Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder [Poll] How are you going to handle Companions in WotR?

How are you going to handle Companions in WotR

• 1) Stick to the Companions original classes/flavor

Votes: 60 63.2%
  • 2) Try to salvage the Companions but still use them

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • 3) Full Custom Party

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
why not just go play a different game if you don't care about the story
Right, I'm going to play one of the many other Pathfinder videogames currently available.
people who enjoy 3.5e are probably content with eating paintchips or something instead
Joke's on you, I enjoy ALL the editions :martini:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Gygax hanging out with Elvis somewhere just wiped a tear from his eye.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't disagree. I meant "extra" in the sense that you get more out of pre-made companions, in terms of content, than you would with player-made ones.

They’re hanging between my legs.
Do they? That sounds awfully subjective.

Restricting yourself to one provides insufficient depth.
So does thinking you know all the answers and not trying to explore other possibilities as a result.

Desiderius

Patron
Gygax hanging out with Elvis somewhere just wiped a tear from his eye.

If Pathfinder was a 20-level megadungeon with permadeath you MIGHT have a point. Gygax would never support 'story PCs' who can't be killed or dismissed from the team.

a) go fuck yourself you miserable asswipe

b) the Gygax comment was in reference to NJClaw's immediately above it, which had nothing to do with Pathfinder

c) Pathfinder companions can be both killed and dismissed.

Desiderius

Patron
Indeed. Stop doing so.
I often second-guess and triple-check myself, because I am always aware of the possibility that I might be wrong.

When I see evidence for that claim it will be the first time.

So far you've read directly out of the catechism that you were given.

Don't get me wrong, as catechisms go there's worse. But at some point you've got to dare a thought of your own. Even if it does bring you a step closer to death.

Harthwain

Magister
When I see evidence for that claim it will be the first time. So far you've read directly out of the catechism that you were given. Don't get me wrong, as catechisms go there's worse. But at some point you've got to dare a thought of your own. Even if it does bring you a step closer to death.
You lost me there, but I am willing to admit I am a fairly simple man, content with using simple tools.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You take what you're given. Wasn't that supposed to be the whole point? Fate deals you a hand and you make lemonade, or something like that ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom