Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please make this stop

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

A horse of course

For a long time now, Shoutbox has been infested with this

1. agentorange:
    TURN!
  2. Kalin:
    TURN?!
  3. Felix:
    TURN!!!
  4. agentorange:
    TURN TURN?!
  5. agentorange:
    TURN TURN TURN!
  6. agentorange:
    TUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

They do this every day, sometimes for hours on end. Many of us, including Latro, have politely requested that they get a life, but the problem seems only to be getting worse.

The primary troublemakers are agentorange and Kalin, but there are several others (Country_Gravy, some funny shit, etc.) who are led by example. This obnoxious vocal minority is regularly spamming Shoutbox with garbage, making the flow of conversation impossible to read for the rest of us.

The Shoutbox is a common space which serves a valuable purpose for our community, often visible by 80+ people. rpgcodex.net traffic is only 10% SMAChead, and they are all capable of playing modern titles. I am appealing to the administration, on behalf of Shoutbox regulars, to please put a stop to their rude behavior.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Removing shoutbox is pretty easy, just right click -> block element with Ublock Origin.
You can even have a little toggle in the hotbar where you can show removed elements again, so you can toggle the shoutbox on, see that the autists are trying to conquer mars or whatever and turn it off again.

Deleted member 7219

I didn't get the shitty reference but it made me think of this, which is good:

Codex Year of the Donut
Steps to improve Codex:

1) Remove Shoutbox

2) Remove all GD/Off-topic forums
Found a solution for your problem:
image.png

But let's not kid ourselves, your real problem is that people are saying things you don't like and they must be silenced. It's not that you don't want to see it, you don't want them to be allowed to voice their opinion.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I ignored Shitbox and later script-blocked Crispy some time ago.

I tried the same script-block with Infinitron, but accidentally going to "News" page causes my laptop to chug until it blue-screens DOH! (may revisit script to see what is going on there...

A Shitbox and Crispy free codex is good enough I suppose.

Zep--

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Make me Codex Purity Officer and I'll clean this place up in no-time, I might not be what you want but I'm what the Codex needs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Found a solution for your problem:
image.png

But let's not kid ourselves, your real problem is that people are saying things you don't like and they must be silenced. It's not that you don't want to see it, you don't want them to be allowed to voice their opinion.
Actually I'm more concerned about your mental health. As indicated by the sheer volume of posts in under two years, you're a guy, probably in his early 20's, who practically lives on the Poli-board of an RPG forum. Indeed, most of your posts show a clear detachment from reality as if you've never actually set foot outside and interacted with normal people. Maybe you should take your message to the streets and form your own autonomous zone!!!

(And I make copious use of AdBlock and NoScript. I actually can't even see the shoutbox... I was making a joke and didn't know it would trigger you so badly)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This doesn't bother me, but you'd think people playing an online turn-based game would use a watched turn-based thread for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom