Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Reviews

wasia

Literate
PoE.JPG

This guy is playing release version of Pillars of Eternity. Here is translation from Russian:
-Pillars of Eternity -- oh, they're good! There's an interesting alternative for battle mechanics, alignments; everything is classical, but friendly
-aaa! Are you already playing it? So how is it? I tick days on calendar
-In general it's VERY CLASSY AND FRIENDLY. I cannot disclose the details, but to judge after first hour -- it doesn't dissapoint.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
First hour?

You don't know anything about first hour. Look at Divinity OS and tell me how would you think about it in first hour. (There is that juicy murder investigation, Ardou is explaining fine points of wathing naked women when you turn yourelf into cat...)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First hour?

You don't know anything about first hour. Look at Divinity OS and tell me how would you think about it in first hour. (There is that juicy murder investigation, Ardou is explaining fine points of wathing naked women when you turn yourelf into cat...)
Ah, the usual, agressiveness on the Codex. What the fuck is wrong with saying that after the first hour, the game is looking good?

In other news, John Walker from RPS and Jason Schreier from something something also plays the game.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can do that, but what about reviewer, shouldn't he show some professionalism?

wasia

Literate
Dude, this is not a review, it's just some initial emotional reaction in his private Twitter. Obviosly he can't post anything precise 'cause of embargo.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
How is this even news? Of course reviewers are playing the game. It comes out in a week and they need to have reviews ready for a 50? or more hour long RPG.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Oh dear Obsidian ....

I have one of the press accounts. Not really sure how much I'm allowed to say at this point.

The game is really good so far. Feels like Baldur's Gate 3. Lore seems crazy deep.

It is crashing to desktop on probably ~30% of all scene transitions (map loads) for me, though. Save often!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Absurdian Entertainment snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is crashing to desktop on probably ~30% of all scene transitions (map loads) for me, though. Save often!
They seem keen on delivering that original Infinity Engine experience. :D

Baldur's Gate and Torment kept crashing for me like this too back in the day, because I had a crappy PC that needed to swap area files from CDs to HDD all the time and crashes happened often.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I want a press copy. :( I'm from the... Dinosaur Inquirer. We specialize in dick jokes and yo momma jokes. And if you don't trust me, check my signature for our authenticity.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I want a press copy. :( I'm from the... Dinosaur Inquirer. We specialize in dick jokes and yo momma jokes. And if you don't trust me, check my signature for our authenticity.

mindx2 should get one. He's like, a real journalist and everything now. Especially when compared to the rest of gaming jurnos.

In fact, calling him journalist is probably offensive and not to the profession.

Athelas

Arcane
In general it's VERY CLASSY AND FRIENDLY.
Why does it sound like he's describing a high-priced hooker?

The game is really good so far. Feels like Baldur's Gate 3. Lore seems crazy deep.
So they're saying the writing is bad/Biowarean in style? Huh.

polo

Magister
30% is a FUCKING LOT for CTD.
But well, i can only hope day 1 game is somewhat better bugs related.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
yup. fuck this. gonna wait for the first big patch. bloodborne coming out at the same time was a blessing in disguise

Shevek

Arcane
Oh dear Obsidian ....

I have one of the press accounts. Not really sure how much I'm allowed to say at this point.

Damn. I hope OE is working to fix that and put out a hotfix ASAP.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
30% CTD is par for the course on an Obsidian release. It's be unbeleivably stable for a Troika release.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've never had any significant issues with any Obs game.

I'm sure that will be the case for PoE as well.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
~March 26~
"Ah, fuck, feels good man. Nothing to do for days but to play some Obsidian-grade Pillars of Eternity."
logs on to steam
"Ah, fuck, feels bad man. New Steam TOS prohibits unlocking games via VPNs."
piratebay-380x350.jpg

"lol, nevermind"
welcome02.gif

"YES! Finally!"
finalfight002.jpg

"Melee engagement, penalized recovery rate, weird spells and shit. What to choose"
two hours of research later
"lol! I'll just go with a ranged rogue using all passive skills"
Gate-Jurassic-Park.gif

"YES! Praise Cain Sawyer and Avellone! I'm in!"
game crashes to desktop
"What the fuuuck"
Think+my+computer+has+a+few+bugs+in+it_42535b_5088293.gif

X8guDSe.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom