Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Please keep CODEX the way it is

Semiurge

Cipher
Don't let the bleating NPC's turn this place into a clone of their safe spaces. Remember DU, they whose money you accept, own you in the end. At least make it the money of honest to god users, not the faceless slaves of Moloch. Also making a few "reprehensible" threads public would send a clear message to the undesirables, that their brand of tyranny is not wanted here by the majority of this site. And no, I'm not letting any "agenda" govern my judgement here, it would be a prudent move for the future.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

Fuckin what i been sayin dude. Stand up for your rights an get me back in the boys thred

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
> calls for QOL changes to the Codex
> "Don't let the bleating NPC's turn this place into a clone of their safe spaces."
> joined April 2020

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Codex doesn't censor your opinions about games so don't worry. You are free to criticize all indie early access games.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Don't let the bleating NPC's turn this place into a clone of their safe spaces. Remember DU, they whose money you accept, own you in the end. At least make it the money of honest to god users, not the faceless slaves of Moloch. Also making a few "reprehensible" threads public would send a clear message to the undesirables, that their brand of tyranny is not wanted here by the majority of this site. And no, I'm not letting any "agenda" govern my judgement here, it would be a prudent move for the future.

If you had read the fucking pinned rules on this forum: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/rules-of-the-codex-enhanced-edition-directors-cut-2013.87048/

Then you would know this is never going to be a safe space for anyone, you illiterate fuck.

Semiurge

Cipher

Corvinus

Arcane
this forum does not exist so that social rejects can say 'nigger'

I don't believe I ever have, but you did.

If you had read the fucking pinned rules on this forum: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/rules-of-the-codex-enhanced-edition-directors-cut-2013.87048/

Then you would know this is never going to be a safe space for anyone, you illiterate fuck.

That's supposed to be a guarantee? Please.

Click the link and read the rules. You will find it enlightening, I promise you.

sys0nar

Educated
I agree, Codex is good the way it is, it isn't total Anarchy, but isn't total Authoritarian either.

People can shit-post a bit and say words such as Retard, Fag and Autism in a way to critique someones opinion or behavior, not to make fun of people with those issues.
Never seen any racism here, I'm sure it exists but it's not a big problem.
I love the old school reaction board, when used in appropriate situations they are funnier than 99% of modern internet memes.
The U.I is nostalgic and minimalist (in a good way).
Never seen politics mentioned.
Don't have some Karen bringing up mental health every 5 minutes (or constantly flashing the pride flag.)
Old-fags help and support New-fags with a small but healthy amount of gate-keeping.
People don't have a complete mental breakdown when someone says their favorite game sucks (mostly).

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I agree, Codex is good the way it is, it isn't total Anarchy, but isn't total Authoritarian either.

People can shit-post a bit and say words such as Retard, Fag and Autism in a way to critique someones opinion or behavior, not to make fun of people with those issues.
I love the old school reaction board, when used in appropriate situations they are funnier than 99% of modern internet memes.
Don't have some Karen bringing up mental health every 5 minutes (or constantly flashing the pride flag.)
Old-fags help and support New-fags with a small but healthy amount of gate-keeping.
People don't have a complete mental breakdown when someone says their favorite game sucks (mostly).

- There is a lot of genuine racism here, but it's not a problem. Nobody can lynch anyone over the Internet.
- Meh. Still not sure about the buttons. People seem to like them but they use them as an alternative to posting a response a lot of the time so it can be hard to get a conversation going
- Yeah the UI is fine I guess. It's a forum and looks like one. Sometimes I think another color would be more cheerful though
- There's a whole forum for politics in the offtopic boards. You get access to them after a year or just donating.
- I hate the Karen meme so much. I hate memes in general now that they've become mainstream.
- Oldfags are supportive as long as you are asking them questions rather than voicing opinions. Definitely be prepared to argue far longer than you care to if you're going to have opinions about things
- They're more likely to give you a mental breakdown for saying you like something than hate something, except certain select games.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Reported for illiterateophobia.

HAET HAS NO PLACE HERE :peacefulprotests:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I just want to point out this is the most low energy site feedback thread in some time. This is due to my inability to rate posts. I approve this message.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
- There is a lot of genuine racism here, but it's not a problem. Nobody can lynch anyone over the Internet.

It's preferable to let people openly declare they're not worth associating with on a personal basis (as opposed to a matter of business relationships) rather than drive it into the shadows and get unpleasant surprises later. That being said, it's perfectly possible for things on the Internet to spill into spheres that aren't the Internet - see what happened to at least two people I can think of from the Codex, one who did writing for... Battle Brothers, I think? and JarlFrank. Wasn't predicated on their race, though it's reasonable to assume that if it CAN happen for opinions voiced on the Internet it can happen for most any reason. Still, you deal with that when it happens, and it behooves anyone who likes to voice potentially controversial opinions to cover their own asses.

- Meh. Still not sure about the buttons. People seem to like them but they use them as an alternative to posting a response a lot of the time so it can be hard to get a conversation going

Stupid, but ultimately harmless. If they would rather use a button than a post, they probably aren't great conversationalists anyway.

- There's a whole forum for politics in the offtopic boards. You get access to them after a year or just donating.

Almost no one goes political on the Internet to learn anything useful about different political perspectives, almost no one on an Internet forum should be considered some kind of representative of a political position anyway (never mind the people who end up in office), and consequently political discussions that aren't circlejerks are usually pointless slapfights which eventually someone takes too damn seriously. Still, useful section for keeping the dross out of the more pertinent sections.

- I hate the Karen meme so much. I hate memes in general now that they've become mainstream.

Mainstreaming kills the fun of a lot of things.

- Oldfags are supportive as long as you are asking them questions rather than voicing opinions. Definitely be prepared to argue far longer than you care to if you're going to have opinions about things

The horror.

- They're more likely to give you a mental breakdown for saying you like something than hate something, except certain select games.

Skub.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

See, this is why we keep users <12 months out of GD and the Politics forum.

I like to surprise them.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

See, this is why we keep users <12 months out of GD and the Politics forum.

I like to surprise them.
and it's kind of hard to condemn a site as racist, sexist, whatever when you've been posting there for a year. :M

Semiurge

Cipher
That being said, it's perfectly possible for things on the Internet to spill into spheres that aren't the Internet - see what happened to at least two people I can think of from the Codex, one who did writing for... Battle Brothers, I think? and JarlFrank.

Their identities got compromised and some 'dexer began to stalk them, or worse?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom