Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll on Piranha Bytes

What is your current stance on Piranha Bytes?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
What are your feelings towards Piranha Bytes after Elex?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yup this retadred shit cuck who goes by the name Safav Oy Hamon Vey is I'm 99% certain no other but Silver Shekel himself.

For what you did to Jarl, to Incline, to Realms Beyond, to Codex and for what utter weak, scheming scum you are (not to mention your obsession with Sawyer which makes even Roguey uncomfortable) - FUCK YOU!

P.S.

Take your poll and shove it up your tight, little, with shit stains from last year's Bar Mitzwah asshole! Btw. I choose second option

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fuck, now I have to change my voting cause I can't vote the same way this cuckroach goblin votes!

Relatively relatively it is then...

EDIT:

And of course he made it so you can't change your vote. No vote refunds, eh? :roll:

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What are your feelings towards Piranha Bytes after Elex?

Fuck you, you doxxing piece of shit. If the Codex Administration™ won't do their fucking jobs and ban your ass for doxing, then AT LEAST I can hound you on every thread and remind everyone they are NOT dealing with some random newfag, they are dealing with a subhuman a doxing piece of shit.

You don't deserve to be treated like a regular poster, you deserve a proper beatdown, like the cowardly, treacherous little bitch you are.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They wonder why they are so hated while they rape our Inclinia and shit Decline and spread it all over our faces as if it was sun cream.

I wonder why...
mystery.png

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I think trying to re-create the same game and constantly trimming more and more out of the formula qualifies them for a decline. Then again I have yet to play ELEX and maybe that was a massive comeback PB needs as a company.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
who did he dox and why should anyone care?

He made JarlFrank lose his job as writer and designer for Realms Beyond by threatening that oy vey he feels gassed by his nazi jokes (Jarl is joke nazi and so ideologically impure that he wouldn't be admited into their ranks in 1945, while Soviet tanks are ploughing streets of Berlin) and that he'll !OY MAKE SURE VEY! the world and gaming press finds out about it when their Kickstarter in October kickstarts. Doing all of this through his Silver Coin (so fuckin ironic knowing his background) account on RPG Watch he made HobbGoblin, RB owner, de facto fire Jarl.

JarlFrank targeted by SJWs, forced to quit his job

TL.DR. version? He's shit shitted by another shit or simply he's unpatched Arcania: Gothic IV in human form

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
After Risen 1 which was not that great to begin with, everything they have produced so far is pure fucking trash. Instead of going the Gothic 1-2 route with Elex as in carefully creating a tight hand crafted semi-open world experience, they decided to appeal to the Skyrim crowd as in making a huge boring ass world with 20% content and 80% walking between objectives. Not only they can't even keep with the other trash devs , but they can't even reproduce something from 20 years ago. It's mind boggling to see how garbage their gameplay, world design, UI design has got since Gothic-Risen 1, hell I'll take Gothic 1 combat over Elex, at least they had proper hitboxes 19 years ago:lol:.

Trash dev that tries to chase the trends instead of sticking to what was working.

Falksi

Arcane
Gothic - Quiant little game which had a ton of charm, but is just too clunky & dated to reallly get into now.

Gothic 2 - Definitely dated, but still a brilliantly crafted game which to this day is worth playing.

Gothic 3 - Buggy mess which I gave up trying to get to work.

Risen - Nice little game, but lacked the magic of Gothic 2, and to me actually felt as if it'd taken a few steps backwards in various areas tbh.

Risen 2 - Fucking brilliant. My personal fave of theirs. Superb dialogue & humour, nice interesting world + theme, great supporting cast, and gunplay is actually decent fun.

Risen 3 - Major letdown after number 2. Wasn't bad per say, just really boring & lifeless.

Elex - Afraid it suffer the same curse as Risen 3, having to endure dull as hell dialogue. The jumpack was fun tho, worked well.

Overall I like they're stuff, but they definitely at their best when they don't take themselves too seriously. Both Gothic 2 & Risen too had plenty of humour, but when they forget that ingrediant they're too flat.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Elex put them on a good level where I think they can only get better from. I liked it better than Risen 1 because I think it felt a lot less generic in plot and world. I unironically liked Risen 2 and 3, Risen 2 had a good soundtrack, great dialogue, some good side quests and felt really fun to play. Risen 3 was not as good but it had better combat and some fun side quests and locations.
Someone on a imageboard said something about a semi official announcement of Gothic 5 or something, but he has yet to give me a source.

Skdursh

Savant
Favorite developer despite the jank. Friendly reminder that they did not develop Arcania and they did not make that shit heap addon "Forsaken Gods". All of their games that they have made though are god tier. Elex is severely underrated.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not sure I like the choices of the poll. I voted "decline", since barely anything can reach the greatness of Gothic, but I still liked Elex a lot, so the voting choice doesn't represent my feelings™ in its entirety.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom