Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nuanced fists are incline and eliminate the incentive for low-effort garbage posts while increasing entertainment and feedback levels.

mondblut

Arcane
On a serious, technically challenging note that would surely overburden the forum even further (and would likely be implemented, if ever, in the opposite way, because lulz), I would propose individual button curation on user level. Much like alert settings - each user checkboxes the buttons he intends to use and ignores those he doesn't wish to see. Consequently, he can only use the buttons he has chosen, and his own posts can also be rated only with these buttons.

For additional C&C challenge, the total number of ratings to select is ought to be limited, and the selection could only be changed once per month.

Then again, brofists are fine as they are.

illuknisaa

Cipher
Only bad thing about buttons was that there was no cat button. In fact if there is a cat button and brofist button then I don't even rest of the buttons. People who are concerned of the sites performance we could compromise and make a cat brofist button.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For additional C&C challenge, the total number of ratings to select is ought to be limited, and the selection could only be changed once per month.
I liked the idea right up to this point. Personally, I appreciate(d) the refinement and subtlety of a complex brofist vocabulary. Don't force me to strike words from my dictionary.

DraQ

Arcane
I liked the idea right up to this point. Personally, I appreciate(d) the refinement and subtlety of a complex brofist vocabulary. Don't force me to strike words from my dictionary.
X

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter

I trust you can apply pressure to DU.

Visiting the Codex now isn't as fun as it used to be. It's like living in a shitty house, then being given nice furniture, then having it taken away and you realise you're living in a shitty house.

You are a pretty shitty poster though. Not in an ideological way just p. banal.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let me start this by saying I've never "brofisted" or otherwise rated a post and I never will. That said, I'm not the kind of man who has to impose his principles onto those around me or can't stand to be in the presence of humour that I don't personally find tasteful. Indeed, I feel the button parade offered a certain unique character to this forum as a lighthearted and self-aware nod to the nonsense that so much of Western civilisation has become. I feel that further great strides can be made in this vein and would be sorely disappointed if the colour and vivaciousness of this great forum was once again leeched away due to the insecurities of people who aren't happy unless they dominate the play of others with their bleak and joyless "brofist" only worldview.
Randal's alt detected..

Zombra

Patron
you must admit text only brofists look way more classy. whereas mundane non-joke ratings are tasteless. telling people to go fuck themselves is also too easy with that arrangement instead of forcing you to engage 1v1, doesnt seem fair.
So low-effort positivity is a good thing, but low-effort negativity should be discouraged? Where the hell do you think you are?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Visiting the Codex now isn't as fun as it used to be. It's like living in a shitty house, then being given nice furniture, then having it taken away and you realise you're living in a shitty house.

Well he is a PoE lover.. just saying..

Deleted member 7219

Why don't you ignore me then? Like you did on your old account?

Well he is a PoE lover.. just saying..

Not my fault that Pillars of Eternity is a great game.

Aenra

you must admit text only brofists look way more classy. whereas mundane non-joke ratings are tasteless. telling people to go fuck themselves is also too easy with that arrangement instead of forcing you to engage 1v1, doesnt seem fair.

Thank you dear.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As we all know, the Codex is a democracy and we value the input of our members. So take this opportunity to vote in our button poll.

BUTTONS WILL LIVE OR DIE BASED ON THESE RESULTS.

Ah, an inXile choice. Pretend to care about what we want but just do what you're going to do anyway in the end.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Speaking of ignore why are you ignoring Randal! That guy is the best troll we have seen around here in a while.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
As we all know, the Codex is a democracy and we value the input of our members. So take this opportunity to vote in our button poll.

BUTTONS WILL LIVE OR DIE BASED ON THESE RESULTS.

Ah, an inXile choice. Pretend to care about what we want but just do what you're going to do anyway in the end.

Uh, that is democracy. I don't remember a bunch of votes on issues that really matter, except occasionally on some local stuff.

Deleted member 7219

Speaking of ignore why are you ignoring Randal! That guy is the best troll we have seen around here in a while.

He triggers me too much. I'll take him off ignore when I'm less stressed with work.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Except 'now' we have only one option, just as we did 'then'.
Wow just wow!! Go back to Fallout 4 please. Or better yet go back to your Diablo 3 and your one option. LOL

You're not making any sense, Mr Angel. If you want the 18 choices of a PST dialogue, you should vote for the buttons.
You are obviously too dense to figure out yourself so let me explain it to you. You never had only one choice. You have infinite choices as you could click reply and write whatever. Buttons replaced that for many people and this is why we are against them.

Lord Andre

Arcane

He triggers me too much. I'll take him off ignore when I'm less stressed with work.

I've been slumming in politics for well over a year now but I still remember this PoE cuck. I bet you gave money to PoE2 campaign so they can make another bland, tasteless, polished turd. LOL, loser.

Deleted member 7219

I've been slumming in politics for well over a year now but I still remember this PoE cuck. I bet you gave money to PoE2 campaign so they can make another bland, tasteless, polished turd. LOL, loser.

You're damn right I did!

:balance:

ArchAngel

Arcane

You're damn right I did!

:balance:
We need a Obsitard tag for people like you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom