Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Players Wanted]Atomic Highway PnP RPG

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm looking for people wanting to play in a pen and paper Mad Max game using Atomic Highway. It would be the world of Mad Max, but will take place in the state of Missouri in the United States. The change of location is due to how Atomic Highway handles vehicle mounted weapons which are easier to come by in the US versus in Australia. The campaign will start on 1/1/1985, which is during the events of Mad Max.

The game will be run on Roll20. I also have a campaign set up on there, for people to have their characters listed and track the party's progress through the adventures.

I'd like for players to be within the US to easier coordinate the times we can meet, but I will make exceptions. The game session will be a once a week 2-3 hour session that will fit with everyone's schedule. I'm looking for 4-5 players at the max to play the game. A mic is a must and in this day and age everyone should have one.

Atomic Highway is a simple system to use that's reminiscent of WEG's Star Wars. You have 18 character points to spread between the attributes, pick a concept, background, and a pursuit that will give the characters skills. Not all pursuits will have a vehicle. Vehicles are also built with points and can be upgraded to be better than stock. You can get the pdf for free from DriveThruRPG.

If you are interested in playing in the game please reply to this thread, so I can PM you with my email to add you to my contacts or head over to Mad Max: Beyond Australia to request to join. The Roll20 campaign page has a summarized timeline of the original Mad Max trilogy, but with more fleshed out information that is suited for the US. The game is tentatively scheduled for Saturday at 12 PM CST (UTC -6).

You can join the game directly by clicking the link.

Guidelines for Character Creation
  • No canon characters
  • All beginning characters start with the following skills at Novice (level 1): Athletics, Brawl, Melee, Notice, Persuade, Shoot, and Stealth.
  • All characters will start with the Remnant or ’Steader Background
  • At least one character with a vehicle with no more than 2 vehicles for the entire party
  • At least one character that has a Greaser pursuit
  • New skill called Law which covers the basics of a variety of legal types.
  • Lore Keeper, Roadwarrior, and Sentinel pursuits can select Law 1 as part of their skills under the Choose from list.
  • Roadwarrior and Sentinel pursuit characters with the skill Law 1 are former police and state patrol officers.
  • Lore Keeper Pursuit characters with the skill Law 1 were former lawyers and judges.
  • The only attribute that cannot be increased post creation is Understanding. It can be increased to 5 during character creation as an exception to the maximum skill and attribute level of 4 at the start of play.
Guidelines for Vehicle Creation
  • Decide the production year, make, and model of the vehicle.
  • This determines the car classification for small, medium, and large cars.
  • Small, Medium, and Large cars are based upon wheelbase and width. All vehicles come with a 4 cylinder engine for free and can be upgraded to provide more Muscle and Speed with the Large Block V8’s granting the largest bonus.
  • Engine upgrades cost a certain amount of points from the character’s vehicle point pool. They also replace the upgrades for Muscle and Speed.
Current Players
  • JarlFrank

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Ran Atomic Highway for a few sessions before. It was a lot of fun. Good luck, hope you get a group together for this!

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Thank you and I'm really looking forward to running it. JarlFrank signed up for it and is working on his character. You could join as well.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Best of wishes from a fellow GM. If I woudn't be running WFRP over Roll20, I'd certainly enlist on a merry, post-apocalyptic trip.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ya, not huge on google hangouts or VOIP in general. Otherwise I might've been interested to play or spectate depending on timezones. But best of luck. The few codexers I've pen&papered with were great fun.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Ulm, I can understand. I did change some of the details of the game. I went with Roll20 for the game since it has dice and voice already built in. The character and vehicle sheets for Atomic Highway are already done, so it's just a matter of creating characters. The first post has been updated to reflect this. Also, Roll20 does have chat, so people that do not want to talk through voice can join using the chat box.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
JameDixon How's the campaign coming along? I recently also started one of my own (over the table, not roll20). I never used the vehicular rules before, but I'll be trying them out next week in a deathrace that will function as a tutorial for myself and the players.

Also, just out of curiosity, what are your regulations on the flow of Fortune?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
udm The campaign is going well. I'm glad that you decided to run a game. The vehicle rules are pretty easy and it's a lot of fun to see combat take place.

Usually, my players only use Fortune when it's absolutely necessary and is a very cinematic thing they want to do. If it's pretty selfless I usually award 1 or 2 Fortune just because the player really brought out the best in the game and made it enjoyable for everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom