Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"PLUGH" : Coming 1st Quarter 2018

What Do You Think Of a 3D Zork/Colossal Caves style Game?

• Awesome Idea With Right Execution

Votes: 49 39.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • Still waiting on Grimoire

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • Needs more bloom

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Reading is teh hard

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Hurr Durr will pirate it

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Impatient popamole manboons do not have the attention span or patience for true incline.

PLUGH will be a monumental gaming achievement like Grimoire and it will ascend to divinity and judge the saps at the right hand of the Golden Baby. Incline cometh and manboons scatter with the thunderous roar of the 'Thal horde.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Just did some experiments with some enemy AI without needing to drag in the entire UFPS engine to support PLUGH. Working very well.

I plan it to be nearly 95% about avoidance or defeating foes with intelligence instead of arms.

Screenshots coming end of November still working on Grimoire manual.

ortucis

Prophet
Why Unity? It's the sappest of the sap, you can code a better engine in two days blindfolded with a single hand and ten liters of coffee. Will you build incline upon decline?

Here we go again ... HEY GUIZE I AM REPLACING UNITY ENGINE WITH SOME OF MY OWN CODE IT RULEZ IT WILL HAVE MAXED OUT BLOOM

Could PLUGH use these?

Dungeon and Cave Kit - Shroud of the Avatar
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10370

Wait a minute, are they selling models from MMO to fund the MMO? I thought they got millions from idiots who wanted to fund that game.

grimace

Arcane
Why Unity? It's the sappest of the sap, you can code a better engine in two days blindfolded with a single hand and ten liters of coffee. Will you build incline upon decline?

Here we go again ... HEY GUIZE I AM REPLACING UNITY ENGINE WITH SOME OF MY OWN CODE IT RULEZ IT WILL HAVE MAXED OUT BLOOM

Could PLUGH use these?

Wait a minute, are they selling models from MMO to fund the MMO? I thought they got millions from idiots who wanted to fund that game.

Check the date:

Version: 1.1 (Sep 25, 2013) Size: 112.2 MB
Originally released: 20 September 2013
Package has been submitted using Unity 4.1.3.​

Portalarium and Unity are partners and support each other.

In the early days there was a contest where players could use the Unity software to create scenes using Unit Engine and Unity assets.

Starting on September 20th and then every other weekend for the next 6 weeks, we are doing 48 hour Shroud Scene Jams! On every other Friday at 6PM CST (UTC-6) we will announce the scene challenge details with documentation and a video message from members the team. You then have 48 hours to create the scene in Unity and start your upload for it by Sunday night at 6PM. We’ll announce the weekly winner the following Friday.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=28725

This was all in the early days of SotA development. These scene jams have not been held in the past 4 years. Maybe interest was too low?

RPK

Scholar
I try not to be overly negative because there's plenty of people on here for that, but maybe you should finish the game people already gave you 40 dollars for.

just a thought.

grimace

Arcane
I try not to be overly negative because there's plenty of people on here for that, but maybe you should finish the game people already gave you 40 dollars for.

just a thought.

It was Johnny Depp (Edward Scissorhands) who said:
"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

deama

Prophet
I don't get it, what is this meant to be? I never heard of Zork or colossal caves; after googling I'm still confused. Is it meant to be a giant cave system that you explore and there's factions and stuff? Like ultima underworld?

RPK

Scholar

just a thought.

lol good point

hello friend

Arcane
Why the rage rating? It's an amazing game. You might assume that it's boring because it's all text, but that's because you haven't tried it. I played it just a few years ago, it's not a nostalgia thing. It's a legit really good game.

deama

Prophet
Why the rage rating? It's an amazing game. You might assume that it's boring because it's all text, but that's because you haven't tried it. I played it just a few years ago, it's not a nostalgia thing. It's a legit really good game.
If I'm playing a text game then I'll just get annoyed at myself cause I'll keep asking "why aren't you reading a book?" Or "why aren't you playing planescape torment instead?"

FUDU

Arcane

just a thought.

I hate to be "that guy" but it was Leonardo da Vinci that originally said that.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
If I'm playing a text game then I'll just get annoyed at myself cause I'll keep asking "why aren't you reading a book?" Or "why aren't you playing planescape torment instead?"

People may want to keep their fingers moving and may have played PS:T 20 times.

ortucis

Prophet

Could PLUGH use these?

Check the date:

Version: 1.1 (Sep 25, 2013) Size: 112.2 MB
Originally released: 20 September 2013
Package has been submitted using Unity 4.1.3.​

Portalarium and Unity are partners and support each other.

In the early days there was a contest where players could use the Unity software to create scenes using Unit Engine and Unity assets.

Starting on September 20th and then every other weekend for the next 6 weeks, we are doing 48 hour Shroud Scene Jams! On every other Friday at 6PM CST (UTC-6) we will announce the scene challenge details with documentation and a video message from members the team. You then have 48 hours to create the scene in Unity and start your upload for it by Sunday night at 6PM. We’ll announce the weekly winner the following Friday.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=28725

This was all in the early days of SotA development. These scene jams have not been held in the past 4 years. Maybe interest was too low?

So they are selling models created by fans?

Maybe they should've spent time creating a better game instead of trying to milk money out of old fanboys.

Beastro

Arcane

just a thought.

Never trust a quote from a movie.

Those that seem original are taken from somewhere, those that are attributed to someone often are made up, like the end quote in The Hunt for Red October. https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/09/03/dreams/

T. Reich

Arcane

just a thought.

I'm pretty sure that it was Taylor Swift who said that first...

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Sounds like a 3D adventure game - sort of like Myst?

And for the love of God, Cleveland Mark Blakemore, tell people on Steam that you decided to release the full manual instead of the short version you promised to release back in August. Don't you see that people give you bad reviews because of that broken promise?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
And for the love of God, Cleveland Mark Blakemore, tell people on Steam that you decided to release the full manual instead of the short version you promised to release back in August. Don't you see that people give you bad reviews because of that broken promise?

Do we need to start a separate thread to track the development of the manual? These boards need more Cleve.

grimace

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that it was Taylor Swift who said that first...

just a thought.

T. Swift heard the line from Leonardo DiCaprio who appeared with J. Depp in the 1993 film What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993).

So they are selling models created by fans?

No.

Portalarium has not (to my knowledge) used any community created 3D model art assets in Shroud of the Avatar since 2014. Many of the submitted models needed much more work to fit in the game. Only one asset pack made my Portalarium is listed for sale on the unity store.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore could tell use more of his experience with Unity and Assets and how pre-fabricated models from other creators fit and don't fit in a unity scene.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom