Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity POE1, Tyranny, or both? (or neither)

Do you like POE1, Tyranny, both, or neither?

• I like POE1 and dislike Tyranny

• I like Tyranny and dislike POE1

• I like both

• I dislike both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
None of the Kickstarter "WOOO TOTAL INTELLECTUAL FREEDOM" RPGs have turned out particularly good. Not one.

I really needa a bigger :negative: for this one. I enjoyed them but only because of the RPG drought but then I played AoD and Underreail and remember what had been lost.

Edit: Def.Tyranny though, at least its original and have good C&C

Last edited:

Prime Junta

This is missing a kingcomrade option.

I like P1. I don't exactly dislike Tyranny; the world and the story branching are cool, but the gameplay is dull. I have replayed P1 several times, but only replayed Tyranny because I felt I had to in order to be able to give it a fair shake in the review (since replayability was one of the things it was focusing on).

Put another way: if Tyranny had just reused P1's systems with a light re-skin to fit the setting, then I would probably have liked it better than Pillars.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
but only replayed Tyranny because I felt I had to in order to be able to give it a fair shake in the review (since replayability was one of the things it was focusing on).
Should have given the fully patched version a spin. :M

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
PoE 1 bored me to the point i stopped playing a bit after reaching main city and realizing i was skipping pretty much every dialogue and hating how enemies were just spammed all over the place with no rhytme or reason.

Tyranny by contrast? Finished it twice and redeemed my faith in obsidian enough to be willing to try PoE 2.

I will challenge the assertion that PoE had better combat too, maybe the bestiary in PoE is more diverse and the skills are better but at least mobs are placed more intelligently in tyranny and i always felt the number of enemies encountered in that game felt right even if you are fighting some type of human most of the time. But I didnt mind that because thematically it made sense, all the big threats have been squashed during the conquest and you are just dealing with the last defiant foes before wrapping up the campaign.

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I expected less from PoE to begin with so its faults never bothered me that much.
On the other hand Tyranny felt much more disappointing considering that they didn't have to ape D&D and were free to do a shorter and more reactive game. If the story and reactivity delivered the lackluster combat and encounters could be forgotten, but reactivity basically boils down to which side you choose at the end of part 1.

tindrli

Arcane
i have finished POE1. got bored with tyranny and left it for some other time.. they are ok. nothing spectacular but ok

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Tyranny is the better game. I would argue Tyranny is even better than PoE 2. It is honestly too bad that Obsidian fucks their partners because I would have loved to see a continuation of the story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom