Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playstation VR 2

Dexter

Arcane
Unexciting as ever, and really what i see there could be on quest 2.
That's because aside from most of these not being "new titles" it is, here's the list with Quest Store links:
29/38 are outright Quest titles.

4 of the rest are old already released SteamVR games:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1082430/Before_Your_Eyes/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1683340/Kayak_VR_Mirage/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/555160/Pavlov_VR/

What remains as Original PSVR2 titles are:
The Dark Pictures: Switchback
Fantavision 202X
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Call of the Mountain
Resident Evil Village

And two of those are just ports of Flat games, and we're talking "Launch Window Lineup" here that's supposed to "WOW" people. This ain't gonna work if nobody but Faceshit puts any money into actual game development.

Mortmal

Arcane
Genuinely diddnt know they were on quest 2 already... Their lineup is miserable, but that was the same for the PS5 release itself, it doesnt even prevent it to sell.

Venser

Erudite
Genuinely diddnt know they were on quest 2 already... Their lineup is miserable, but that was the same for the PS5 release itself, it doesnt even prevent it to sell.

Meanwhile I'm overwhelmed cause it's gonna take me a year just to get through the launch lineup. Gonna start with Horizon, then Resident Evil Village that I purposely didn't play cause I knew VR version was coming. Gonna build a racing rig for GT7 that I'll also use for simracing on PC...Rush of Blood is one of my favorite VR games ever so the sequel Switchback is gonna be tons of fun. Was saving Moss 2 for PSVR2 as well so I'm gonna replay the remaster of the first one again and play them back to back. Also skipped Tetris Effect on PSVR1 because of the low screen resolution but it should look great now. Same for Rez, was meaning to pick this one up for some time after playing the demo and this will be the best version. Also slept on Song in the Smoke, heard great things about it...That's not even half of it, it'll take me forever to play through it all.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Pavlov will get a PSVR2 release whicj supports crossplay with PCVR. Thats great news as you sometimes struggle to find snd lobbies because everyone plays stupid among us mode

Venser

Erudite

And the rest of the Perp games VR showcase:

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet

Production being cut is fake news but I hope this is the push they needed to make it PC-compatible. As a Index owner I'd buy this in a heartbeat for the inside-out tracking alone.

Venser

Erudite
Resident Evil Village is 50% off and Gran Turismo 7 is 43% off, the same month PSVR2 is coming out. So perfect time to grab them.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't want to wear glasses under the headset so I'll wait for insert lenses to be released and proven before I get it. I know 3rd parties are working on it already.

Venser

Erudite

Some GT7 footage of showroom and the driving. Just 2 more days...
I can already tell I'm gonna spend so much time just looking at cars in the showroom mode. Also I need to buy a wheel, pedals, shifter and a rig but I'm pretty broke ATM :/

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Downloaded all of the games yesterday, hyped to go pick up my headset today on my day off, only to wake up to a message that it's gonna be available tomorrow from 8 am. It's gonna be my workday too....

:(

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
aj2uc3xp1mja1.png

Venser

Erudite
New game from Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Tetris Effect, Child of Eden, Rez...)

Venser

Erudite
VRblue.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. I have some mixed feelings about it. First the sweet spot is very small and you have to play with the setup and fiddle with the headset a lot to find it but once you do, the clarity is pretty good. It's not a good headset to pass around when you have guests cause it has to be calibrated every time you give it to someone otherwise it's gonna be a blurry mess. This is not a headset you can just put on and expect good image. The controller tracking is good, haven't had a single tracking loss happen yet. I like the controllers much better than Quest's. They are light and fit in the hand nicely. The haptics are good and kinda realistic but they have much weaker vibration power than other VR controllers, which is a shame. Love the headset vibration tho, should become a standard for VR.

In some games (Kayak VR) I've noticed crazy ghosting which might be due to reprojection but I've played tons of games on PSVR1 and Quest 2 and never saw ghosting this bad, not even close. It's almost unplayable. I thought maybe it had to do something with eye tracking, so I turned it off and then game dissolved into a blurry collage and screen started glitching while turning around. GT7 worked great, haven't noticed any ghosting while playing. Saw it in Horizon but it wasn't nearly as bad as in Kayak so it seems like that game is just very poorly optimized. Or maybe PS5 isn't powerful enough for these graphics, even with eye tracking enabled.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Also on the fence about sending it back. Visually its inferior to my Quest2 PCVR setup. The constant reprojection in ReVillage is especially jarring if you are used to the VR mods of the RE series on pc.

I like the black levels, the comfort and the eye tracking. The controllers are kinda eh, i prefer the Quest2 controllers to be honest.

Its a good headset to get mainstream into VR and to increase the games library, but pcvr is superior on a technical level.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm thinking about this, mainly because I don't already have any existing VR setup but do have a PS5 and am quite into Gran Turismo already. Reviews of VR for GT7 are really good.

What else should I look at. Moss? That Star Wars dogfighter thing? I'm a rank beginner - used VR for a total of 5 minutes at a museum once.

Venser

Erudite
I'm thinking about this, mainly because I don't already have any existing VR setup but do have a PS5 and am quite into Gran Turismo already. Reviews of VR for GT7 are really good.

What else should I look at. Moss? That Star Wars dogfighter thing? I'm a rank beginner - used VR for a total of 5 minutes at a museum once.
Moss is good. Get the discounted bundle of Moss 1 & 2. Star Wars Squadrons is on PSVR1 and there's no info about it being ported to PSVR2. There are a bunch of demos you can try and decide based on that (Horizon: Call of the Mountain, Resident Evil Village, Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge...). I'd recommend RE8, Pistol Whip and Thumper. Thumper might not be for everyone tho. It's a fast rhythm game with horror atmosphere that evokes a feeling of paranoia, which is a pretty unique combination. Add to it an awesome soundtrack and clear 120HZ/120FPS gameplay without any blur. Can be played in both VR and flat mode.

I'm still at the beginning of Resident Evil Village. Avoided the playing it on flat cause I wanted to experience it in VR for the first time and I chose hardcore difficulty. It can be pretty stressful, shaky hands trying to reload and fumbling for items hehe.

Doktor Best

Arcane

Pavlov is basically Counterstrike in VR and its glorious.

RE8 is another obvious pick. Moss1+2 was already named.

Id avoid no mans sky, its a cheap cashgrab with lousy vr implementation.

Soon PSVR will get the twd saints and sinners game, those are really well made.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Thanks for the tips. That RE8 footage looks incredibly stressful. Dunno if my tiny mind could take that. I'll take a look at Pistol Whip, Thumper and Pavlov though. I didn't realise there were demos. Perhaps that's something to look at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom