Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Damsels, Adventurers, and Dragons Myths of Malignost Long Term Campaign

Stella Brando

Arcane
2-10a_01.png

Damn, I hoped Bethesda's Starfield would give us something new.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Alex, mastroego, and smaug please log into the Discord server at your soonest convenience as the first draft is done and ready to be downloaded. There is also a vote for the temporary cover. Any and all feedback on the rules are needed ASAP so I can make changes before the game starts on the 15th. Thank ya. :)

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I switched to a different table because JarlFrank was having trouble connecting to the other one.

I made up the art for all the gods and goddesses in Stable Diffusion. There are a lot of great ones, so choosing the right art for each god will be difficult. Here's an example for the goddess Kullata.

Kullata 10.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
JamesDixon
I'm asking you here,as you requested.
Can you elaborate on the union between the deities and the races spawned from these unions?

I'd be more than happy to.

In the beginning, Malignost fled from the terrors of the deep out in the galaxy. He ran to a remote corner of empty space and created the solar system Malignost. Malignost made a planet specifically for him that was the center of the solar system. Over time, Arwia, a true neutral goddess, entered the system for the same reasons and struck up a deal with Malignost to live in harmony with each other. Arwia settled on the second planet that she named after herself. They created the Annunaki to be their servants without free will.

Years passed until Iltani, a chaotic evil goddess, appeared in the solar system. She was running from the terrors of the deep also. Malignost agreed to let her stay and let her choose the fourth planet as her home. It ended up being named after herself. She wanted to have servants like Arwia and Malignost had, so she asked Malignost to help her to create some. He agreed and the Gallu were born like the Annunaki without a freewill.

All three of them decided that they should have children born of them to share in the wonderfulness of the Malignost system. The following are the intermediate gods and their parents.

The children of Malignost and Arwia are Zur-Sin, Ellat-gulta, and Dalke. The children of Malignost and Iltani are Kullata, Nuresh, and Naplanu. Their children grew up and lamented that they didn't have spouses, so the three greater gods agreed to let Malignost to sleep with his daughters to produce the lesser gods. The lesser gods would then be the spouses of the greater and intermediate gods.

Malignost and Ellat-gulta's children are: Erishti-Aya, Atanah-ili, Namtar, and Umarusha.

Kullata and Malignost's children are: Milik-harbal, Belit, and Shamshu-Ditana.

Malignost and Dalke's children are: Izdubar and Avil kush.

They all married each other to form families of their own. They do not have children of their own just yet to make lower level gods.

The following is the list of the god couples and their alignments. I'll let you figure out their blood relations. :lol:

1. Malignost and Erishti-Aya (Lawful Good)
  2. Arwia and Namtar (True Neutral)
  3. IItani and Shamshu-Ditana (Chaotic Evil)
  4. Zur-Sin and Atanah-ili (Lawful Neutral)
  5. Kulatta and Milik-harbal (Lawful Evil)
  6. Ellat-gulta and Izdubar (Neutral Good)
  7. Nuresh and Belit (Neutral Evil)
  8. Dalke and Avil kush (Chaotic Good)
  9. Naplanu and Umarusha (Chaotic Neutral)

Now with the background out of the way here are the races and their parents that created them.

Awilu were created by Malignost and Erishti-Aya. They are technically the first born.

Èlaz were created by Iltani and Shamshu-Ditana.

Aliphians were created by Avil kush and Dalke.

Sisulu were created by Kullata and Milik-harbal.

Dumillu were created by Arwia and Namtar.

Kitharians were created by Ellat-gulta and Izdubar.

Gudu were created by Nuresh and Belit.

Gallu and Annunaki were given freewill as part of the plan to create more races. The two races declared war on each other to fight for their respective good and evil gods. Malignost was not pleased, so he threw them down to be just another race. He turned his back on the two which is why Awilu, man, are the first born.

The half breed races aren't born yet and will only be allowed once the Èlaz, Awilu, or Dumillu races find each other. A Sur-Èlaz is a pairing of an Èlaz and a Awilu or a Dumillu. Sur-Dumillu's are from the breeding of a Dumillu and an Èlaz or Awilu.

For those that have been keeping score, two god couples didn't create races. They are Zur-Sin with his wife Atanah-ili and Naplanu and his wife Umarusha. Zur-Sin and his wife just didn't have a desire to create a race of their own. Naplanu and his wife were naughty children and corrupted the arcane pools that are on Malignost's planet. Everything that touches one of these pools becomes mutated. That's how dragons and other mythical creatures are born. For punishment, Naplanu and Umarusha are imprisoned on the ninth planet Ennuĝ. Malignost turned the verdant world into a planet of fire.

Now back to the solar system. The planet in the center of it is the home of Malignost which shares his name. Due to the setting using celestial theology every god couple will share a planet of their own. Here's the planetary order of the system.

• Malignost
  • Arwia
  • Zur-Sin
  • Yellow Sun (Malignost I)
  • Iltani
  • Kullata
  • Blue Sun (Malignost II)
  • Ellat-gulta
  • Nuresh
  • Dalke
  • Ennuĝ
So that's the long and short of why the races in Malignost have alignments.

Last edited:

S.torch

Arbiter
I'm glad that two of the most autistic enthusiastic members of the codex animated to make their own thing! Hoping to see how you develop it.

Now, I don't know how JarlFrank is going to keep justifying that High Fantasy is not his favourite genre after this. :M

mastroego

Arcane
Well my friend I'm honored but I feel I have to say this: I wouldn't want to be the cause of Zed missing his game, either.
Do you have enough players for 2 groups?

As for the technical side, I've ordered the new PC online and the projection is 10 days average for delivery from the moment they verify the payment (which I hope will be tomorrow).
After that I'll have to install everything, adding a difficulty modifier because I never installed Win 10 before, switch lots of data and install programs again. I'll need some free time to do all of that which usually means a weekend.
What I'm saying is that availability within this month is unlikely.
If you can wait till the next, then it's probably doable. :)

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Well my friend I'm honored but I feel I have to say this: I wouldn't want to be the cause of Zed missing his game, either.
Do you have enough players for 2 groups?

As for the technical side, I've ordered the new PC online and the projection is 10 days average for delivery from the moment they verify the payment (which I hope will be tomorrow).
After that I'll have to install everything, adding a difficulty modifier because I never installed Win 10 before, switch lots of data and install programs again. I'll need some free time to do all of that which usually means a weekend.
What I'm saying is that availability within this month is unlikely.
If you can wait till the next, then it's probably doable. :)

I can find enough players for both groups. Thanks for the concern. :)

Well if you get onto Discord I can walk you through the install of your OS etc...

mastroego

Arcane
When the time comes, I probably will ;)
I'm preparing things with no hurry, since I have to wait. I just ordered a pen drive too to create a bootable Win 10, as soon as it gets there I'll tinker with that :D

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
When the time comes, I probably will ;)
I'm preparing things with no hurry, since I have to wait. I just ordered a pen drive too to create a bootable Win 10, as soon as it gets there I'll tinker with that :D
Did you pick up a copy of Win 10 Pro from [REDACTED]

Last edited by a moderator:

mastroego

Arcane
Not yet, I've downloaded the ISO though. Didn't have time to delve into that site, perhaps tomorrow

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom