Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playstation CEO: By 2025, half of Playstation's releases will be on PC/mobile (internal document leaked confirming lots of PC projects)

ADL

Prophet
Current lineup according to the GeForce Now leaks. This has been confirmed numerous times.
COtBRHK.png

Sackboy Adventures found on SteamDB October 2021. Returnal found on SteamDB May 2022. Spider-Man and Miles Morales releasing Fall 2022.

Deracine before Bloodborne lol people are going to lose their fucking shit

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Returnal found on SteamDB today meanwhile Sackboy Adventures remains unannounced despite being found on there many months ago. Sony projects that they'll make $300 million off PC sales this fiscal year. Nearly quadrupling what they made in FY2021. Right now their only confirmed upcoming release is Uncharted 4+Lost Legacy.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
By half of the PS releases he means the ones that were released for PS4 and PS5 aka the worthless ones. Won't be seeing any of the good PS1 or PS2 games. And since we are limited to modern Sony I'd be surprised if an actual good game like Gravity Daze saw a PC port.

ADL

Prophet
Hopefully this comes sooner rather than later. Returnal is one of the two exclusives I actually want from the Playstation 5.

For anyone that missed this.

Derringer

Prophet
A lot of people would pay for a PC port for Gravity Daze but they already murdered their Japanese branch.

Perkel

Arcane
Still wont ever get to play Bloodborne or the real Demon's Souls, aka the only Sony exclusives that matter.

:troll:

Bloodborne already can be played on PC for free via their PSnow streaming service. Registered in UK and finished in poland God of War and half of BB (i did finish it on ps4 years ago though). No expansion though which is a shame. Latency wise i was shocked to see barely any and quality of stream was superb.

oroginal demon's can be plaued via ps3 emulator. It works effectively flawlessly if you have decent CPU and low-medium grade gpu. If you have great CPU you can even play it 60fps.

There are also ton of rumors for past 2 years that BB is being remastered for release on ps5 and PC. It was supposed to be annouced by the end of last year but something happened and it got moved to this year (annoucement)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They could release their PS1-PS2 games on PC via partnership with GOG or something but nah, that makes too much sense.
Because sure as hell they won't come back on PSN or anything.

ADL

Prophet
There are also ton of rumors for past 2 years that BB is being remastered for release on ps5 and PC. It was supposed to be annouced by the end of last year but something happened and it got moved to this year (annoucement)
I believe it. Either a full on remake from Bluepoint or some serious retooling from another studio that's able to salvage From Software's mess. Whatever reason it's taking so long is probably a good one. I don't want another awesome From Software game being let down by another dogshit port.

Freedos

Novice
A lot of people would pay for a PC port for Gravity Daze but they already murdered their Japanese branch.
Sadly. I would love Gravity Rush (yeah, it's in psnow, but still...) or The Last Guardian on PC.

Sony killed his most interesting developer branch, I'm afraid...

Devastator

Learned
Bloodborne already can be played on PC for free via their PSnow streaming service.

Not once while playing BB did I think: "I wish I had double the input lag!"

I can't imagine playing the cursed chalices -- where some of the bosses will one-shot you -- any other way than locally.

Codex Year of the Donut
Streaming input lag was undetectable for me on most services, the main exception being Stadia.
I genuinely thought it would be a barrier to streaming but it wasn't. As it turns out, the main barrier for streaming was ironically -- greed. GeForce Now would be significantly more popular if it wasn't for publishers demanding Nvidia remove their games.

I didn't, however, get to try PSNow as I was unaware of it. I'll add it to my list. The xbox equivalent did well though.

I suspect this may not be true if you are outside of North America though, or in a remote NA region.

Devastator

Learned
Streaming input lag was undetectable for me on most services, the main exception being Stadia.
I genuinely thought it would be a barrier to streaming but it wasn't. As it turns out, the main barrier for streaming was ironically -- greed. GeForce Now would be significantly more popular if it wasn't for publishers demanding Nvidia remove their games.

I didn't, however, get to try PSNow as I was unaware of it. I'll add it to my list. The xbox equivalent did well though.

I suspect this may not be true if you are outside of North America though, or in a remote NA region.

PS Now has been rebranded to Premium. In any case, I tried streaming Ghost of Tsushima on my PS and it seemed completely fine initially, until I tried parrying. I couldn't even time parries during the tutorial, I was always off. The ones that I timed right were completely by accident and the perceived timing made no sense on my end. Once I installed the game locally I managed to time them all just fine. I am in EU, so maybe that has something to do with it. They way it performs for me currently, I can't imagine playing BB this way (especially considering that consistently parrying in GoT is very easy compared to BB).

I haven't had the chance to try other streaming services, unfortunately. Hopefully they run better in my region. (My line speed is 300/100Mbit/s, which should be enough, so I'm guessing the problem is either the location of the server or their method of streaming itself).

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
In my experience the only game streaming service worth a damn is GeForce Now which I used to play Kingdom Come Deliverance through while I was between graphics cards at 1440p max settings off a pretty mediocre connection. If I didn't need discrete hardware for modding, I would have probably cancelled my GPU order. Google Stadia and Playstation Now are awful and should not be representative of streamed gaming. I haven't tried Amazon's Luna or Xbox Cloud Play or any of the smaller ones.

I can't imagine playing Bloodborne or Ghost of Tsushima through Playstation Now. What a fucking nightmare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom