Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: An Obsidian Vampire The Masquerade Game

Would you want an Obsidian Vampire The Masquerade Game

• YES PLEASE

• No

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Out of sheer curiosity, based off of the interest about the known Obsidian Vampire The Masquerade Game they were working on (which was cancelled because White Wolf was bought and the deal was cancelled).

If Obsidian bought the rights to do Vampire The Masquerade Game* would you actually be interested in such a game made by them? Say such as even a Kickstarter game?

*If they did buy a license to do a Vampire The Masquerade Game, the current license owner however has input and can reject ideas Obsidian may want to do with the game (and other things).

A horse of course

Let's see how their other cackstarter attempts end before going all-in on another project.

Voted kingcomrade

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
this sounds too contrived to not be a distinct possibility

is there something you want to tell us jaesun

This is just out of sheer curiosity. And there is NO WAY Feargus would even consider this. I was just curious.

I personally would back the shit out of this (I would love to see Obsidians take on this setting).

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Out of sheer curiosity, based off of the interest about the known Obsidian Vampire The Masquerade Game they were working on (which was cancelled because White Wolf was bought and the deal was cancelled).

If Obsidian bought the rights to do Vampire The Masquerade Game* would you actually be interested in such a game made by them? Say such as even a Kickstarter game?

*If they did buy a license to do a Vampire The Masquerade Game, the current license owner however has input and can reject ideas Obsidian may want to do with the game (and other things).

I would feel better if they rescued Leonard Boyarsky from his self-imposed imprisonment in Blizzard to be director on the project.

But yeah, I would back definitely support it since I really want to see Obsidian make a Horror RPG.

I mean when it's phrased like, do you want another game like Bloodlines, my answer is yes, of course. However, the closest thing they've done would be Alpha Protocol, and that doesn't exactly give me a whole lot of faith in them competently making the non-rpg/story bits.

Or are you saying it's just a game in the setting, not a Bloodlines first person type game? I actually think the Dishonored devs might be interesting candidates for that sort of thing.

Diablo169

Arcane
:takemymoney:

Always and forever. Unfortunately god knows what they'll do with the rights. That MMO turned into a clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I would have said 'yes' without hesitation some 5 years ago, but now I can only say 'kingcomrade'.

Last edited:

catfood

AGAIN
I wouldn't back it on Kickstarter, that's for sure. Not that I have anything against Obsidian, it's just that pre-ordering games doesn't sit well with me.

If the game is good I will buy it and play it. If it's bad then I won't. It's as simple as that.

The question in the OP is kinda pointless.

roshan

Arcane
Don't particularly care for Obsidian games in general. Dunno why Codexers are still dreaming about a quality product from those guys.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Masquerade and not Requiem? Gladly. Especially if they get Brian Mitsoda on board.

And keep his wife as far away as humanly possible from the project.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd give it a shot. Not sure about Kickstarter, though... depends on what they'd plan on doing with the game.

Sykar

Arcane
Despite it's rushed and overly combat heavy last part, I consider Vampire:Bloodlines to be a fairly good RPG. If it were abything remotely resembling it, I might give it some support.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Why should OE need a KS for this?
I don't see how this would be a niche game. Aren't girlies getting their knickers wet over Vampires? The question would be more why some big publishers hasn't made a deal with OE about such a game yet. (Wouldn't neccessarily have to be Masquerade would it?)
Given how PE is shaping up to be far worse than I'd expected (at least from a character system and gameplay POV) at the start of the KS, OE'd need to be very convincing in a new KS campaign.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'd be fine with any White Wolf Obsidian RPG.

But what I really want is Obsidian Entertainment presents Josh Sawyer's Delta Green: A Turn Based TactiCthulhu Role Playing Game.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I would fucking love it if Double Bear Mitsoda got hired by Obsidian and then proceeded to make with them proper third/first person sequel to Bloodlines. All over that.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Voted 'no'.:S Liked Bloodlines too much and I don't really trust Obsidian.:/ Only finished their Kotor sequel, mostly because I was a giant SW fan back then. Bought NWN 2, Alpha Protocol & F:NW, couldn't be assed to finish any of them.:| Backed their kickstarter for 20$, but I knew from the get go that I was basically gambling, never had high expectations for Pillars Of Eternity. Would be completely different with a 'Vampire The Masquerade' game, I'd get all excited and hyped up, only to end up disappointed and angry.=(

Mortmal

Arcane
Obsidian is the perfect choice to stay true to bloodlines and troika legacy. A great game but bug ridden and almost unplayable at release, i can see them deliver that, and now they have the help of the excellent paradox testing team its mandatory.

Athelas

Arcane
Obsidian is the perfect choice to stay true to bloodlines and troika legacy.

bug ridden and almost unplayable at release, i can see them deliver that
Uhm, some of us would like a game with fun gameplay.

I'm sure they would deliver on the writing and C&C front (the reputation mechanics of New Vegas and PoE would obviously be a good fit for the vampire clans).

EDIT: I can't believe I missed the obvious sarcasm of that post. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom