Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Elves

What kind of Elf do you prefer?

• Hyrulean Elves (from Zelda)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Elves (from Faerun)

• Avariel (from Faerun)

• Qualinesti Elves (from Krynn)

• Silvanesti Elves (from Krynn)

• Kagonesti Elves (from Krynn)

• Wolfriders (from Elfquest)

• Myreth Elves (from Accordlands)

• Witcher Elves (from Witcher)

• High Elves (from Azeroth)

• Blood Elves (from Azeroth)

• Void Elves (from Azeroth)

• Svartálfar (from Svartalheim/ MCU)

• Alfar (from Alfheim/ MCU)

• Tir Tairngire/ Sinsearach Elves (from Shadowrun)

• Tír na nÓg Elves (from Shadowrun)

• Earthdawn Elves (from Earthdawn)

• Ogier (from Wheel of Time)

• Llanowar Elves (from Dominaria)

• Arcanum Elves

• Total voters

Reinhardt

Arcane
not disgusting anime elf boobs
Oh, right, you are kwanzanian. Here -

XRwt3Lp.jpg

dara1.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
Are somewhere out there any undead evles? Or vampire elves?
Vampire_of_the_Mists_cover.jpg

An entire novel about an undead elf. Also, Lord Soth's banshee harem are undead elves.

__kesselrink_rance_drawn_by_yanazuri_kimossari337__sample-a70712d0f30789a3a6e90f55c08a8f36.jpg
Kesselring-X-Woman.png
Kesselring-X-Portrait.png

Kesselring from Rance X.

Zombie-Elf-01.png

Zombie Elf from Rance 01.

Plenty of Ghost/ Undead/ Vampire/Lich elves in the Accordlands setting (Larisnar/ Myreth Elves).
The_Lady_of_Pain_%28Warlord%29.jpg

Last edited:
This poll isn't nearly gay enough. It's missing Bethesda's Tamriel elves, or Tamrielves.
Seems like garden variety Faerun elves to me. What are the differences?
Oh boy.

The TES lore is actually good, pity it never gets properly represented ingame. But about the TES elves, "Mer":

Bosmer "forest elfs": Cannibals
Ayleids, daedra worshipping "High Elves" that enslaved millions of humans and commited all kind of fucked up decadent shit (think flesh sculptures and gut gardens). Got rightfully erradicated.
Dwemmer, deep elves that are essentially steampunk elves with Mesopotamian beards
And all the other genocidal, enslaving, eugenicists cunts.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Best elves are from Norse mythology. Second best elves are cosmic horror elves of folklore, who might help you on a whim but generally seem to be sociopaths with alien priorities living in an overlapping world operating under completely different rules.
Yes, exactly. I like elves who are Tolkeinish in that they are tall, beautiful and Nordic (Tolkien elves don't even have pointy ears), but I also like when they're maybe a little bit evil, like Melniboneans. I like when they're separated from the mortal world with magical defenses, or time works differently where they live. Maybe they kidnap humans for some reason, replace them with changelings and take them back to elf-land.

I like when elves are "alien" but not when they LOOK like aliens. They should be universally good looking.

I think a lot of the hate for elves comes from D&D depictions of them as short, skinny pussies who hug trees. I hate that shit too. D&D is probably responsible for a lot of that, because elves and other magical races like dwarves and gnomes had to be "balanced" with humans, so all the cool shit about them was watered down. Elves and other magical races should be far superior to humans, except that they don't have souls.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Best elves are from Norse mythology. Second best elves are cosmic horror elves of folklore, who might help you on a whim but generally seem to be sociopaths with alien priorities living in an overlapping world operating under completely different rules.
Yes, exactly. I like elves who are Tolkeinish in that they are tall, beautiful and Nordic (Tolkien elves don't even have pointy ears), but I also like when they're maybe a little bit evil, like Melniboneans. I like when they're separated from the mortal world with magical defenses, or time works differently where they live. Maybe they kidnap humans for some reason, replace them with changelings and take them back to elf-land.

I like when elves are "alien" but not when they LOOK like aliens. They should be universally good looking.

I think a lot of the hate for elves comes from D&D depictions of them as short, skinny pussies who hug trees. I hate that shit too. D&D is probably responsible for a lot of that, because elves and other magical races like dwarves and gnomes had to be "balanced" with humans, so all the cool shit about them was watered down. Elves and other magical races should be far superior to humans, except that they don't have souls.
Ironically, I made a NWN module where only elves have souls (since in the setting elves have dragon blood that gives them soul, allowing them to learn sorcery). Humans and dwarves were created as a servant/ slave race to the elves, and do not have souls.

Koschey

Arcane
By my count this will be the fifth post voting for dead elves. Clearly this poll is incomplete.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You might prefer Gerald Brom's depictions of elves to those made by other TSR artists:

Dragon197.jpg
dl-dls4.jpg
dl-dls2.jpg

pic2577314.jpg
pic520914.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom