Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: An Obsidian Vampire The Masquerade Game

Would you want an Obsidian Vampire The Masquerade Game

• YES PLEASE

• No

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Duraframe300

Arcane
White Wolf license or not, I'd back any Vampire related game made by Obsidian, provided it will be led by Chris Avellone. Because, you know, I like fun.

Chris Avellone equates fun gameplay?

:lol:

Xzar

Augur
No. There are better. underused settings and themes. I want mystical RPG set in Ancient Babylon.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I'd back it if I knew from advance that Josh Sawyer would have nothing to do with it.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Depending on how Armored Warfare turns out Rich Taylor may be the biggest hope at Obsidian regarding *fun* gameplay.

Of course he would have to prove himself first on a *real* rpg.

I'd prefer interesting projects to be left gathering dust until there was someone who could do them justice. I have no such faith in Obsidian.

CDPR is a much better candidate. Even though I'm not a fan of Twitcher series, their production is top-notch.

V_K

Arcane
Alternatively, consider a VTM game made by HBS.
Because why not - they've proven they can nail an urban fantasy atmosphere and that's arguably the single most important thing in a VTM game.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Meh, give the license to us (Funcom) and let us make a single player RPG for once...

A man can dream.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't want to think what would happen if you tried to balance the clans.

Cassidy

Arcane
I would have answered yes 8 years ago, but now Alphail Prototurd, Dungeon Shit 3, Oblivion with Guns with Sawyer, South Park: The Shtick of Turd, Tank P2W MMO yet to be released, MOBArs of Sawyerity and Avellone in league with a High Priestess of the Church of SJWology, Zoe Quinn, happened.

I don't understand how so many fanboys continue to overrate Obsidian no matter how many mountains of evidence they are shitty to mediocre developers show up.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would back it. Despite the original's flaws and bugs, I enjoyed it very much.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Chris Avellone equates fun gameplay?

:lol:
DarkUnderlord Fix the forum pls. Quoting and emoticons are borked.

OT: Avellone'd deconstruct the whole Vampire setting. Vampires'd be essentially good, not want human blood and twinkle in the sun.
:troll: Nah. Actually they'd be short lived, stupid, ugly creatures that are powered by the sun and exploited by evil humans. They player's story would be to change their nature by killing the Force.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the deconstruction would be: Why the hell does the lore make it sound like it's bad to be a vampire?

Last edited:

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
Depends on who is involved with it. If they can keep Sawyer away from it, turn Avellone back to the light and hire some people who know how to program properly, then yes.

Viata

Arcane
I'll wait for Eternity. While I do love Obsidian, because of some people there, I can't say good things for all their games. If anything, I wish the new Vampire game would be like the old one. I think the first person camera was one of the reason I enjoyed the game. Still, if Brian Mitsoda is part of the team, I'd glad buy the game.

And keep his wife as far away as humanly possible from the project.
I feel like I'm missing something. Is she somewhat related to how bad Dead State is?

eremita

Savant
Bring Mitsoda back as Lead Designer/Writer and I would consider throwing my money at it.

Duraframe300

Arcane
He definitely equates fun experience, despite some shoddy gameplay. Planescape, Alpha Protocol.... I all enjoyed them thoroughly. I believe Chris deserves another shot at flexing his creative muscles.

Whats the difference?

Like this is a question to everyone that says Avellone.The main problem with Sawyer many people here have are his opinions on gameplay. How would getting Avellone on and Sawyer away from a possible game rectify this? For the creative side thats as simple as making Avellone the creative lead.

But on gameplay it would be much better to have someone lead that actually DOES good gameplay, wouldn't it? If someone said *Let Tim Cain go wild*, ok. But AVELLONE?

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah sure, give them another chance. Just let sawyer stay the fuck away from it, otherwise hell balance the disciplines so that every clan is equally as competent, and rape the lore in the process like he did with petrify.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes. Absolutely. I wouldn't expect perfection, but I would expect a very enjoyable game.

And although the OP doesn't say anything about Kickstarter, I would definitely back such a project [on Kickstarter] (at a tier or two above minimum, which for me would be a lot).

I loved the format of Bloodlines and would hope for something similar: 1st/3rd person perspective, intimate storyline with multiple endings (and possibly increased C&C levels), decent-good stealth gameplay, strong characterization and voice acting, and hopefully a high sleaze factor.

Ideally Bri-Mit would be tapped as (lead?) writer and hopefully do some VA as well. I would also trust Avellone as creative lead.

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
And although the OP doesn't say anything about Kickstarter, I would definitely back such a project (at a tier or two above minimum, which for me would be a lot).
If Obsidian bought the rights to do Vampire The Masquerade Game* would you actually be interested in such a game made by them? Say such as even a Kickstarter game?
Sry. Being drunk brings out the German in me.

Also, no need to "keep Sawyer away from it". Just don't make him lead on something he essentially dislikes.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I feel like I'm missing something. Is she somewhat related to how bad Dead State is?

Some people assume that Annie is a bad writer/designer. There is no proof of that though. And as far as I know, she didn't really work on Dead State - it was mostly Brian's work, writing included.

likaq

Arcane
Some people assume that Annie is a bad writer/designer. There is no proof of that though. And as far as I know, she didn't really work on Dead State - it was mostly Brian's work, writing included.

Yes, there is.
SOZ

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom