Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Damsels, Adventurers, and Dragons Myths of Malignost Long Term Campaign

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I added the maps and a floor to the TTS game room. Here's what it looks like now.

20220920105114_1.jpg

20220920105131_1.jpg

0wca

Learned
Looks cool.

Do you guys have any slots free and does one need Tabletop Simulator to play?

If yes, which Saturdays do you play on specifically (tomorrow?)

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Looks cool.

I've got 2 slots free. The first Saturday it's scheduled for is October 1st. It may be pushed back because Alex has to vote in local elections. Yes, you will need TTS to play.

0wca

Learned
Looks cool.

I've got 2 slots free. The first Saturday it's scheduled for is October 1st. It may be pushed back because Alex has to vote in local elections. Yes, you will need TTS to play.
Ah. Thanks for the info.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I've been writing feverishly to get the rules to a playable state. I've completed the basic kingdom rules and I'm now working on the warfare section. The Kingdom Rules are similar to what was presented in the Birthright campaign set where the turn is three months long. Each month is an Action Round that the ruler can perform adventures, diplomacy, and so on. The leader of the group will be the leader of the kingdom and may hand out titles to the other party members. I'm using the title structure from Crusader Kings 2 where you have Barons, Counts, Dukes, Kings, and Emperors. Each county can have up to 9 baronies in it based upon the Tech Level. Counts and Dukes have a lot of freedom, but they are still limited by what their king/emperor allows. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

EDIT: A county has baronies that can be Castles, Cities, Temples, and Arcane Academies based upon the class of the founding character. These baronies are divided into specific sections for upgrades. Every one has a core building, walls, residential, craftsman, religious, arcane, stables, and aeries to be built and upgraded. Temple cities lack the religious district while Arcane Academies lack the Arcane district because those are their two core buildings.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I'm using the title structure from Crusader Kings 2 where you have Barons, Counts, Dukes, Kings, and Emperors
Isn't it a bit too early to be worrying about kingdoms at this stage?

Nope because one of the players will be the top ruler that is the one deciding how their civilization grows. One of the ruler actions that he can do is Technology Research. The entire setting as I envisioned is based upon the premise that the players are the Myths in the title of the setting. They are the movers and shakers which means that they should be the rulers using these type of rules. The game begins at the beginning of when creation is finished and goes up to the Age of Sail. There are Tech Levels corresponding to real Ages.

Tech Level 1: Stone Age
Tech Level 2: Bronze Age
Tech Level 3: Iron Age
Tech Level 4: Medieval Age
Tech Level 5: Age of Sail

There's a lot of tech that needs to be researched in order for the tech levels to change.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Since it is an AD&D setting,will there be traditional alignments? I see that deities have pretty important roles in the setting,so will there be a strong divide between Good and Evil as cosmic forces? Can we expect "grimdarkness" in the world? Crime,genocide,dark conspiracies and other nastiness?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Since it is an AD&D setting,will there be traditional alignments? I see that deities have pretty important roles in the setting,so will there be a strong divide between Good and Evil as cosmic forces? Can we expect "grimdarkness" in the world? Crime,genocide,dark conspiracies and other nastiness?

Yes, all nine alignments are there, including the societal alignments. The races are aligned into the Good/Neutral/Evil axis as they haven't been allowed to established their civilizations yet for Law/Neutral/Chaotic. There are 3 Greater Gods, 6 Intermediate Gods, and 9 Lesser Gods. The three greater gods are LG, TN, and CE. The highest god Malignost, procreated with the TN and CE goddesses. That's how the intermediate gods were born. Malignost then procreated with the intermediate gods to make the lesser gods. The gods paired off by alignment in marriage which is where they are at the start of the game.

The solar system has 9 planets with Malignost being the center. There are two suns in the solar system. Malignost, the god, created the planet Malignost as his home. The other couple gods each have a planet of their own as well. I went with celestial theology for this.

7 of the couples each created a player race of their own. The two couples that didn't create a race were upset that dad told them no, so they created arcane pools on the surface of Malignost. Said arcane pools can mutate anything that touches it which is the source of all mythical beasts in the world.

Back to cosmology, we decided to not have planes but rather an entire galaxy to allow us to create more settings to fit within the Myths setting. Let's just say that Malignost and the two great goddesses had a reason to be in this part of space.... I left a hook for unknown terrors of the deep....

As for grim darkness etc... That's up to the DM and the players at the table. You decide what style you want.

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
I seem to remember from your last rules release that there are still summons, and astral travel, and stuff :D
Planes are required my friend :love:
Let's just agree to agree :D

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I seem to remember from your last rules release that there are still summons, and astral travel, and stuff :D
Planes are required my friend :love:
Let's just agree to agree :D

LOL

:love:

Yes, but they're being summoned from planets and use astral travel to get to other planets. I find the planes to be a headache. Besides, this makes Myths unique in that it doesn't have the planes.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I was going to use an abstract battle system like Birthright has, but I decided against it. Instead, large battles will be resolved using a system similar to Battlesystem 2E. The advantages are that you can easily transfer player characters into it as heroes and the players can actually design their armies to a fine degree.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Zed Duke of Banville is being kind enough to use Stable Diffusion to generate pictures of the Malignost races. So far we have the Elaz, Dumillu, Aliphian, Annunaki, and Sisulu.

Aliphian Male.png

Aliphian Male

Aliphian-female.png

Aliphian Female

Annunaki Female 1.png

Annunaki Female

Annunaki Male 1.png

Annunaki Male

Dumillu Female.png

Dumillu Female

Dumillu Male.png

Dumillu Male

Elaz Female.png

Elaz Female

Elaz Male.png

Elaz Male

Sisulu Female.png

Sisulu Female

Sisulu Male.png

Sisulu Male

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Here's the final races.

Gallu Female.png

Gallu Female

Gallu Male.png

Gallu Male

Gudu Male.png

Gudu Male

It was impossible for me to generate a female minotaur, so you'll have to imagine them. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom