Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Pokemon

Who is your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon? (choose up to 3)

• Total voters

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I would say that here the most popular anime would be Dragon Ball, followed closely by Naruto...

Used to be Dragon Ball here, and Saint Seiya before that. One Piece has less blood so less popular.

Why the fuck do Germans like Lapras
It has the traditional "fuck me" furry OC look Loch Ness monster must be popular in europe.

"LOL is that... a fucking key? A pokemon is a fucking KEY??? so fucking stupid"
Lorelets don't know Klefki is actually the keychain.

Klefki is a small, grayish-white Pokémon that resembles a key ring with four keys. It has a spherical head with a small, pink oval on its forehead. Two black circles and a keyhole form its eyes and mouth, respectively. Below its head is its pink, teardrop-shaped body with a white, teardrop-shaped marking in the middle. Extending from the top of its head is a horn that resembles an old-fashioned key with two wide, blunt teeth. Extending from either side of the key is a thin loop that surrounds Klefki. Hanging from the loop are various keys that this Pokémon has collected. Klefki is very tiny, tying with Alolan Diglett and Meltan as the shortest Steel-type.

In the past, Klefki inhabited mines. When the minerals it fed on became scarce, it moved to human settlements. It now feeds on metal ions by inserting its key-like horn into chinks in metal. It likes to collect keys, particularly master keys, and will sneak into people's homes to steal them. While the exact reason for this collection is unknown, it does rattle its collection to threaten predators. It will never release a key it likes, so people will give it important keys as a way to prevent theft.

Popularity varies with age. Here in America, DBZ and Pokemon were the most popular anime during the 1990s. Then in the 2000s it was Naruto. By the 2010s the internet had become widespread and people had sequestered themselves in their own, small niches, so there wasn't a single super popular show that everyone watched. We also entered into the age of seasonal anime, where anime might be popular for one season, and then is quickly forgotten once the next set of shows starts airing. The most popular seasonal anime in America were probably SAO and Attack on Titan, but they weren't anywhere near as prolific as DBZ or Pokemon.

One Piece was never popular in America. The 4kids dub killed it, and personally I found the character designs too grotsesque/zany.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You didn't quite think this poll through did you?
There are 150 pokemon in the 1st gen alone...
Jason made a terrible poll??
Surprised_Pikachu.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Always wondered why Pokemon had the privilege of its own separate board from /v/, long before RPG's were given one with /vrpg/.
Now I realise it was probably created as a containment board...

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Deplorable fantasy cockfighting doesn't deserve a poll

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Gyarados, Scyther and Victreebell top 3 for me.

Why victreebell? Because in the playground most kids who were “good” at the game had their team being nothing but mewtwos, mews and legendary birds with maybe the odd alakazam since the duplicate cheat was well known so mewtwos were being produced at an industrial scale. Fucking meta try hards ruinning vidya even back then…

Anyways victreebell was a pokemon that often pulled surprise wins for me, some of my most treasured pokemon related memories are kids with full mewtwo teams getting salty and angry at my victreebell sleep locking their perfect meta comps allowing my “thrash” comp to beat them.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Main issue with me to this day getting a Gyarados is the useless and time wasted trying to level up the fucking fish.
I beat pokemon red last year for nostalgia, in fact I beat the elite 4 over and over until my gyarados was level 100. Gyarados is OP in gen 1 due to his high attack, it's a joke and well worth the effort, I mean not that it's hard to evolve him.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Milotic. i dont care it's not first gen , but it carried me hard in Emerald Battle Frontier ( best thing in pokemon, too bad they scrapped it because casuals) .
also special mention for Skarmory and Absol ( fantastic design, whoever jap otaku that drew them is on Giotto level)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, at one time the nurses and certain older trainers (if they had T&A) but now...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmmm..... this dude is a furry.

I guess the other spectrum is dittos for ANY pervy poke pleasures.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom