Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline PlayStation Exclusive (also on PC day one)

Do you even own other current gen gaming platforms?

• Playstation

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Xbawks

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Portable Nintendo

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Nintendo at home

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Glorious PC Master race

Votes: 35 89.7%

• Total voters

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
After Microsoft stated their strategy for Xbox going forward is console exclusivity + PC release parity, now Sony is doing the same for PlayStation (for now, third party only, but this will change soon).

And, of course, Nintendo games are already on PC via emulators (and run better on the Steam Deck than on the Nintendo Switch).
PC Chads, we can't stop winning.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
maxresdefault.jpg

Ryzer

Arcane
^ Said the guy who spent a thousand bucks for a single ( already outdated) overpriced videocard from Nvidia.
PC players love to eat shit these days, there is nothing good released, nor there is any good on consoles either, but they believe it's some kind of supremacy.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Current gen consoles are just shit wannabee PC's, and we know it.

I own a PS4 and 360, but picked them up silly cheap for a laugh. Fallout 4 for £1 stands proud in my PS4 collection as indisputable hard evidence of gaming decline.

Only decent consoles are retro ones.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane

Own a PS4 and 360, but picked them up silly cheap for a laugh. Fallout 4 for £1 stands proud in my PS4 collection as indisputable hard evidence of gaming decline.

PS4 has only Bloodborne + the old hunters providing hours of fun.

Machocruz

Arcane

Own a PS4 and 360, but picked them up silly cheap for a laugh. Fallout 4 for £1 stands proud in my PS4 collection as indisputable hard evidence of gaming decline.

PS4 has only Bloodborne + the old hunters providing hours of fun.
Great game, but further demonstrates the absolute state of things when it's the only reason to own a console these days.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck Bloodborne for being a PS4 exclusive.
Still a great game though.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wow! I predicted Sony would announce official PS1 emulation on PC (ala Sega's Genesis stuff but worse) by the end of the year. I was too modest on how quickly Sony's shit would fold.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
this is a looser mentality - we should go back to pc exclusives, the gaming decline began with multiplatform compatibility

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Wow! I predicted Sony would announce official PS1 emulation on PC (ala Sega's Genesis stuff but worse) by the end of the year. I was too modest on how quickly Sony's shit would fold.
Recently Valve queried Nintendo if they would chimp out if Valve has the Dolphin emulator hosted on Steam, and Nintendo told them that yes, they would. Therefore Valve hasn't added the emulator on Steam. And therefore I suspect Sony won't be in a hurry to officially back an emulator. Valve would be the first to strike on that front, and, if the lawyering fails, only then consoles will follow.

deuxhero

Arcane
Recently Valve queried Nintendo if they would chimp out if Valve has the Dolphin emulator hosted on Steam, and Nintendo told them that yes, they would. Therefore Valve hasn't added the emulator on Steam. And therefore I suspect Sony won't be in a hurry to officially back an emulator. Valve would be the first to strike on that front, and, if the lawyering fails, only then consoles will follow.
Sony would not do a product because they're afraid of themselves striking themselves? What?

Seems like Sony is preparing a new State of Play:

Rise of Ronin
Death Stranding 2
FF7: Rebirth
Sonic
Shadow of The Colossus 2
Silent Hill 2
Until Dawn 2
Metro
Judas

Will this one have a totally pointless and irrelevant live action intro?

Elttharion

Learned
Seems like Sony is preparing a new State of Play:

Rise of Ronin
Death Stranding 2
FF7: Rebirth
Sonic
Shadow of The Colossus 2
Silent Hill 2
Until Dawn 2
Metro
Judas

Until Dawn is probably a remake/remaster. I doubt Shadow of the Colossus 2 is real, both Team Ico and Japan Studio are dead, its probably a new Sonic generations game or a remake.

If it's on PC it's not an exclusive, everyone has a PC, the whole point of a console exclusive is to get you to buy their walled garden shitpile.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I own a PS4 and 360, but picked them up silly cheap for a laugh. Fallout 4 for £1 stands proud in my PS4 collection as indisputable hard evidence of gaming decline.

Last console I bought was PS3 and it served mostly as a DVD/Blu-ray player.

Gargaune

Arcane
whydoibother, shouldn't you have made this a multiple-choice poll? What if there are Codexers among us who own not one, but several consoles? Shouldn't we know about such dangerous deviants subverting our PC gaming forum?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom