Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing Fallout 2 as a slaver

Vibalist

Arcane
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I can't get the search function to work for some reason.

I'm considering an evil playthrough in Fallout 2, and what I want to know is how playing as a slaver will change the game experience. I've heard that many characters wont speak to you and that you're basically restricted from doing many of the sidequests, but are there any positive side effects, such as gaining access to new quests or stumbling into some interesting situations? Or will it just make the game harder?

Thanks in advance.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
If you're a slaver, you can't get the "free slaves from the slave pen" quest in the NCR. I think you can also sell some of your followers into slavery.

Melcar

Arcane
I have only played a slaver a few times. The first thing I noticed was that many quests were closed to me. I don't remember the specific quests, but you do loose on a lot of them. I didn't really notice any extra stuff that couldn't be done without being a slaver, except for the extra cash from the slave runs.

Texas Red

Whiner
Elwro said:
If you're a slaver, you can't get the "free slaves from the slave pen" quest in the NCR. I think you can also sell some of your followers into slavery.

Yes but you can work for those slavers.

Probably the most important quest line that is closed is the Wight family in New Reno. They don't accept slavers. Several companions won't join you either.

Black

Arcane
As a slaver you can't get location of Sierra Army Depot.
Solution: get the location first, then become a slaver.

Texas Red

Whiner
Vibalist said:
Meh. Sounds like it ain't worth it at all. Thanks for the replies guys.

It's worth it as an evil character. You get plenty of responses to your slaver tattoo. I always go the slaver route when playing evil(I'm actually doing it now).

Black said:

I don't like this location because it ruins the game. You get enough loot to buy the whole Wasteland. My companions and car couldn't carry all of the shit out from there. As a slaver I'm happy that I don't get to know this place.

Melcar

Arcane
Black said:

It is possible to find a map in Golgotha. It's in one of the graves, but your character needs to be very perceptive for him to notice the map.

Kavax

Scholar
Being a slaver does have a few advantages. Some shopkeepers of dubious morality will charge you less for items (Both the caravans and the city traders). Pretty much everyone in New Reno that doesn't have "Wright" on its name will love you, so if you are a slaver with good charisma you will get the best possible rewards from the three gang leaders.

If you are using the Restoration mod, it fixes the Cult of Personality perk. You can use this perk to get around some of the disadvantages of being a slaver. (You'll be able to recruit non-evil NPC's, and you can also get quests from people who normally dislike slavers as long as you haven't yet talked to them before getting the perk)

Black

Arcane
Melcar said:
Black said:

It is possible to find a map in Golgotha. It's in one of the graves, but your character needs to be very perceptive for him to notice the map.
No, fuck this rumours. I've searched the whole Golgotha, wasted like 30 minutes revisiting graves that I've already visited and nothing.
Also, Per's guide doesn't mention it, and that means it officialy doesn't exist.

Vibalist

Arcane
Black said:
Melcar said:
Black said:

No, fuck this rumours. I've searched the whole Golgotha, wasted like 30 minutes revisiting graves that I've already visited and nothing.
Also, Per's guide doesn't mention it, and that means it officialy doesn't exist.

It does exist. I don't know if it's the restoration mod that adds it or something, but I found it on my last playthrough.

Melcar

Arcane
Black said:
Melcar said:
Black said:

You have to have high perception. And once you open a grave you can't "redo" it, meaning if you don't get it the first time you're screwed. Just take a few mentats and dig up the graves.

Kavax

Scholar
I'm pretty sure that the grave with the map is only in the Restoration mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom