Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
As we all know, the Codex is a democracy and we value the input of our members. So take this opportunity to vote in our button poll.

BUTTONS WILL LIVE OR DIE BASED ON THESE RESULTS.

Aenra

BUTTONS WILL LIVE OR DIE BASED ON THESE RESULTS

Am voting to keep them away, but i will explain why too.
It being the reason in itself; explaining. We get a button parade and it results to a rainbow (pun intended) of ratings. Not even a third of which are followed by actual posts. No explaining, no discussion. Just buttans. It's fun for a short while, but i really think it's detrimental if prolongued.

edit: we lose in lols too. Gems and gems of retardedness never to see the see the light of day. A shame.

Also, brofisting for trolling us already.. "Codex is a democracy", hahaha

racofer

Thread Incliner
shittydog.gif
REMEMBER!

TripJack

Hedonist
It being the reason in itself; explaining. We get a button parade and it results to a rainbow (pun intended) of ratings. Not even a third of which are followed by actual posts. No explaining, no discussion. Just buttans. It's fun for a short while, but i really think it's detrimental if prolongued.

Also, brofisting you for trolling us alreadyl.. "Codex is a democracy", hahaha
rating_shit.png

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

not every shitpost is worthy of a reply

racofer

Thread Incliner

rating_butthurt.png

Aenra

not every shitpost is worthy of a reply

Says the Bethestard.. see what i mean?

edit: Your childish butthurt aside, you do have to admit i'm right to some extent. Forums are for discussion, not for tagging posts like an aspie. As to the Trump comment above, you still got your badge.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

edit: we lose in lols too. Gems and gems of retardedness never to see the see the light of day. A shame.

Honestly, a lot can be said at the touch of a button that does not warrant a reply. If I say "Haha, funny", it doesn't add jack shit to the discussion, but I may still want to express it. If anything, the buttons cut out a lot of bullshit. If someone wants to say something, they can, and if pressing a button keeps them from doing so, the odds that it was worth hearing is likely zero.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Preferably none of this stupid button or fist shit, butt if I had to chose the buttons, it prevents that shitty hivemind one up post that plague cesspits like reddit or ign forums where you must tow the line of whatever is popular.

All that shit is casual, when their are these dumb rating systems we are scaling to their level.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I actually kind of liked the buttons but honestly they were slowly killing the server. Voted to perform more tests.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I don't know about this whole button hubbub but I don't like my poll option being stolen and passed off as original material.

racofer

Thread Incliner

Honestly, a lot can be said at the touch of a button that does not warrant a reply. If I say "Haha, funny", it doesn't add jack shit to the discussion, but I may still want to express it. If anything, the buttons cut out a lot of bullshit.

*agree*

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I never experienced performance issues with buttons, removing them doesn't change my experience either.

v1rus

Arcane
Seems like "Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc..." is gonna get most votes.

So, no moar buttons :(

Mojobeard

Augur
If the amount was toned down? Agree/disagree/informative at least were nice. Not so sure about the others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom