more than eager to test ourselves in battle.

I believe the first option is the least of all evils, so unless somebody figures out a better solution, I vote we create 2 clans on separate continents.

Tycn

Savant
If we split based on experience I wouldn't mind helping out in the newbie clan. Not sure whether that or island/peninsulas is the way to go, however.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I have some questions.

1. How do Clans level up? Is it monetary? Tokens?

2. How do Tokens factor into development. Are they merely a count of Arena attendance/participation, or is there a secondary utility for them?

I would also like to throw my hat in to help a second clan with experience and guidance.

Edit: Nvm, I read the announcement page.

25000 tokens to get to level 2

Is there a way ingame that lets you know about the Tokens, or is it time for Arithmetic?

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Individual player Tokens are shown on his encyclopedia page (you can just browse through the "Clan Members page if you're interested in our own clan).

If you want to know how many tokens we have as a clan, it's right here .

We've got 5029 Tokens at the moment, 20000 to go.

Humanophage

Arcane
Well, we're not in a great hurry as long as no new players join us.

We could have some sort of a mixed geography/experience variant. We could take an area that is likely to get settled, like the north of 18, add to it a couple of neighbouring experienced players (Shannow and Tycn maybe, since they're close) and make it into a clan. The trouble is, the people in the newbie clan won't be able to walk through our lands properly or be on the arena.

Oh well, let's postpone this :)

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Humanophage said:
Well, we're not in a great hurry as long as no new players join us.

We could have some sort of a mixed geography/experience variant. We could take an area that is likely to get settled, like the north of 18, add to it a couple of neighbouring experienced players (Shannow and Tycn maybe, since they're close) and make it into a clan. The trouble is, the people in the newbie clan won't be able to walk through our lands properly or be on the arena.

Oh well, let's postpone this :)

Surely allies will be allowed access to our lands, at least until we can absorb the remainder.

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
Ah! Thoughts flowing into my mind! Thoughts of grandeur! Thoughts of secession!

A southerner can dream.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom